Start by marking “Anastasia Krupnik: Petaka di Dua Pesta” as Want to Read:
Anastasia Krupnik: Petaka di Dua Pesta

Anastasia Krupnik: Petaka di Dua Pesta (Anastasia Krupnik #3)

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  2,631 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
Tak punya teman, tak punya uang. Libur sekolah masih panjang. Apa yang mesti kamu lakukan? Anastasia menemukan pemecahan sempurna untuk masalah ini: mencari kerja. Tapi, pekerjaan apa yang cocok untuk anak usia dua belas tahun yang belum berpengalaman? Dan, petaka apa yang menimpanya dalam dua pesta di tempat kerjanya?

Inilah kisah seru Anastasia yang ketiga, yang bakal bik
196 pages
Published 1982 by MLC Lumos

To ask other readers questions about Anastasia Krupnik, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anastasia Krupnik

Alexis
May 23, 2017 Alexis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I loved this book when I was a kid, and I just finished reading my childhood copy. It was written in 1982, and still holds up well. The writing is excellent and the story is about seeing people as who they are, without having prejudices about them. It's really quite a funny story, and I was able to pick out a lot of cultural references as an adult, that I wouldn't have picked out when I was a child.

I'm also just glad to finish a book. I'm been feeling unwell for a while, and the fact that I did
Jenne
Jun 17, 2011 Jenne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jf
I forgot how funny this was!
Liz
Jan 15, 2017 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Anastasia has some spunk! This story has her getting a job, her dream versus her reality. Category: juvie realistic fiction.

This series is a delightful change from my usual dystopian/teen dysfunctional angst books that I have been reading. There are some good lessons thrown throughout the series. For this book, I especially liked how Anastasia dealt with first impressions, misconceptions, and taking responsibility.
Endah
Oct 17, 2008 Endah rated it really liked it
Aku suka banget serial Anastasia Krupnik ini. Gaya bertutur Lois Lowry serta tema cerita yang realis benar-benar sesuai dengan selera bacaanku. Ya, ini memang buku cerita remaja, tetapi kurasa ini sebuah buku yang keren yang akan membuatku ketagihan membacanya. Buktinya aku terus mengikutinya sampai judul ketiga terjemahan Indonesianya. Seluruhnya, serial ini terdiri dari 9 judul. Aku sih berharap betul semua judul tersebut diterbitkan di sini.

Keluarga Krupnik, menurutku, adalah model keluarga m
Yolanda Chapa
This is was a charming story.
"Anastasia at your service" is about a young girl who is so bored that she announces herself on the paper to be a "companion", as other young girls in old movies. It had common teen problems (not the typically commercial ones, where you want to be attractive to a guy or be popular), light humor and easy reading.
Oh!, and her family is just great! Her genius two year old brother, their loving and funny parents... I would like to have dinner with them some day.
Heather
Rahmadiyanti
Libur sekolah yang masih panjang. Uang saku yang pas-pasan (bahkan kurang). Bosan melanda. Apa yang harus Anastasia lakukan? Gadis unik dan cerdik anak Pak Krupnik ini punya ide menarik untuk menambah uang sakunya: menjadi pendamping. Pendamping? Iya, maunya sih Anastasia menjadi pendamping wanita kaya berusia lanjut. Di mana tugasnya hanya membacakan buku, menyediakan teh, menemani berjalan-jalan….

Saat seorang wanita tua kaya raya bernama Ferris Bellingham merespon iklan yang Anastasia sebarkan
Katie Fitzgerald
This review also appears on my blog, Read-at-Home Mom.

Anastasia has settled into suburban life, but she really wishes she had a job. Specifically, she wants to work as a Lady’s Companion to a rich old lady, a position she imagines would be quite glamorous and suited to her abilities. When she puts out an ad, Anastasia is in fact hired by a rich grandmother, but it turns out that Mrs. Bellingham just wants her to work as a maid. Worse, Mrs. Bellingham has a granddaughter, Daphne, who is Anastasia
Matti Karjalainen
Lois Lowryn "Anastasia palveluksessanne" (Otava, 1989) on humoristis-realistisen tyttökirjasarjan kolmas osa. Anastasia toteaa olevansa köyhä, ja päättää sen vuoksi hankkia itselleen työpaikan seuraneitinä. Ikävä kyllä duuni ei ole ihan sitä mitä hän on toivonut.

Kuten sarjan aikaisemmissakin osissa, pidin tässäkin kovasti Krupnikin boheemin perheen arjen ja keskinäisen sanailun kuvaamisesta.

