Start by marking “Ripley's Believe It or Not!” as Want to Read:
Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Ripley's Believe It or Not!

There are hundreds of incredible facts and drawings gathered from the farthest reaches of the world to astound and surprise you!
Mass Market Paperback, Anniversary Edition, 192 pages
Published June 1975 by Pocket Books (first published 1929)

To ask other readers questions about Ripley's Believe It or Not!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ripley's Believe It or Not!

John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 John Yelverton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must have for fans of useless trivia, and you really will not believe what's on every page.
Abbie
Trivia! Lots of weird and entertaining facts I will probably never use in real life. But I like it.
Gary
Jul 12, 2007 Gary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 13-year-old boys on long car vacations

There was a whole series of Ripley's Believe It Or Not books that I read back in the 70's. They were a big part of my pre-teen and early teen formative years. The paper was flimsy pulp and the hand-drawn B&W cartoons detailing each factoid filled the pages. Here's an example of a classic page: http://www.ripleys.com/core/answers/w...
Ashlyn Nelson
Mar 14, 2017 Ashlyn Nelson is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It telling me what happen in the world
Dnobl260
Feb 27, 2017 Dnobl260 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really great. I think that everyone should read it. I can not wait for the next book. I would give this book 10 out of 10 stars.
Jack Tyler
Apr 09, 2014 Jack Tyler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought I'd have a little fun today. I have on my shelf the 53rd edition of the original Ripley's Believe it or Not. The 53rd printing was released in August of 1943, and the first statement found when you open the cover is "In order to cooperate with the government's war effort, this book has been made in strict conformity with WPB regulations restricting the use of certain materials. For victory, buy United States War Bonds and Stamps." The book belonged to my great-grandmother.

The book was re
Julia Brumfield
Jul 24, 2015 Julia Brumfield rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book, facts-trivia
To be honest I think this is the first Ripley's book that I enjoyed just for the pure age and the historical fact of that alone. The version I had was from February 1943 while it also included as part that the book was published due to the war efforts that was taking place at the time thus it is a piece of history. Furthermore I also enjoyed the fact that Ripley was so confident of himself and being able to prove it that he would include before the book started his address so that way he could ...more
John
Feb 10, 2009 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
As a kid I always enjoyed reading Ripley's Believe It Or Not cartoons. When I saw this book at the library last week nostalgia kicked in and I checked it out.

It was an interesting read, although since this is an exact reprinting of the first Believe It Or Not book, published in 1929, some of the content was quite dated (for example: the fact that a telegram was sent around the world in 8 minutes is no longer amazing). At the same time, I have come across at least a few of the facts printed in th
Bruce Blanchard
Jul 20, 2015 Bruce Blanchard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melts Away the Years

It took the kids of the generation of Robert Ripley to appreciate what he, a kid at heart himself, was releasing in the newspapers and later on any media catching his brand of attraction and curious. Think it meant to have your wide-eyed view of the world catching fire and making a living at it. For the kids living on the simple level, Ripley meant bragging rights when you stumped your friends. Mothers merely shook their heads in bewilderment. Through Ripley, the world became
Terry Marzell
Ripley's Believe It or Not. Orlando, Florida: Ripley Publishing. 2004. Target Audience: Ages 14-17. Reading Level: 6.6. An eclectic assortment of the amazing, the unusual, and the gross, including fantastic animals, purported alien encounters, and exotic human bodies, living and dead. Short, one-paragraph narratives and sidebars that are easy to read, accompanied by tons of full-color or black-and-white photographs arranged on 247 visually-appealing oversized pages. Eye-catching holograph on fro ...more
María Paz Greene
ME ENCANTAN LOS LIBROS DE CURIOSIDADES, en especial cuando son documentados, en especial cuando son reales.

Mi crítica es que, hoy en día, pasa que algunos se van al extremo solo para aparecer aquí o en los Record Guiness, pero esta edición tan vieja (¡y además pionera!) no es el caso. Además, el otro día leí en el diario que ya no estaban haciendo categorías de cosas que afectaran la salud o las buenas costumbres, jaja.

