Start by marking “Nancy Drew: #1-6 [Box Set]” as Want to Read:
Nancy Drew: #1-6 [Box Set]

Nancy Drew: #1-6 [Box Set]

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,485 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
Nancy Drew is a fictional 18-year-old amateur sleuth, living in the town of River Heights with her father, attorney Carson Drew, and their housekeeper, Hannah Gruen. Nancy spends her time solving mysteries, some of which she stumbles upon and some of which begin as cases of her father's. Nancy is often assisted in solving mysteries by her two closest friends, Bess Marvin a ...more
Published October 5th 1998 by Penguin Group (USA) Incorporate (first published 1930)

To ask other readers questions about Nancy Drew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nancy Drew

Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie MeyerThe Mortal Instruments Boxed Set by Cassandra ClareVampire Academy Collection by Richelle Mead
Series Reading List
53rd out of 1,266 books — 3,146 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
What Book Got You Hooked?
133rd out of 3,008 books — 8,382 voters

More lists with this book...

Teardra
Jun 22, 2009 Teardra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood
So I've read a lot more than just 6 Nancy Drew books but I couldn't find a category for "Every Nancy Drew Book I could find". I must credit Carolyn Keene with instilling in me the love of reading. I can also credit her with my abnormal sleeping habits. Every summer I would start reading a Nancy Drew book at bedtime and finally go to sleep when I was done. Every day in and out and I never grew tired of trying to figure out the mystery before Nancy and Ned.
Jaimi Gomes
Nancy Drew is by far the best series of books I read in elementary school. These books were filled with adventure and thrill. These page turning novels just made you want to read one book after another. Each book is different and follows Nancy, and investigator through all kinds of cases until she solved them. These books are great for outside of class readings. One thing I would change about it is to make them not so scary. When I was younger I use to get nightmares about these books. Granted, ...more
Darcy Stewart
Oct 28, 2010 Darcy Stewart rated it it was amazing
Secret of the Old Clock
Nancy Drew is the daughter of Carson Drew a private investigator. Nancy helps her father solve cases. Nancy rescues a little girl named Judy off a bridge and learns from her family that the need money and she is told about the will. While Nancy is there Judy's guardians find out some fancy silverware has been stolen. Nancy tries to find the will and missing silverware.Nancy Drew is looking for a will that Josiah wrote. She sees all of his relatives and family. The Tophams
Rachel
May 18, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I loved these stories so much when I was younger. When I read them, I wanted to be just like Nancy Drew and grow up to be a girl detective
Susannah
May 27, 2015 Susannah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 8+
I Love Nancy Drews! I have over 70 of them! And 1-6 are good!
Amanda
Aug 17, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who appreciates spunk
Shelves: children
I can't even begin to describe how these books influenced my childhood. I've only marked 1-6 as read but there are two full shelves of them at my house in Alabama and I'm trying to fill in the holes so that someday I've got a complete set.
Once again, a great fictional role model- here we've got a girl (three if you count Bess and George who're always helping) out solving mysteries using her own intelligence, determination and perserverence.
These are a great way to get kids (probably particular
Dayna
Jul 06, 2008 Dayna rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Okay, I am adding this to replace all of the Nancy Drew books I have individually listed on here. Let's just say I have read pretty much all 50+ of them, and that I enjoyed them a lot as an eleven-year-old. Just to clarify, I never read the Nancy Drew Files or the Girl Sleuth books. I compared those to the Babysitter Club books, which I despised for some reason. I also read some first editions (like, real first editions, not the reproductions of the originals that are out now) and they are diffe ...more
A. D. Norton
Jun 30, 2013 A. D. Norton rated it really liked it
Shelves:
My almost six year old and I are reading this. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Nancy Drew as a kid, I credit this "author" it was created by Mildred Wirt Benson (and a publisher's syndicate). Some of the language is still a bit scary for her age so I change it up as we read.

We are currently on The Mystery of Shadow Ranch.

We had fun discussing those ancient relics known as -- phone booths!

