Start by marking “Kingdom Hearts II, Deel 1” as Want to Read:
Kingdom Hearts II, Deel 1

Kingdom Hearts II, Deel 1 (Kingdom Hearts II #1)

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,742 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Based on the mega-popular video game! In the quiet little hamlet of Twilight Town, there lives a boy named Roxas. He and his friends Hayner, Pence and Olette are trying to enjoy their final days of summer vacation, when strange things begin to happen. First the group is falsely accused of stealing photos from all over town. Then they are attacked by bizarre, white creature ...more
Published 2007 by Sanoma Uitgevers B.V. (first published December 22nd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom Hearts II, Deel 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom Hearts II, Deel 1

Holly Letson
Feb 11, 2015 Holly Letson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas
A wonderful beginning to the 3rd series of KH mangas.
Kairi
Oct 09, 2009 Kairi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just love KH stuff.
Jace
It has a great adaptation to the start of the game, truly enjoyed it!
Christina
Strange things have been happening in the quiet little town called Twilight. Someone has been stealing photos from all over town, bizarre white and lanky creatures have attacked people, and Roxas, a young boy just as regular and normal as the next guy, has been having strange dreams of another boy whom he sees his dreams through. The strangest of the occurrences is that it all somehow ties back to Roxas and his merry group of friends...

Well, this was certainly a pleasant addition to the Kingdom
Shannon
Feb 22, 2015 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The art is beautiful and naturally, the story is pretty fantastic. I wouldn't try and read these without having played the game first, though.
Anna
Jan 08, 2015 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I read this book because this was the only book available to me at the time, but that's a long story.
I'm aware that there's a first series which I haven't read, and it's based off of a video game I haven't played, I believe.
You can probably assume that I was thoroughly confused, but I also thought that the art was a bit lacking at times as well. The shortness of the chapters and lack of dialogue annoyed me a bit. It took less than thirty minutes for me to get through the whole thing. So 2 stars
D
Sep 30, 2010 D rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disney
Jenna
Read up to chapter 63, about volume 6.

Enjoyed this series more than the first or CoA, but it might be as I haven't played KHII so it didn't feel as repetitious to me (or that I didn't have anything to compare it to). And I wonder if it's just me....bur I prefer Roxas to Sora.
Kareem
Jan 28, 2009 Kareem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roxas and his friends face big problem, first of all he has a slit personaitly, and his other side is sora, and sora created roxas by becoming a heartless, and a heartless is a monster that has no heart.
I can connect this to the outsiders because darry has a slit personaitly because sometimes he was mad and sometimes he is nice. I give this book 5 stars because it shows action and friendship, this book is for people who like action and art, because it is a comic book
I give this book 5 stars
Selena
Maybe it's because I didn't like KH2 as much as KH1 *is shot by KH2 fans* but this one wasn't as good as the original. Everything's the same as it was in the first set of KH manga, just... it's KH2, and has the same pitfalls that I saw in the first one (like Roxas's story being rushed, being jumpy, etc).

