Start by marking “True Surrender” as Want to Read:
True Surrender

True Surrender

When Major Aaron Bricewick is rescued from Afghanistan terrorists, he thinks the worst is over. But his personal journey is just beginning…

The first surprise is the amputation of one of his legs.

The second is the woman he left behind, now a widow with a 4-year-old son – and his new prosthetist (artificial limb maker).

He vows that losing his leg won’t derail his career. But
Published November 2016 (first published September 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about True Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Surrender

Kathleen
Dec 02, 2011 Kathleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if you were a career military officer who has been abducted by terrorists in Afghanistan, and suffered through excruciating torture for 7 days? Would your military life ever be the same after your rescue, when you find out your injuries would include losing your leg? Would you be able to surrender your pride, and put your trust in God, the military, and let the one woman who you let get away help you recover? And if it came down to choosing between the military or true love, ...more
Jody
Dec 13, 2011 Jody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first discovered this book I knew I had to read it because of the subject matter. As a disabled person myself, I was drawn to a character who was recently disabled to see how the author would deal with this part of the character's life. After turning the last page I'm happy to report that the character of Aaron is very realistic. He's realistic in a way that's heart breaking to see as he struggles to accept his limitations and cope with the kind of man he's become. Between the physical ...more
Books Mom
Originally posted at http://its-raining-books.blogspot.com...

This story captures the deep emotions of a soldier who had been tortured and maimed by the enemy in Afganistan. His feelings and thoughts are sensitively shown. It was sweetly romantic yet sensual. This is a tender romance which lets the reader see how the war affected his thinking, feeling and acting, in regards to relationships with others.

He suffers from anger, sadness, the loss of a leg, the feeling of helplessness, and frustration
Molly (Cafinated Reads)
Dec 14, 2011 Molly (Cafinated Reads) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly (Cafinated Reads) by: GoddessFish Promotions
Military life is never easy and Tracey Cramer-Kelly portrays that perfectly in this romance novel. She combines the devastating effects of a life at war, of a life being held captive, and combines it with life altering romance. Between those, and the wonderfully created, deeply complex characters, this story is filled with emotional sadness, and happiness.

Aaron's character was vividly portrayed as the military man who has ultimately seen war, faced death when he is tortured by his captives, bea
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted on http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

A man tormented by nightmares and the after affects of a capture, and a woman who has lost so much, but still feels blessed. These two amazing people have met and loved each other before, but now are brought face to face again. True Surrender is Aaron and Holly's story, and along the way are some powerful scenarios and deep, emotional conflict that needs resolving.

Aaron Bricewick wakes up in a strange place after being imprisoned by t
Suzie
Nov 25, 2011 Suzie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While in Afghanistan Major Aaron Bricewick was captured by terrorists. His abductors try to pressure him to reveal top secret information. He refuses to corporate with them and they savagely tortured him by breaking both his legs. He fears that he will not be able to survive another beating. With is life hanging on by a thread he is miraculously rescued.

The nightmare doesn’t end when he is found; instead he is rushed to Holbrook Medical Center, a military hospital that specializes in extensive
Michael Cain
Dec 13, 2011 Michael Cain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I mostly read books that are romantic comedies or paranormal romance/urban fantasy. And I found the beginning of this military romance nearly too intense to continue. Author Tracey Cramer-Kelly’s stark descriptions were emotionally hard to read, but ultimately her strong, believable characters and a storyline rich with heart and determination kept me reading.

At first I couldn’t get over her heroine, Holly Rossiter, putting the welfare of this injured soldier before her own feelings, but that ev
Cocktails and Books
Aaron Bricewick joined the Army to try and make the world a better place, he never expected that he would need to be rescue by US Forces. Having been kidnapped and tortured, Aaron is flown back to Southern California to be treated at Holbrook Medical Center. It's there that he faces losing his leg and having to readjust to his new way of life. It takes not only Aaron, but his college sweetheart, Holly Rossiter and her son to help Aaron re-evaluate his life.

