Start by marking “Kissing in the Dark (Grayson Brothers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Kissing in the Dark (Grayson Brothers, #4)

Kissing in the Dark (Grayson Brothers #4)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  548 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Arriving in the town of Fredonia to start a new life, healer Faith Wilkins, determined to keep her past hidden from those around her, falls in love with Sheriff Duke Grayon, who vows keep her safe from harm. Original.
Published October 1st 2005 by Leisure Books (first published September 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Kissing in the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissing in the Dark

Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick summary
Duke Grayson, the third brother in this series, meets widow Faith Wilkins when her brother is caught stealing from the general store. He's immediately attracted to this beautiful woman who is understands the healing, medicinal properties of plants and, together with her three "aunts," has a murky past.

What I liked
The characters all exhibited some serious flaws and, at times, behaved pretty badly. Faith's secrets were explosive, adding intrigue an
Janice Liedl
I was unmoved by this historical, which seemed to pull on every unbelievable trope in the genre. Prostitutes on the road to redemption running a greenhouse with a bonus medical bath (only a little bit hanky-panky-inspired!) but terrorized by an evil man out of their past as well as the possible revelation of their secrets? Book-smart heroine whose herbal knowledge and anatomical reading makes her the best healer in the world? Hurt hero who's dogged by problems in his community as well as a famil ...more
R.C. Matthews
It pains me to give this book only three stars because overall I really enjoyed the Grayson Brother Series. But I struggled a little with this story. I don't usually summarize the story much in my reviews because the back covers / blurbs tend to do a good job of that. But in this case I think I need to give some of the background in order to explain my rating.

Duke Grayson has dedicated eight years of his life to being Sheriff and believes wholeheartedly in his duty to uphold the law. His gut in
Pat aka Tygyr
This was the 4th and final book in the Grayson Brothers Bundle.
Luke Grayson is the town's sheriff. He hears that a group of women and 2 young children have moved into town and are all living together. Apparently the women grow herbs and make potions to sell. This sounds like a snake oil scam to him. He meets the young boy Adam first as he is stealing a hair brush. The sheriff decides to scare him and walks him to jail. They make an agreement that Adam won't have to stay in jail if he tells his
Historical American romance that is the last book in a series about the four Grayson brothers.
I'll be honest and admit that I had no idea about the series and I jumped in to this book and I have no regrets although I probably can't read the previous books because I've been totally spoiled because all the brothers have some significant cameos in this story.
The hero in this story is very black and white morality bound which makes for a rocky romance with Ms. Faith Wilkins and her very different (m
Kissing in the Dark is #4 in the Grayson brothers stories by Wendy Lindstrom. It continues bringing to life the characters introduced in the previous books as well as introducing others.

This is Duke's story. Duke is the sheriff and he loves his job. He sees things as black and white, right or wrong. When he sees a young boy stealing a brush, he apprehends the young boy. However, instead of taking him to jail, he takes him home to speak to his parents. He finds Adam lives with his sister, her da
Faith Wilkins is desperate to start a new life. A life so distant from what she had before that even her name has changed. Her kids deserve as much. Her aunts need it. She needs it. New name. New town. New life. But the past is never far behind. And when the first person to enter their lives in this laid back little town is no other than the sheriff, keeping her secrets becomes a constant struggle. Duke believes Faith is a struggling widow, healer, and loving mother. Their relationship blossoms ...more
This one is definitely the best of the four books. Duke, the sheriff brother, finds he is in love with a beautiful widow named Faith. She has a past history that she doesn't tell him about. She has a child and a brother and he is very kind to her "aunts" as well. All of it comes tumbling down as they discover her past and try to deal with it. The four brothers come to support Duke and help him which solidifies their family even more. The book has some really good things such as being able to for ...more
Faith & her family move to town hoping to build a new, respectable life. Faith's mother owned a brothel & her 4 "aunts" used to work "upstairs".

This is my 1st Wendy Lindstrom book & I quite enjoyed it. Faith is a lovely character. Desperate for love, security she tries hard to be able to have a life of respectability & daren't tell Duke the truth of her background. Duke is the Sheriff & things have always been black or white to him.

The writer handles his realization of what c
Troy  Dye

This quaint historical romance takes the Miss Kitty/Marshall Dillion romance a thousand miles farther. A young woman brings her family (which includes four retired prostitutes into a small town and cosy ups to the sheriff. What will he do when their past catches up to them; when her past catches up to her; when the man casing them catches up to then. No being a big fan of romances, I was pleasantly surprised at the varied Sub plots, the smooth flow and pace of action. I normal

I did like this book, but I didn't quite like the story as much as the first book.

I liked Faith, and I enjoyed the humor and closeness of her "aunts". But it seemed a tad too unrealistic that they moved to a small town and there weren't more questions about the women and their business.

Duke annoyed me a bit, with his never wavering moral compass. He made up for it at the end, but it became almost too sweet and fairytale-ish.

I did enjoy Adam's part in the story, and his crush on Rebecca

Narration - Julia Motyka - Really Good

Gah! I just love this series. I think I've decided it's the kids. This one had me sobbing for a good period of time and it really all revolves around the kids. I guess I'm a sucker for fatherless/motherless kids who've suffered abuse or feel like everyone thinks the worst of them or that nobody could ever love them and I just love it when they find that loving family. And I love the adults that love them as if they were there own!!!!