I liked how they did the flashbacks though in this one. They only spent a page on them each time as a really nifty collage-type thing, though I feel like they were focused on too much (especially
Kelee Thomas
Feb 23, 2016 Kelee Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I personally think that this book was good to readers that like mangas and fiction because i played the game of this and i read the book and all around it was good i would pefer that kids in 6 -12 grade would read this.
Bayley
My least favorite thing about these Kingdom Hearts mangas are that they very vague in their storytelling; that is, it is sometimes impossible to follow along with what is going on because nothing is explained. Kingdom Hearts II better explains itself than the previous installment, Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memory, but I still found myself scratching my head every now and again because I was so confused at what was going on. Still, I think for someone who has played the game before--I have not pl ...more
Shyann
Sep 18, 2015 Shyann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I saw this at a bookstore at school and read it, I loved it. Hopefully I can get the rest of them so I can read the story in order.
Ilham El
It's a manga so yeah less than a day. Bikin nostalgia jaman jaman main kingdom hearts di PS 2 taeeee
Dante' Slaton
Mar 05, 2013 Dante' Slaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In a quiet town called Twilight Town, a young boy named Roxas spends his last few days of summer with his friends. But recently he's been dreaming about another boy who's somehow smiliar to him named, Sora. In his dreams Sora went to places he didn't know about and he carried a weapon called the Keyblade, a key shape blade that can only these dark creature called, the Heartless. Roxas didn't understand actually what his dream connect to, but when werid things started to happen and a strange whit ...more
Naomi
Jul 02, 2015 Naomi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-manga
I was hoping for content that wasn't a direct translation of the game.
Sherilyn Renee
Mar 27, 2015 Sherilyn Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Roxas, you were never supposed to exist." Oh man, the feels.
Sammy C
Feb 02, 2016 Sammy C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it is very good and very funny
Derek
Nov 08, 2015 Derek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing
Just...Amazing
Victoria villagomez
It's a good book. I love the way they made Diz and Riku.
Melissa
May 08, 2016 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Ah, nostalgia.
Pearl
May 02, 2013 Pearl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's nothing compared to the game at all. I'm sure most of you have played the game but if you have not PLAY THE GAME FIRST! This manga just I guess brings more to the characters but it never gave the same emotional pull as it does when I play the game.But of course I will love most Kingdom Hearts Franchise in any shape or form. But I will ensure that you will hate this if you're those kinds of fans that are die-hard otakus who will always root for the original story
Michelle
Nov 15, 2007 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Disney
Shelves: manga
I love the game. I always watched my sis play it. When she found out that there was a manga. She wanted it. She got this manga by mistake. She wanted Kingdom Hearts vol. 1. But she read it anyways. I read it after she did. I hope she doesn't read this... I got our grandma to get her Kingdom Hearts vol. 1-4 and our mom go Kingdom Hearts:Cain of mimories all volumes for Christmas. We have to wait for the vol. of this one. I love Sora and Roxas!!!!!
Harrisondiesl
Mar 16, 2009 Harrisondiesl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kingdom Hearts is the epic story of a young boy named Roxas, as he and his friends enjoy their last week of summer vacation. But all of a sudden, strange thing start happenning, such as attacks by strange white creatures, and dreams of a boy named Sora. As Orginazation X111 and the nobodies close in, Roxas must learn the truth about himself, with the help of the witch Namine and the mysterious figure ???. This book is really good. Read it.
Flavio Teimouri
Oct 23, 2013 Flavio Teimouri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roxas is enjoying his last days of summer and weird things start to occur when Sora is being restored to normal, after the events in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. The main concept of the book is just the same as the Video Game's very long introduction. I found Hayner's character to be more hysterical and funnier than he is in the game, and the pictures in this Manga comic were well drawn. I wonder what the 2nd Book will be like.......
Fizzgig76
Introduces a boy named Roxas and his friends. Roxas begins having dreams of Sora and reality begins to blend with dreams when the Nobodies, Organization XIII, and DiZ begin to appear to Roxas. Rather confusing...I've played the game, read the other graphic novels, and there are still some points where I don't entirely get what is going on. At least the series now has a plot, something that was lacking in the first Kingdom Hearts.
Tyrone
Jan 05, 2009 Tyrone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This book follows that same storyline as the video game, which makes it that much more exciting. The main character of this manga is Roxas. He is actually the nobody of the hero Sora. The story takes place in a digital world where everthing seems normal enough. Roxas wants to make the last of his summer vacation special, but it seems like someone has other plans in mind.
Moo
Feb 04, 2016 Moo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Flew through it for a while, then never got back to it with only a third left.
Ruben Ortiz
Jun 29, 2011 Ruben Ortiz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is much like the video game. I liked the story a little better then the video game though, mainly because it show more of the dreams Roxas. Also the dream parts aren't as confusing as they are in the game. Overall this storyline was great because it keeps you excited to turn the next page. The story doesn't have a single boring part in it.
George
Nov 03, 2008 George rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to George by: no one
While Sora is asleep, his Nobody Roxas is existing in a virtual world with virtual people and objects, without knowing it, with fabricated memories. The level of complexity in these events and characters, and the way they interact is truly fantastic. It might take a read-through of this book and the games to really understand it, however.
Roxas vs. Sora 6 13 Sep 12, 2014 08:11AM
  • Kingdom Hearts II: Official Strategy Guide
  • Kingdom Hearts Official Strategy Guide
  • .hack// Legend of the Twilight, Vol. 2
  • Duklyon: Clamp School Defenders, Vol. 01
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 07
  • The Record of a Fallen Vampire, Volume 1
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 2 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #2)
  • Cantarella Vol. 1
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 03 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3)
  • Kilala Princess, Vol. 01
  • Prétear, Vol. 2 (Prétear, #2)
  • Young Miss Holmes, Casebook 1-2
Shiro Amano (天野 シロ, born January 4, 1976) is a Japanese manga artist who has worked on several projects, including his adaptation on the popular Kingdom Hearts series.
More about Shiro Amano...

Kingdom Hearts II (8 books)
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 2