Joff!
Oct 13, 2015 Joff! rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If there’s such a thing as a ‘coffee table book’ for a classroom then this is probably it. The Ripley’s books are full of mind-blowing facts, feats and photos from around the world. It’s a great book for getting children interested in other countries and cultures, nature and also science. However, I would be inclined to keep it for KS2 children only as I personally think some of the photographs might be a bit scary/uncomfortable for younger children.
Jean Oram
Mar 14, 2012 Jean Oram rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, childrens
This is a great book for boys. This will be freaked out, amazed, intrigued, grossed out, and all those things that appeal to boys. (Ages 7-99 pretty much covers it.)

Great photos, lots of colour. Lots of interesting facts and unbelieveable things. Boys cant put it down--great way to get boys to read. Highly recommend all of their books when it comes to boys.
Claire
Apr 20, 2012 Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you seen something in your life that scares you for life? Well in Ripley's Believe It or Not, you will see many of them. I rated this 5 stars because even though some of the pictures scare you, they mean something to me. But I rated it 5 stars because I thought that it shows what happens in real life. To read this, you need to be brave to believe what you see in the book.
Erik Graff
Apr 07, 2010 Erik Graff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ripley collectors
Recommended to Erik by: Lajla Stousland
Shelves: reference
This old paperback sat around grandmother's cottage in Michigan for years. It was, I believe, the umpteenth printing of the first book- length collection of Robert Ripley's cartoon columns and was just recently reprinted yet again. Naturally, as a little kid, I found it fascinating.
Yasmine Dero
Feb 05, 2014 Yasmine Dero rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, trivia
I enjoyd reading this book with all his wonderful, funny and rare facts. However it's something you read once , not for every day of course. But i enjoyed it and learned a few facts that i will remember :)
Maggie
Dec 05, 2010 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a really interesting book because it has pictures and stories about crazy things people have done. I really want to go to Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum and see some of these exhibits and more exhibits too!
Anonymous
Great book for kids and adults who've got nothing else useful to do.
Alex T
Jun 05, 2012 Alex T rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
finding new things that you might not of ever known about is what will make you wonder about things...
Herdi Naufal
Jun 26, 2012 Herdi Naufal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good and unique book, I read the Indonesian editions. It's contain many unique facts, but a rather bit outdated.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
This book tells you the most amazing stuff. J. S.
Siddhant Shrivastava
I grew up reading various "Ripley's" books. Amusing reads, every single time.
Kevin Gallan
Sep 23, 2009 Kevin Gallan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: non-fiction, own
very interesting book
Mauri
Man, the first section was basically every conspiracy theory ever known minus most of the tasteless ones. When the internet was analog...
Meg
Dec 23, 2013 Meg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cool, nasty, interesting facts that I enjoy reading sometimes.
Sydney
Oct 16, 2014 Sydney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was funny and gross! My favourite part was when the women hade stuff on her tongue. Gret for a book to look at when down.and the pictures are so reel. It's the truth you believe it or not.
Persephone
Jun 26, 2011 Persephone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The actual version that I read was the 2007 special edition, but no matter how you cut it these books are fun.
Mate
Mate rated it liked it
May 21, 2014
michelle r vidaurri
michelle r vidaurri rated it liked it
May 08, 2016
Τιαμονετ~
Τιαμονετ~ rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Amazing Book of Useless Information: More Things You Didn't Need to Know But Are About to Find Out
  • Strange Stories, Amazing Facts
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Tunes into TV
  • A History of English Food
  • Humorous Stories and Sketches
  • The Big Cats and Their Fossil Relatives: An Illustrated Guide to Their Evolution and Natural History
  • Development Across the Life Span
  • Superstition: Belief in the Age of Science
  • Moondog, The Viking of 6th Avenue: The Authorized Biography
  • The Story of English: How the English Language Conquered the World
  • Cheiro's Palmistry for All: The Classic of Palmistry: A Practical Work on the Study of the Lines of the Hand
  • Guinness World Records 2016
  • Put What Where? Over 2,000 Years of Bizarre Sex Advice
  • Weird U.S.: Your Travel Guide to America's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets (Weird Travel Guides)
  • Do's and Taboos Around the World
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Philosophy
  • Witchcraft in the Middle Ages
  • The Prince: Faith, Abuse and George Pell (Quarterly Essay #51)

“办理法国文凭|法国毕业证Q微744043126法国各大学毕业证书文凭成绩单+真实学历认证