We were excited to try Wilma Tenderfoot but much too scary for her age. Not there yet. Wouldn't recommend.
Haley
Jun 13, 2013 Haley rated it really liked it
Reading Nancy Drew for the first time when I'm 19 severely changes my opinion sadly. I found them quite predictable and simple, BUT I know that they are children's books. I would definitely have enjoyed these as a kid and probably would have found them a lot more thrilling and unpredictable. It's too bad I didn't read them before, but I'm glad I read them now. I will definitely give these to my children (when I have some).
Megan
Apr 11, 2011 Megan rated it liked it
Nancy Drew is a fun light read but the problem I have with the whole series is that the author, in every single book, puts down Nancy's friends and insults them in order for Nancy Drew to appear even more perfect. After saying how pretty Beth and Georgia are, we hear that Beth is a little pudgy and Georgia is a tomboy, therefore, we are expected to come to he conclusion that Nancy is the prettiest of them all.
Karen
Jul 10, 2008 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood
I read all of the Nancy Drew books during 3rd to 5th grade - I think that is all I read :) However, once my mom bought me the 64th book, I was finally tired of them :( I recently bought the first 5 books and enjoyed reading them all over again. I am a Nancy Drew purist and don't really have an interest in the more modern series. My cousin, Kathy, still has most of her original collection.

