Start by marking “Kingdom Hearts II, Deel 1” as Want to Read:
Kingdom Hearts II, Deel 1

Kingdom Hearts II, Deel 1 (Kingdom Hearts II #1)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  1,531 ratings  ·  64 reviews
Based on the mega-popular video game! In the quiet little hamlet of Twilight Town, there lives a boy named Roxas. He and his friends Hayner, Pence and Olette are trying to enjoy their final days of summer vacation, when strange things begin to happen. First the group is falsely accused of stealing photos from all over town. Then they are attacked by bizarre, white creature ...more
Published 2007 by Sanoma Uitgevers B.V. (first published December 22nd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom Hearts II, Deel 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom Hearts II, Deel 1

Holly Letson
A wonderful beginning to the 3rd series of KH mangas.
Kairi
Oct 09, 2009 Kairi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just love KH stuff.
Christina
Strange things have been happening in the quiet little town called Twilight. Someone has been stealing photos from all over town, bizarre white and lanky creatures have attacked people, and Roxas, a young boy just as regular and normal as the next guy, has been having strange dreams of another boy whom he sees his dreams through. The strangest of the occurrences is that it all somehow ties back to Roxas and his merry group of friends...

Well, this was certainly a pleasant addition to the Kingdom
Shannon
The art is beautiful and naturally, the story is pretty fantastic. I wouldn't try and read these without having played the game first, though.
Anna
I read this book because this was the only book available to me at the time, but that's a long story.
I'm aware that there's a first series which I haven't read, and it's based off of a video game I haven't played, I believe.
You can probably assume that I was thoroughly confused, but I also thought that the art was a bit lacking at times as well. The shortness of the chapters and lack of dialogue annoyed me a bit. It took less than thirty minutes for me to get through the whole thing. So 2 stars
Kareem
Roxas and his friends face big problem, first of all he has a slit personaitly, and his other side is sora, and sora created roxas by becoming a heartless, and a heartless is a monster that has no heart.
I can connect this to the outsiders because darry has a slit personaitly because sometimes he was mad and sometimes he is nice. I give this book 5 stars because it shows action and friendship, this book is for people who like action and art, because it is a comic book
I give this book 5 stars
Selena
Maybe it's because I didn't like KH2 as much as KH1 *is shot by KH2 fans* but this one wasn't as good as the original. Everything's the same as it was in the first set of KH manga, just... it's KH2, and has the same pitfalls that I saw in the first one (like Roxas's story being rushed, being jumpy, etc).

