Start by marking “Maggie Bean Stays Afloat (Maggie Bean, #2)” as Want to Read:
Maggie Bean Stays Afloat (Maggie Bean, #2)

Maggie Bean Stays Afloat (Maggie Bean #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  336 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Here's what's new with Maggie Bean: At the end of her tumultuous year, Maggie Bean is a very happy, healthy girl. After months of Pound Patrollers attendance, diet, and tough swim workouts, the scale now reads 150. But Maggie isn't resting on her laurels - she's got a busy summer ahead. Not only is Maggie spearheading a Pound Patrollers kids' program but she gets a junior ...more
Published May 6th 2008 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Maggie Bean Stays Afloat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie Bean Stays Afloat

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Best 10 Books That You've Read
492nd out of 691 books — 500 voters
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
It's a good book
23rd out of 39 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Maggie hasn't eaten chocolate in 92 days. She's in great shape thanks to her newfound love of swimming. Plus, her days at Pound Patrollers are coming to an end, or so she thinks.

She and Arnie are asked to help create a Pound Patroller program for kids. In addition, Maggie also becomes a summer camp swim instructor. Soon, she's hanging out with other swim instructors and becoming one of the in crowd.

Will she blow off her old friends to become a po
*erica*
Maggie hates her life, she wishes she was popular, her dad is allways switching new jobs, they dont live in the best place and her past is
befor she once weighed 180. but now with the help of a weight loss gruop and her best friends by her side she got to 120 and was a healthy 7th grder. But when she has to be a swim instructor at her lil sisters camp she meants new and popluar friends... shes so destracted by her new friends that she forgets her old and real friends.... does she ditch her old
Brianna
As Maggie Bean continues to struggle with weight, Pound Patrollers comes to a close. Her and Arnie are asked to start Patrol This, a weight loss program for kids. Neither really want to do it, but Arnie makes it fun, and the kids can't wait until next week. Along with that, Maggie's summer starts with working as a junior swim instructor at a local camp. It's full of high school kids, but one Ben invites her on a date and they go out for about a month until they find out about her troubled past. ...more
Corina J
Laramie Davitian
The book "Maggie Bean Stays Afloat", is about a young but over weight girl. When Maggie joins a club for weight lose, she meets her best friend Arnie. Mags and Arnie have been friends ever since, but that all changes when Mags gets a new job as a junior swim instructor at her little sisters summer day camp. There, she meets a whole new set of friends that she leaves her old ones for. Her used to be best friend Amii, is haging out with her friends in the summer camp and their little group is call ...more
Carter
Maggie is happy and healthy and on her last Pound Patrollers meeting, she and Arnie were invited to help with a new company, Patrol This (Pound Patrollers for kids) and design the website. Maggie is also a junior counselor for swimming at Camp Sound View. She becomes friends with Ben, Jason, and Polly. She doesn't get to talk to Aimee that often so they get into a fight and Aimee won't speak to her. Since she is so busy whith her new friends, she and Arnie and Aimee are growning apart. But, when ...more
Jill
Rayburn does an excellent job of letting us know who Maggie Bean really is. We can identify with her, while at the same time recognize her mistakes (like not finding out what was going on with her best friend--who is an awesome friend, btw.) Or like getting caught up in hanging out with/liking an older boy when the one right in front of you that's been there through thick (literally!) and thin, might just be the one you should be hanging out with. Rayburn shows us how to admit and own your mista ...more
StorySnoops
This second in the Maggie Bean series is just as engaging and rewarding as the first. Positive body image is celebrated as Maggie becomes a mentor in a weight loss program for younger kids, and has to not only keep making healthy choices for herself, but figure out fun and creative ways to gets kids to buy into the program as well. Maggie declined to swim with the Water Wings... (click for full review http://www.storysnoops.com/detail.php...)
Candice
A really awesome companion to the Melting of Maggie Bean, it touches on a really sensitive subject for most people -- obesity. Maggie Bean used to be 200 pounds +, but after chasing after an intense dream to join the Water Wings, the school swim team where all the popular girls reside, she loses weight and her craving and addiction to chocolate. She regains her self esteem, and becomes a healthier person.
This book is sublime for preteens and teens.
Kelly☆
This book is the second book of the Maggie Bean serise. This time Maggie loses weight and is happy about it. But when Peter Appelwood comes and becomes her friend. She's trying to prove that she's the right girl for him. Will it work or will she embraress herself in front of everybody?