Sky
Jun 23, 2007 Sky rated it it was amazing
As young girls my sister and I had most of the books in this series written by Millie Benson under the pen name of Carolyn Keene. Keene worked in her professional field of journalism while ghost-writing the Drew series. Now Nancy is being revived via Hollywood, the film potentially bringing new interest to the famous young sleuth and to these books!
Kim
Feb 11, 2012 Kim added it
These books remind me of my Oakwood Elementary Library.. for some reason and for the librain Miss Jacobs who recommended them to me.. I can acuatlly still see where they are in the library.. back wall less than half the way down and about the top 1/3 of the shelves.. :) I read alot more than the first five but I think this will suffice :)
E
Jun 18, 2007 E rated it really liked it
If this was a boxed set of 1-60 or so that would fit the bill better for me. My cousin and I "lived" for being able to go to the mall to get the next 2 books that we didn't have. Our goal was to get the whole series between the 2 of us. We were very disappointed to discover that Carolyn Keene was not a real person. We loved Nancy Drew.
Melissa
Jun 14, 2007 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-adult
The summer before fourth grade I spent a few weeks with my grandparents in the middle of nowhere Florida, and went every day to the oldest library in the state, where I read every single old Nancy Drew hardcover available (and the entire collection of The Three Investigators too). Got a soft spot in my heart for that rich bitch Nancy now.
Nikki
Jul 06, 2007 Nikki rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young readers
I love Nancy Drew. I started reading them when I was a child and I had never read anything like a mystery before. I remember feeling so excited at the new experience. I doubt they'd hold the same magic for me now, but I will always love Nancy Drew. I think they're wonderful books for engaging a young child into the awesome world of reading.
Jessica Banner
Sep 07, 2012 Jessica Banner rated it really liked it
These books were some of the first "big kid" books I ever read (very few, if any, pictures), so they'll always have a special place in my heart. Now, I know that they are fairly predictable and a little corny, but as a kid they were exciting and had me reading under the covers with a flashlight after I was supposed to be asleep.
Bondab55
Nov 12, 2008 Bondab55 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Ok I couldnt find the complete boxed set on this, but I am pretty sure that I have read almost every single Nancy Drew book. When I was younger, I LOVED Nancy Drew, and when I feel like reading a really easy book I still read them from time to time. I just love mysteries, and when I was younger I wished that I could be Nancy Drew!
Hank
Jun 17, 2007 Hank rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood
While I read most of these, from The Secret of the Old Clock up to around #56 or so, they were a great read although a more modern take on the books would mean she probably wouldn't come out of some of the situations the same anymore. This review, of course, coming out with the timing of a movie, apparently, under the series name.
Hannah
Jan 04, 2011 Hannah rated it liked it
Who can't go wrong with an old classic!!! I absolutly love these books! its something that can pass down for generations. Just the curiousity of a young smart girl gets to me and how she can solve all these problems. All the mysteries always suprise me at the end never an expected ending. Its what i love about these books!
Tracy
Sep 05, 2008 Tracy rated it it was amazing
oh my gosh! old school nancy drew! my mom bought me my first nancy drew book when i was about 5. i fell in love with nancy. i picked this box set because i didn't want to click on every single book, but i read all eleventy million of them. My dream is to one day own all of them, the old yellow ones of course.
Gabby
Jun 05, 2007 Gabby rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Poeple who are into suspense stories
I have read about 60 Nancy Drew stories, and they all captivate you and make sure that you CAN NOT put the book down! Because pretty much at the end of every chapter there is a new surprise and they leave you at a cliff hanger. So if you HAVE to stop reading it, good luck at finding a good place to stop!
Tina
Dec 23, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing
So I have read the whole nancy drew set! all of them, back when I was in middle Might not remember the content of each and every book, but I remember plowing through them and anxiously waiting for then new book to come out.
Annacatherine
Mar 28, 2008 Annacatherine rated it really liked it
I'm working on the owning the complete collection. But even today when I'm feeling blue I'll pull one of these dusty classics from the shelves and give myself a good time revisiting my old friends from River Heights. And some day I hope to have my very own shiny blue sporty roadster.
Jo
I absolutely adored this series when I was growing up and I read just about every Nancy Drew book I could get my hands on so I was excited to stumble upon this boxed set in the store and had to grab it. Nancy Drew, Bess and George will always be a special part of my childhood.
Mell
Mar 29, 2014 Mell rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, ya, mystery
While I did not own this specific box set, I did read several of the books in this original incarnation of Nancy Drew. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about, and could not relate to what felt like her wealthy lifestyle. I was more of a Trixie Belden reader.
Ashlee
Feb 21, 2012 Ashlee rated it it was amazing
I guarantee you i have read every Nancy Drew book ever written. I have been getting one for my daughter every Christmas since her first. I hope she will enjoy them as much as I did! i am tempted to add The Sweet Valley High books to my list too! ;-)
Carrie Lynne
Feb 13, 2009 Carrie Lynne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read all 56 of the original Nancy Drew mysteries in grade school and loved every one of them. These books kept me up late at night reading under the covers with a flashlight. :) I have enjoyed sharing these books with my daughters as well.
Melanie
Aug 27, 2008 Melanie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Young Girls starting at around 10 or older that love mysteries!
I was a huge Nancy Drew fan when I was growing up. I probably started reading them when I was 9 or 10 and read every single one. I loved the mystery and suspense. So much fun! I hope my little girl will want to read them someday too.
Hadia
All of the 6 books were GREAT. Especially the Mystery At Lilac Inn (wish I owned it) and the Secret at Red Gate Farm (I think they have the wrong title, but it was a VERY mysterious book - loved it!!!)
  • The Boxcar Children 5-8 (The Boxcar Children, #5-8)
  • Encyclopedia Brown: Boy Detective (Books 1-4)
  • Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66)
  • Trixie Belden Boxed Set #1-#3
  • Laura's Early Years Collection (Little House, #1, #2, #4)
  • Bunnicula In-a-Box (Bunnicula, #1-3)
  • The Ramona Collection, Vol. 2: (Ramona, #4-#5, #7-8)
  • Amelia Bedelia and Her Wacky World
  • Baby-Sitters Club Boxed Set #1 (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1-4)
  • Spirit Seeker
  • Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)
  • A Ghost in the House
  • The Babylon Game (The Seven Fabulous Wonders, #2)
  • The Secret Seven Collection
  • Catch a Falling Star (Summerhill Secrets, #3)
  • Dragonart Fantasy Characters: How to Draw Fantastic Beings and Incredible Creatures

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...