Isä mietti hetken. "Niin, minä kuuntelen ja tarkkailen ihmisiä. Sitten kirjoitan muistiin mitä olen nähnyt
Julie Decker
Apr 22, 2014 Julie Decker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anastasia is a precocious and quirky twelve-year-old, and this summer, she's lonely and bored. To make some money and avoid keeling over from lack of entertainment, she decides to fulfill one of her fantasies and offer her companionship to an old woman who needs a helper. But her visions of serving tea and becoming a trusted assistant are dashed when the person who actually hires her just turns her into kitchen help, and what's worse is that the woman's granddaughter is her own age and she's stu ...more
Sri
Sep 28, 2015 Sri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
** spoiler alert **

Anastasia kembali bersikap lebay karena hidupnya terasa membosankan dan mengenaskan. Bosan karena sobatnya pergi. Mengenaskan karena kemiskinan (uang saku minim, ayah ibunya sedang bangkrut karena kepindahan mereka). Setelah dibuatkan daftar oleh ayahnya mengenai hal itu, akhirnya ayahnya memutuskan solusi dari masalah itu adalah: bekerja.

Anastasia lalu mencari pekerjaan sebagai companion bagi ibu-ibu tua yang kaya raya. Bahagia akhirnya menemukan seorang client yang sesuai k
Swankivy
Sep 01, 2008 Swankivy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, the old Anastasia books. I missed some of them when I was reading these Lois Lowry favorites as a kid, so I wanted to go back and read them. This was a cute one from when Anastasia was twelve. It's mostly about how she expected to get hired as an old woman's companion and get paid tons of money just to keep her company, but getting disappointed when she's hired for babysitting wages and put to work in the kitchen. I like her funny little fantasies, and how she makes so many of her problems w ...more
Dana
Nov 05, 2015 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My daughter was a tad young for this. Vocabulary was fine, only had to explain a couple words, but on the content side there was plenty that could have waited a couple of years. I should have read a review before diving in. Not a big deal, turned it into a teachable moment, just for parents of 12 & under, be aware of mentions of drunks and drug dealers, references to low-income people as 'the great unwashed', the protagonist 'borrowing' a bra from her mother and stuffing it, a quick explanat ...more
Jen
Mar 29, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember LOVING this book as a middle schooler in the 80s, and googled it to see if I'd still like it as a 40 something. I gasped when I saw that Lois Lowry wrote it, and immediately purchased it to re-read.

And it made me love not just Lowry even more, but my young self for loving this book. Page one has our heroine Anastasia so bored/depressed that she's re-enacting death scenes from literature (Romeo and Juliet, Little Women, Charlotte's Web) - sweet! It's also the first time a joke in a boo
george
Anastasia at Your Service picks up right where the last one left off. The summer is endlessly boring now that her only friend has gone off to camp. And Anastasia's poverty-stricken. She decides that she will become a Lady's Companion to a rich old lady. She gets a job immediately, but there's a mix-up--she's working as a *maid*!!! And her new employer has a granddaughter Anastasia's age; so now a possilbe friend will only know her as a lowly maid. Anastasia's problems are never-ending, it seems. ...more
Jenny Perron
Jul 17, 2013 Jenny Perron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, for-kiddos
I was laughing on the very first page. A fan of the Giver series, I decided to read some of Lois Lowry’s other works. I thought it was pretty good. I found the beginning and end of the book a lot more enjoyable than the middle.

I would recommend this to tweeny girls looking for a good laugh, especially those who are a little more into reading, as I felt that some of the allusions, content, and diction were a bit more advanced.

Drugs/Alcohol: Smoking, mention of drugs, adults drinking.
Language: No.
Jin
Anatasia wanted to go to camp with her best friend during the summer. But she couldn't and she found out that there was job for her that would keep her busy for the summer. She didn't know that the job was being a maid! She did something wrong and that she has to pay for it. Will she have the bad luck for the rest of the summer? Read it and find out!

The book reminded me of i have kind of have a job in a summer and that i kind of got paid. But, i mostly spent my summers in school. so i hope this
Michelle
Jun 30, 2010 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Anastasia, the situations you get in are so crazy. In this book, Anastasia decides to make money by becoming a Lady's Companion, which yeah, sounds pretty good to me, but she ends up just being a maid. With her new friend Daphne, she nearly completely wrecks her employer's fancy party in only a way that a 12-year-old overly imaginative child can. Again, Lowry hits all the right notes--funny, sweet, and even one part so sad that I nearly cried (everything turned out okay, though, no worries).
Zack
May 29, 2012 Zack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012

July 22nd
H——————, N.C.

Dear Ms. Lowry,

I simply can't get over how consistently funny and good your Anastasia series is. The "bockle" woes and the rebellious minister's kid were great, but I especially liked the trip to the North End and the exploration of the father's working-class roots. Thanks for these books, which continue to deliver laugh-out-loud moments even for this grown-up reader.

