Start by marking “Underworld: Evolution (Underworld, #3)” as Want to Read:
Underworld: Evolution (Underworld, #3)

Underworld: Evolution (Underworld #3)

THE WAR IS OVER.

BUT THE TRUE HORROR HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN....

For more than six hundred years, Selene was a Death Dealer, a vampire warrior dedicated to the destruction of her people's savage enemies: the werewolves. But then she learned the shocking truth behind the ancient conflict and turned against her undead masters.

For all of his mortal life, Michael was an ordinary hum

Mass Market Paperback, 275 pages
Published December 27th 2005 by Pocket Star Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Underworld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Underworld

Mily Lou
This book was incredible! Like most of the the Underworld books I couldn't stop reading. This book is ten times better than the first book. Love Selene And Michael. I can't wait to read more of Greg's books. I hope he publishes more books than just 4 book.

I like to know what relationship trouble Selene and Michael will have. You tend to worry more about there survival than there love for one another. Even if you want to read more love between them, it all erases from ur memory when you read tha
Brittany
Mar 23, 2008 Brittany rated it it was amazing
This book shows some rocking girl power! It shows independence, and strength. Selene has power, she is tough, strong, independent, smart, logical, and all around awesome! *spoilers* She mostly shows her tough attitude, when Marcus is following them, and she takes out the police officers, and they are racing to find shelter, before the sun rises *end spoiler* This book, shows romance can come at the strangest, most unpredictable times, but can still seem sweet and innocent.
Melanie
Sep 24, 2009 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Selene has devoted her intire immortal existence to the extermination of the Lycans (werewolves). However when she discovers that everyhting that she thought to be true was a lie and that Victor, the "eldest" vampire of the covin had actually murdered her mortal family and balmed the lycans, the world she once knew is turned upside down.
Micheal never knew that there where such things as Vampires and werewolves until he is caught in the middle of the decade long war. He is turned into a lycan by,
Dylan
Mar 06, 2009 Dylan rated it really liked it
This, the third book in the triology, brings the Underworld story to a conclusion. It's well written, the pacing is good throughout, and thankfully the characters are given more life here than in the movie. While I like the Underworld movies, and have read all three books, I'd have to plump for the books as being the better option. One reason for that is what I've stated previously, in that the book gives the characters more life--you get inside their heads and feel their emotions, something you ...more
Michelle
May 11, 2010 Michelle rated it did not like it
I enjoyed the movie but this book adaption of it is terrible.

I bought this book as an impulse buy at an airport minutes before my flight was to depart. Surrounded by hacking coughs, screaming babies, and Sky Mall catalogs, I did my best to get into this novel. I failed.

I'm unsure if my dislike of this book stems from the author's simplistic writing style or the way he conveys the characters inner thoughts and emotions. Maybe I should just be thankful his brevity enabled me to read the book in
Cara
Amazing as predicted!!! Selene is fantastic as is Michael!!
I love reading these books because I find extra tidbits of information that I missed in the movie. For example: Marcus is a hybrid. I merely assumed he looked like that (batty) because he was the first vampire. It didn't click that Singe made Marcus a hybrid, for me, I thought just the human strand carried the gene. Also, if Marcus turned into a hybrid, why didn't William also change all those centuries ago when he consumed I innumerabl
William Graney
Aug 19, 2008 William Graney rated it liked it
This is about as good as a book about a movie can be. With the Underworld series I think this is the first time I've read books associated with movies that are written after the movies.
I really like the Underworld movies and I'm looking forward to the new one coming out in 1/09 even if Selene is not in it. Apparently there is another Underworld book that I haven't read yet that is not associated with either of the first two movies or the one coming out, it's a seperate story. I'll get around to
Phe
3.5 Stars - Underworld: Evolution is an urban fantasy by Greg Cox and the official novelization of the movie by the same name featuring Kate Beckinsale, Scott Speedman, Tony Curran and Bill Nighy. Directed by Len Wiseman. Screenplay by Danny McBride. Story by Len Wiseman and Danny McBride. Based on characters created by Kevin Grevioux, Len Wiseman and Danny McBride.
Sadneya
Nov 11, 2015 Sadneya rated it really liked it
4/5 stars.

I am an Underworld Fan through and through and even though I found the 2nd movie lacking I still picked up the novel. Did not regret the decision. The 2nd book and movie both were lacking compared to the first but thats the case every time. Other than that the book was fast paced and I flew through it.
Jonathan Davison
Apr 09, 2008 Jonathan Davison rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Isobel Healy and her partner, Katherine
Underworld Evolution follows Seleen and Michael looking for the truth been Victor's lies. The fight werewolves and vampires, just to stay alive. Two Vampire leaders are dead.
The face Marcus Corvinus and his werewolf brother, William.
Runningrabbit
I'm not going to continue with these. Too much background history and not enough plot. For me, this was just a big bore.
Yogesh
Apr 04, 2009 Yogesh rated it really liked it
all three/four books in these series were not related....the story was ok but i kept getting confused...AND i liked the movie a lot better then the book!!!
Xochitl
Jun 02, 2008 Xochitl rated it it was amazing
also a cool book, and cool movie
Aug 13, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: yes-i-own
good book
bluetyson
isbn,original
Apr 16, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
loved it!! hoping they make one for Underworld Awakening that came out earlier this year!
Jennifer Wardrip
My husband enjoyed it, and thought it was a pretty good follow-up to both the book and movie version of Underworld.
Brittany Johnson
Sep 17, 2012 Brittany Johnson rated it it was amazing
OWN IT! COOL AWESOME!
Jo Smith
Jo Smith rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Andee' Ott
Andee' Ott rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2013
2readmore
2readmore rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2013
Jeffrey Gonyea
Jeffrey Gonyea rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2013
Annemarien Faraminan
Annemarien Faraminan rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2011
Luqi
Luqi rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Gregory
Gregory rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2012
Danaca
Danaca rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2008
Mad Durak
Mad Durak rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Carrie Dettmer
Carrie Dettmer rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2009
Leda
Leda rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Selene 1 10 Mar 23, 2008 04:21PM
  • Resident Evil: Extinction
  • Like Part of the Family
  • Downside Up (Downsiders, #2)
  • Night Time: Two Novels
  • The Mummy Returns
  • X-Men 2
  • Driven (Otherworld Stories, #13.6)
  • Vampire For Hire: The Short Stories
  • It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown
  • Van Helsing
  • Necromancer (Necromancer, #0.5)
  • Krimson
  • Tamed
  • The Vacant Throne (Throne of Amenkor, #3)
  • Ever After: A Cinderella Story
  • Prowlers (Prowlers, #1)
  • 30 Days of Night: Official Novelization of The Film
  • Here Be Monsters: An Anthology of Monster Tales

Underworld (4 books)
  • Underworld (Underworld, #1)
  • Underworld: Blood Enemy (Underworld, #2)
  • Underworld: Rise of the Lycans