When I finished this book, I felt extre
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Overall, I liked this book. It was different than a lot of other romance books that I've read in that it deals with some pretty heavy topics, mostly surrounding some of the issues that military personnel face when they come home from war. Aaron is one of the soldiers who unfortunately comes home with the effects of fighting a war showing. He loses his leg!

I really liked the characters of Holly and Aaron. Holly has a good heart but I do wish that we got to know a little more about her personality
Jennifer Lowery
Jan 14, 2013 Jennifer Lowery rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I picked up True Surrender by Tracey Cramer-Kelly I knew I was reading outside my genre, which I enjoy doing, but am sometimes hesitant. Well, let me tell you this time I was sooo glad I did!! This is a gem of a story! Once I started reading it I couldn’t put it down!
I fell for the hero from the first page. He’s tormented by nightmares after being captured and tortured in Afghanistan and now suffers a leg amputation because of it. My heart ached for him, and all the men and women out there
Skye Taylor
Dec 02, 2014 Skye Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oorah for Tracey Cramer-Kelly. A romance that totally satisfies, yet deals with some of the painful and difficult issues our young men and women in the armed forces are faced with. The story didn't get bogged down with the endless detail of what Aaron Bricewick had to go through in rehab, but still we got to look into his heart and soul and see the struggle. Holly Rossiter has her own conflicts to overcome, and letting Aaron back into her heart is one of her biggest challenges. It's a ...more
Yvonne
Feb 28, 2015 Yvonne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 2015
A Christian based thriller/military romance/family drama.

It was a good story and I'd probably have given it 4 stars except for the inclusion of a couple of graphic sexual encounters that lent nothing to the story.

Favorite quote: "Why did people think military relationships were romantic? If anything, they were more work than most relationships."

I requested and received an audio review CD of this title through GoodReads First Reads.
Bea
it was a four star most of the way but the end was over the top and unnecessary. full review to come.
Denise Devine
Mar 10, 2012 Denise Devine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and highly recommend it if you like stories with deep emotion and great characters. It was really hard to put down.
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2015
Cheri Andrews
Cheri Andrews rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2013
Cheryl Callighan
Cheryl Callighan rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
Oct 11, 2011 Tracey Cramer-Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sky
Sky rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2014
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
RyooT
RyooT rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Deanna
Deanna rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2013
Katrina
Katrina rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2015
ann bryant
ann bryant rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Jane Wheeler
Jane Wheeler rated it liked it
May 05, 2016
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2012
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2016
Dwight Zimmerman
Dwight Zimmerman rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Suzie
Suzie rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
  • The Secret Heiress (Protection Specialists, #2)
  • Remember Me
  • Beneath the Scars
  • Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3)
  • One Stubborn Cowboy
  • Love on Landing (Meadow Ridge, #2)
  • Release (In Too Deep)
  • Left At The Altar (Holt series, #2)
  • Flight Risk
  • Savage Deception (Nickie Savage, #1)
  • Lee (Devils on Horseback, #4)
  • Certain Jeopardy (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer, #1)
  • Reconstructing Jackson (Prairie Romance, #2)
  • To Seduce a SEAL (Sin City Seals, #3)
  • Barefoot in the Grass
  • Police Business (The Precinct, #2)
  • Never Underestimate a Caffarelli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #2)
  • Starter Wife
I am a reader and Indie author and I love to connect with readers. PLEASE FRIEND ME and/or FAN ME, or head over to my web site (http://www.TraceyCramerKelly.com)!

I primarily write about wounded veterans, biker chicks, and famous people with secrets to hide.It's about their personal journey, and their transformation.

My writing draws from my experience as an Army Reserve paramedic as well as over 20
More about Tracey Cramer-Kelly...

“Why did people think military relationships were romantic? If anything, they were more work than most relationships.” 0 likes