This whole seri
Carol Malone
Sheriff Duke Grayson, a straight-laced, above board lawman falls for the daughter of a prostitute. Well, at least he doesn’t know the beautiful, bewitching Faith is just that. All he knows is that she’s blown into his town with a delightful child, a brother with a chip on his shoulder and four crazy “aunts” of colorful dimensions and starts a healing business with herbs. He falls head over heals in love with Faith and her daughter, wants to help and encourage her brother and get along with the l ...more
I read Shades of Honor (book 1 of the Grayson Brother series) a while back and really enjoyed it. When I started reading this one I didn't realize it was part of the same series until some of the characters clicked. This book was just as good as the first one, and now I need to read the rest of the series. I will definitely read more from Wendy Lindstrom.
Linda Ellen
Jan 30, 2015 Linda Ellen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of historical fiction, anyone who wants to read a solid love story with strong characters
Recommended to Linda by: was on an ad service on sale
Just finished this book and it was quite enjoyable. The characters come alive and seem so real. Fell in love with Duke and his brothers, and Faith was a woman I could really root for to 'get her man'. Well written. Looking forward to reading more from this author. LOL I bought it when it went on sale - now I've got to read books 1-3!
I have read only two books in this series-loved Shades of Honor and liked this one, maybe not quite as much, but it was still a great read. I not only found both main characters well-drawn and sympathetic, but the cast of excellent secondary characters added much to the story. I also loved how well the author portrayed Duke's conflict between love and his rigid black/white code of morality and showed his growth from unbending sheriff into a more compassionate, well-rounded family man, while Fait ...more
Could've Been 4 Stars

I liked this book but I'm not sure if I would recommend it because it's long. If you don't mind long books then I would give it a green light.

Again, it was enjoyable but it felt long. I even cried (well shed a tear) during a moment in the book. I would've liked to have read of a potential book that included Melissa and Adam. Instead there is a book about Rebecca and Adam. I guess I like the underdog. I would've bought that and started tonight. :)
Enjoyed tremendously

Enjoyed tremendously

I really enjoyed this book. It had just enough of everything. Mystery, intrigue, romance, humor & justice. It is a feel good story of people turning their life around. Light on the sex but plenty of chemistry.
Fantastic series, set in the 1870's in Upstate NY. Romance but each book in this series tackles serious issues of the time: PTSD, Domestic Violence, Prostitution/Child Abandonment and more...all dealt with by a loving family and the special women they meet. Enjoy
I liked the book. I may read some of earlier ones to see how the brothers met their wives. The story of the "aunts" was a little far-fetched, but you couldn't help but like them all. The "evil" judge was not very creative, pretty stereotypical, but dastardly.

I never quite got to really enjoy reading this book until coming to the very end. But as this is the first in the series I'm reading maybe I'll get the rest and play catch-up. all-in-all a very good read!
LYNN A. Pyle
I always wondered how...

It would be for women who wanted to leave the seeder ways of life and this book was written well. To the wound's they carried from all the hardships working to living in a brothel finding away out and start a new life.
Nice story

Nice story

Sometimes families are formed differently and even adults can be adopted in a sense. Hardly any grammar errors and I don't remember seeing spelling mistakes either
Julie Heintzelman
Very good, sweet historical romance. The daughter of a prostitute in the 1800s is able to make a new life for herself with a bachelor sheriff. They overcome many obsticles because of her past but their love conquers all.
Louiseann Walter

This story made you laugh and cry and made you realize that not every body has a Great homelife. Also not to judge people by the way they look or dress.
Cheryl Duncan
This is my favorite book in the Grayson Bothers series! I really got caught up in Duke and Faith's story. I liked the many twists in the story. In the end all the loose ends get tidied up without it feeling like they were contrived.
Amy Budge
I was immediately drawn in by the authors talented writing, but soon found this book wasn't for me when the sherif started expressing thought about Faith's breasts. Just not my style
Rachelle Sanders
enjoyed it!

I enjoyed it...I amgoing to read the others in the series. I liked the references to herbs and natural medicines.
Pretty good. a couple punctuation problems, likely from converting it to Kindle. The ending was too long and drawn out after all the drama was over.
Nancy Hollingsworth
This book was a freebie from Bookbub. The start was awkward, but the book finished well. I cared about the colorful characters, and I enjoyed the love story of the Grayson family. I did not expect to like the story as well as I did.
  • Fireblossom
  • Lost in Temptation (Regency Chase Family Series #1)
  • A Promise of Thunder (Horizon Set, #2)
  • The Officer and the Bostoner (Fort Gibson Officers, #1)
  • 11th Hour Rose (Langston Brothers #3)
  • Untamed (Wild Women, #1)
  • The Rancher (Redbourne, #1)
  • A Hero's Heart
  • Midnight Lover
  • Where the Wind Blows (Prairie Hearts, #1)
  • Wild Angel (The O'Byrne Brides Series, #1)
  • Myriah Fire
  • A Mail Order Bride for Charlie (The Carson Brothers of Kansas, #1)
  • Silken Promises
  • Captured
  • The Seduction of Emily
  • Winter Heart (Blazing Frontier, #3)
  • The Union
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Wendy Lindstrom is known for the riveting emotional power of her work. Romantic Times has dubbed her “one of romance’s finest writers,” and readers rave about her enthralling characters and “masterfully crafted” stories. She is the creator of the “original Grayson Brothers” series that begins with RITA award-winner Shades of Honor. This critically ...more
More about Wendy Lindstrom...

Grayson Brothers (7 books)
  • Shades of Honor (Grayson Brothers, #1)
  • The Longing (Grayson Brothers, #2)
  • Lips That Touch Mine (Grayson Brothers, #3)
  • Sleigh of Hope — A Grayson Christmas (Grayson Brothers #5)
  • Leave it for the Rain (Grayson Brothers, #6)
  • When I Fall in Love: A Heartwarming Small Town Historical Romance (Grayson Brothers Book 7)