Start by marking “Denim Diaries 1: 16 Going on 21” as Want to Read:
Denim Diaries 1: 16 Going on 21

Denim Diaries 1: 16 Going on 21

Another great book in the Denim Dairies series
Published September 1st 2008 by Urban Renaissance

To ask other readers questions about Denim Diaries 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Denim Diaries 1

Jenny Tyler
Feb 09, 2013 Jenny Tyler is currently reading it
This week I have started reading '16 Going on 21' by Darrien Lee. So far this book is really intense it jumps straight into the action. Denim and Dré have been friends since they were three years old and it is clear how much they love each other. The only thing in their way is Denim's annoying and overbearing parents. Dré's birthday party has arrived so Denim asks her mom if she is allowed to go. Denim knows the rule "no partying until your 16" but because its Dré she asks her mom for permission ...more
Temani
Nov 05, 2009 Temani rated it really liked it
This book reminded me alot about myself and my life, there was alot of comparison from me to the book. Dre had to get Denim's parents approval before they started dating. My mother tried to pull that move, but I didn't agree because personally think her approval isn't needed because she's not the one dating him. If he meets the expecations for myself then he's good, no boy will be perfect, so you can't be to picky. And you can't throw away something just because your parent doesn't approve. I ...more
cheeks
Oct 22, 2009 cheeks rated it liked it
When I read this book I felt as if I had already been through the conflict.Meaning it felt like everything was happening in my living room.Denim Reminds me of my sister and how she tried to get her boyfriend to follow the right path because she knew she was gonna be at the end waiting for him with success.I think a lot of young women who are looking forward to become more then what society has in store for them deserves a good young man who wants the same for himself and her.I enjoyed this book ...more
Emmanie  Harris
Feb 22, 2013 Emmanie Harris rated it it was amazing
i Think This Book Was A Very Goood Book Most Teens My Age Probably Would Like It Because The Author Made The Book So Suspensful Where You Just Keep Wanting To Read It No Matter What . The Setting Was All Over THe Place For Explame At School , Denim House , Party's And Ect . This Was Very Fast Enough To Hold ANYBODY Interest !
Nana`
Dec 26, 2010 Nana` rated it it was amazing
love thiss
Taija
Oct 09, 2010 Taija rated it it was amazing
I Loved This Book!!!!!!1 I saw on the shelf and the title just called to me. It was a very good book. This book is good 4 more teenagers like myself or preteens. It tells about love of a young couple. I won't tell anything else. I don't spoil books for other people. Well if u read i hope you like it as much as i do.

Later
De'ja Wood
Nov 04, 2013 De'ja Wood rated it it was amazing
Denim Diaries: 16 going On 21 is the first book of the enthralling Denim Diaries series that tells the urban story of the lives of the teenagers at Langley High. The young Denim Mitchell has fallen head over heels and would do anything for her first love, Andre Patterson, even break or bend the rules. One dance, one lie, one party changes the course of their lives and their peers’ lives forever.
Briauna
May 24, 2010 Briauna rated it it was amazing
This book is really what an every day teenager goes through mostly all the time and I think that who ever reads this book will fall in love with it and never would want to put it down.Because this book is about getting pregnant your first and only love mean girls and best friends so i hope you enjoy this book as much as i did!
Liberty Young
Mar 04, 2012 Liberty Young rated it it was amazing
I could read this book over and over agian.Matter of fact i hav it in front of me right now.This book stresses the iportance of listening.this books hep me to understand that theres is no perfect boy or gil through lyfe but there is some expectations you wiil need to mee.I tottally luv dis book
Mop
Aug 16, 2011 Mop added it
Denim is a very compassionate, smart, and very attractive young woman. But, watch as the story unfolds Demin shares her soul with a former boyfriend Dre. What?I like about the book that eye-catching is how it all boils down denim handled the experience with Dre like a young woman.
Nyiesha Flowers
Nov 03, 2011 Nyiesha Flowers rated it it was amazing
i loved this book because it reminded me of how life is in my time now and what us teenagers go through. everytime i read the book i didnt wanna stop reading and i ended up finishing the book in like a two and a half days. iwanted to finish reading the other parts of the books.
Alicia
Oct 07, 2013 Alicia added it
i thought it was one of the best books i've ever read.....it keeps you on the edge of your seat every time you read it.
Mrs. Tongate
Mar 13, 2011 Mrs. Tongate rated it really liked it
Shelves: african-american
Gangs, parents, drugs, first kiss, sex, driving, gun shot, rehab, young love, all in 1.

First book in the series. Now I'm hooked to find out what happened to Dre and now Lil Carl!!
Amber
Jun 01, 2009 Amber rated it did not like it
i thought this book was alright but the writing was horrible i felt like i was readin a second grade book
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2012
Aubreyhoner
Aubreyhoner rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2014
Tracey
Tracey rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2011
Cherie Harris
Cherie Harris rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
Trishaunna Wallace
Trishaunna Wallace rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Doty Pierre-louis
Doty Pierre-louis rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Jameka williams
Jameka williams rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2009
Shauna Crawford
Shauna Crawford rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Libra
Libra rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2012
Jopher Kollo
Jopher Kollo rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2016
Pooh Smith
Pooh Smith rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2012
Abigail Cisneros
Abigail Cisneros rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2012
Danielle Wallace
Danielle Wallace rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Christ berlir  Juleseus
Christ berlir Juleseus rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2014
Alexis Smith
Alexis Smith rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Shiann
Shiann rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Sister Sister
  • So Not The Drama (Del Rio Bay Clique, #1)
  • Love, Cajun Style
  • Revenge of a Not-So-Pretty Girl
  • All About Vee (Fat Girls in LA, #1)
  • Help Yourself for Teens: Real-Life Advice for Real-Life Challenges
  • Deep in the Heart of High School
  • What I Call Life
  • Emako Blue
  • Playing with Matches
Darrien Lee, a graduate of Tennessee State University, is a two-time Essence bestselling author with four published works with Strebor Books. She has been featured in several periodicals, including Romantic Times magazine and the Nashville Tennessean. She lives in LaVergne, Tennessee, with her husband and two daughters.
More about Darrien Lee...