I choosed this book because I fealt like it.

I finished this book because I had nothing to do.

I recomend this book to Lana G.
Natalie
I've read the first book. Have to read the first book to get the second book. I thought it was pretty good. Just to fill you in the first book is about a girl named Maggie Bean. Maggie Bean loves to eat choclate which leads to her being overweight. I liked the first book because it was telling how a girl my age overweight and how she felt. I could put myself into her shoes. Second one is about her summer.
Julie
I liked this book a lot better than the first one. This was probably because Maggie wasn't struggling as much with her weight and eating issues, so it was much happier in that way. I really hope that Tricia Rayburn comes out with another one, because I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Jane K
May 23, 2011 Jane K added it
I thought that it was a pretty good book. Just like Maggie Bean the first one, a teenage girl can really compare the problems maggie bean faces with their own problems. I thought it was a really good book and I think that people who are into girly book should read it.
Maggie
This book was like any other book written about a teenage girl. Girl likes boy, boy likes her back, but best friend who is a boy likes her. Lost a lot of weight, family doesn't have that much money, Blag blah blah blah blah.
Renee Nordquist
I really enjoyed this book for the single fact that almost every young girl is in a position somewhat like Maggie's and it's wonderful for girls to understand no matter how hard things can be things will work out:)
Morgan Lemke
This is the second book of maggie bean, and u will figure out that maggie not only deals with all her problems, but also has a few new ones arrising. is it enough? will she cave into chocolate AGAIN?
Arlene
This is such a good book! I would like most likely give this book to them! I loved it so much! It is really really really really really really really really good book!!!!READ IT! I give it a FIVE!
Jess
Sequel to Maggie Beans is Melting (or something like that). A bit melodramatic, but I thought the descriptions of how the characters acted and reacted was pretty accurate.
Morgan
For a book set for ages 9-13, I found the plot very interesting. Though it may be predictable for an older audience, I would recommend this to a younger friend.
Cristal Espinosa
Maggie finds out the guy she likes doesnt like her and just wants to be friends so she thinks life is horrible and starts her horrible habit of eating again.
nikki
Jan 22, 2010 nikki added it
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this book i couldn't stop reading it!
Emily
Samantha
I lovedthis book! Maggie and Arnie's relationship was absolutely adorable!
Brianna
I am reading this book right now and I am on like page 10. (:
Denise
Another cute Maggie Bean book. I'm hanging on to these for my girls.
1Maggie
I loved this book it was one of the best I have read!
Kaitlyn
1st one was ok... so i want to read it....
Julia
great book ties along great with first book
ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ
This book is an awesome next book of the series!
Lauren C
I do not know yet I havent read it.
  • So Totally Emily Ebers
  • Bluish
  • Regarding the Bees: A Lesson, in Letters, on Honey, Dating, and Other Sticky Subjects
  • The Broken Bike Boy and the Queen of 33rd Street
  • The Boy Who Howled
  • Dumped by Popular Demand (The Social Experiments of Dorie Dilts, #1)
  • Cupcake Cousins (Cupcake Cousins, #1)
  • Seeing Cinderella
  • A Friend Called Anne
  • Dessert First
  • The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney (Devon Delaney, #1)
  • White House Rules (First Daughter, #2)
  • The Rocky Road Trip of Lydia Goldblatt & Julie Graham-Chang
  • Brett McCarthy: Work In Progress
  • Kickoff
  • Seven Stories Up
  • Just Another Day in My Insanely Real Life
  • Eleven (The Winnie Years, #2)
Tricia Rayburn lives on eastern Long island with her fiancé and crazy shih tzu. She tries to eat vegetables instead of candy but, in her weaker moments, loves Reese's Pieces. The Melting of Maggie Bean is her first novel.
More about Tricia Rayburn...

Maggie Bean (3 books)
  • The Melting of Maggie Bean (Maggie Bean, #1)
  • Maggie Bean in Love (Maggie Bean, #3)
Siren (Siren, #1) Undercurrent (Siren, #2) The Melting of Maggie Bean (Maggie Bean, #1) Dark Water (Siren, #3) Ruby's Slippers