I liked how they did the flashbacks though in this one. They only spent a page on them each time as a really nifty collage-type thing, though I feel like they were focused on too much (especially
Bayley
My least favorite thing about these Kingdom Hearts mangas are that they very vague in their storytelling; that is, it is sometimes impossible to follow along with what is going on because nothing is explained. Kingdom Hearts II better explains itself than the previous installment, Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memory, but I still found myself scratching my head every now and again because I was so confused at what was going on. Still, I think for someone who has played the game before--I have not pl ...more
Ilham El
It's a manga so yeah less than a day. Bikin nostalgia jaman jaman main kingdom hearts di PS 2 taeeee
Dante' Slaton
In a quiet town called Twilight Town, a young boy named Roxas spends his last few days of summer with his friends. But recently he's been dreaming about another boy who's somehow smiliar to him named, Sora. In his dreams Sora went to places he didn't know about and he carried a weapon called the Keyblade, a key shape blade that can only these dark creature called, the Heartless. Roxas didn't understand actually what his dream connect to, but when werid things started to happen and a strange whit ...more
Sherilyn Renee
"Roxas, you were never supposed to exist." Oh man, the feels.
Victoria villagomez
It's a good book. I love the way they made Diz and Riku.
Pearl
It's nothing compared to the game at all. I'm sure most of you have played the game but if you have not PLAY THE GAME FIRST! This manga just I guess brings more to the characters but it never gave the same emotional pull as it does when I play the game.But of course I will love most Kingdom Hearts Franchise in any shape or form. But I will ensure that you will hate this if you're those kinds of fans that are die-hard otakus who will always root for the original story
Michelle
Nov 15, 2007 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Disney
Shelves: manga
I love the game. I always watched my sis play it. When she found out that there was a manga. She wanted it. She got this manga by mistake. She wanted Kingdom Hearts vol. 1. But she read it anyways. I read it after she did. I hope she doesn't read this... I got our grandma to get her Kingdom Hearts vol. 1-4 and our mom go Kingdom Hearts:Cain of mimories all volumes for Christmas. We have to wait for the vol. of this one. I love Sora and Roxas!!!!!
Harrisondiesl
Kingdom Hearts is the epic story of a young boy named Roxas, as he and his friends enjoy their last week of summer vacation. But all of a sudden, strange thing start happenning, such as attacks by strange white creatures, and dreams of a boy named Sora. As Orginazation X111 and the nobodies close in, Roxas must learn the truth about himself, with the help of the witch Namine and the mysterious figure ???. This book is really good. Read it.
Flavio Teimouri
Roxas is enjoying his last days of summer and weird things start to occur when Sora is being restored to normal, after the events in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. The main concept of the book is just the same as the Video Game's very long introduction. I found Hayner's character to be more hysterical and funnier than he is in the game, and the pictures in this Manga comic were well drawn. I wonder what the 2nd Book will be like.......
Fizzgig76
Introduces a boy named Roxas and his friends. Roxas begins having dreams of Sora and reality begins to blend with dreams when the Nobodies, Organization XIII, and DiZ begin to appear to Roxas. Rather confusing...I've played the game, read the other graphic novels, and there are still some points where I don't entirely get what is going on. At least the series now has a plot, something that was lacking in the first Kingdom Hearts.
Tyrone
This book follows that same storyline as the video game, which makes it that much more exciting. The main character of this manga is Roxas. He is actually the nobody of the hero Sora. The story takes place in a digital world where everthing seems normal enough. Roxas wants to make the last of his summer vacation special, but it seems like someone has other plans in mind.
Ruben Ortiz
This story is much like the video game. I liked the story a little better then the video game though, mainly because it show more of the dreams Roxas. Also the dream parts aren't as confusing as they are in the game. Overall this storyline was great because it keeps you excited to turn the next page. The story doesn't have a single boring part in it.
George
Nov 03, 2008 George rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to George by: no one
While Sora is asleep, his Nobody Roxas is existing in a virtual world with virtual people and objects, without knowing it, with fabricated memories. The level of complexity in these events and characters, and the way they interact is truly fantastic. It might take a read-through of this book and the games to really understand it, however.
Momiji
This is the 3Kingdom Hearts series if you haven't read the 1st or 2nd series then your lost of whats going on with the story unless you played and beat the games at least from the Ps2 especially when in this story we have a new main character in the story yet you wonder what happend with sora? and those guys in black return back once again
Janice
The game is soooo fun! That's when I started to read this manga..... Especially Kingdom Hearts 2 because it's one of the saddest games I've ever played.... So i just randomly skipped Kingdom Hearts manga to Kingdom Hearts 2. I actually like the manga better for the humor, but I still love playings games like Kingdom Hearts 2...
Brittany
I've read some of the books, played most of the games, and memorized all the epic events and jaw dropping moments!! I love the KH series, both book and game, because not only are my favorite Disney childhood characters in this series, but it has violence and fighting and so much japanese-ness in the books and games!
Cornelius Library Teens
***** JM

After Chain of Memories this is where it picks up. Sora is still regaining his memories while his nobody Roxas is trying to figure out who he is and where eh came from. For those who played the game, or read the manga, I recommend reading this volume.
Latisha Jones
I'm loving these so far, though they are a tad bit sparse and only people who have played the games fully understand everything and can keep up with the sudden changes. All in all, they have been really good to read and they work as a great recap of the series.
Steffeny Vorn
Oct 17, 2007 Steffeny Vorn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kingdom Hearts fans
Shelves: manga
this book is really fun and a good story based on the original video game, and it's based mostly on the cutscenes and important battles. i get to see things i didn't see when playing the game. like small details. and it goes more into the head of Roxas.
Tasia
It's a bit cutesy. Would have been cool if they'd made the art style a bit sharper and more... well, bad-ass, but hey. I love the story and the characters, so it was cool to see that all translated into manga form.
Hriju
Which part is real and which part is a dream? Roxas can't figure it out. And why does a girl say that Roxas shouldn't exist? And who are those mysterious people? It is an interesting, mysterious book.
Mario Daniel
At first when I read it I thought it was going to be intense and funny but it kind of was funny and exciting to read and take my time on it & learn what's happening in the story
Roxas vs. Sora 6 12 Sep 12, 2014 08:11AM
  • Kingdom Hearts Official Strategy Guide
  • Kingdom Hearts II: Official Strategy Guide
  • .hack// Legend of the Twilight, Vol. 2
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 7 (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE #7)
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 07
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Part 2 (Zelda, #2)
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 2 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #2)
Shiro Amano (天野 シロ, born January 4, 1976) is a Japanese manga artist who has worked on several projects, including his adaptation on the popular Kingdom Hearts series.
More about Shiro Amano...

Kingdom Hearts II (8 books)
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 2
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 3
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 4
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 5
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 1
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 2
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 3
Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 1 (Kingdom Hearts, #1) Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 2 (Kingdom Hearts, #2) Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 3 (Kingdom Hearts, #3) Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Vol. 1 Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 4 (Kingdom Hearts, #4)