Yours in awe,

~ Zack
Carol Hardesty
This book has a lot of memorable characters (like the rebellious chick Anastasia ends up befriending) and parts (like when Anastasia learns about her Czech roots). It's also very relatable but still manages to entertain, like the best realistic fiction should. I think Lois Lowry deserves to be alongside Beverly Cleary, Paula Danzinger, and Judy Blume as one of the first-rate authors of children's realistic fiction.
Rose
Dec 03, 2015 Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, re-read
It was lovely to discover that I still love Anastasia Krupnik as much as I did twenty years ago. (Added bonus: being older, I could appreciate just how artful Lowry is at her craft -- the way the two plotlines ultimately dovetailed was BEAUTIFUL.)

I picked these up as comfort reads and I'm looking forward to rereading the rest of the series. Lovely stuff!

THINGS I REMEMBERED:

- Daphne and her black-walled bedroom

- The "bocle"

- (view spoiler)
Marna
Apr 10, 2016 Marna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only Anastasia book I hadn't read yet. Except for the one where she accidentally mails poo. I think I might skip that one. This was okay but not as funny as Anastasia Ask Your Analyst or Anastasia On Her Own. Too many serious things happen and the message is a bit heavy handed. Not that I don't read message books but I guess I just got used to these being a bit more lighthearted. (If I want something with a moral or lesson, I'll read one of the Alice books.)
Tamia Webb
Jun 24, 2012 Tamia Webb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this book because she has her ups and down in this book but now it is summer time and she is SO bored she has nothing to do so she doesnt have no friends to play with because her friend has to go to camp.Anastasia needs something to do so she ask old bellingham to do ladys companion she said yes.Anastasia want to go camping with her best friend but she couldnt so she just founded a job for herself.
Melissa Namba
anastasia books are always fun. I'm glad she is a typical teenager who goes back and forth about how she feels about her family. Sam is a lot of fun. there is, unfortunately, ab overt lesson learned about not judging people, especially adults, but it was cute nonetheless. anastasia makes a new friend of daphne.
Jessica
May 29, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite of the series, in which she applies to be a companion to a rich old lady, and ends up scrubbing the silver. When she tries to "age" herself, to avoid running into her employer's granddaughter (the cool new girl at her school) by stuffing a DD-cup bra and putting flour in her hair, I laugh until I cry every time!
Emily
Feb 24, 2011 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anastasia is back with another hilarious caper. This time she decides to get a job as a "companion to a wealthy, elderly woman." Instead, she is hired as a maid. Hi-jinks ensue.
Anastasia continues to be a very realistic character, surrounded by wacky secondary characters, getting into odd situations, but learning lessons very common to pre-teens. Recommended. (
Sasha
This girl is my spirit animal, as the kids say. And it's fun to come back to this as a grown-up, since I'm now recognizing the references to Fellini and understand what a freaking debacle is. Awesome fun and a trip down memory lane.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

"Twelve-year-old Anastasia has a series of disastrous experiences when, expecting to get a job as a lady's companion, she is hired instead to be a maid." (From Amazon)

I enjoyed this series as a kid along with Judy Blume and Paula Danziger.
Jose Cruz
Jun 21, 2012 Jose Cruz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LIKE THE WAY SHE MADE A BETT AND STUCK TO IT.NEVER DENYING THAT SHE EVEN MADE THE BET THAT WAS HONORABLE. SHE IS GROWING MORE MATURE WITH EVERY NEW MOVE SHE MAKES TO MAKE EVERYTHING RIGHT AGAIN !!!!!
Adwiyati
Apr 01, 2016 Adwiyati rated it really liked it
my bookshelf is a mess, and i found this book, one of very first book i read in my childhood. my sister bought me this, and i feel like cool teenagers reading such teenlit. I'm surprised to find other people who read this too. wkwk
  • The Agony of Alice (Alice, #1)
  • Beginners (The Gymnasts, #1)
  • Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley and Me, Elizabeth
  • The Long Secret (Harriet the Spy #2)
  • The Cybil War
  • The Haunting of Grade Three
  • Ellen Tebbits (Ellen & Otis, #1)
  • The Pistachio Prescription
  • The Ascent of Everest
  • A Girl Called Al
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Maui-maui
  • Butterwings
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Fragile Flag (Hall Family Chronicles #5)
Taken from Lowry's website:
"I’ve always felt that I was fortunate to have been born the middle child of three. My older sister, Helen, was very much like our mother: gentle, family-oriented, eager to please. Little brother Jon was the only boy and had interests that he shared with Dad; together they were always working on electric trains and erector sets; and later, when Jon was older, they always
More about Lois Lowry...

Anastasia Krupnik (9 books)
  • Anastasia Krupnik (Anastasia Krupnik, #1)
  • Anastasia Again! (Anastasia Krupnik, #2)
  • Anastasia, Ask Your Analyst (Anastasia Krupnik, #4)
  • Anastasia on Her Own (Anastasia Krupnik, #5)
  • Anastasia Has the Answers (Anastasia Krupnik, #6)
  • Anastasia's Chosen Career (Anastasia Krupnik, #7)
  • Anastasia at This Address (Anastasia Krupnik, #8)
  • Anastasia, Absolutely (Anastasia Krupnik, #9)