Start by marking “The Penguin Who Wanted To Be Different” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
The Penguin Who Wanted...

Maria O'neill

The Penguin Who Wanted To Be Different

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A wonderfully illustrated story about Dorothy, a penguin who asked Santa Claus for a very special present. She wants to be different!
Published (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Penguin Who Wanted To Be Different, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Penguin Who Wanted To Be Different

Saskia Marijke Niehorster-Cook
Here is one more for the Penguin books!

When I was a little girl, my mother used to read me a book about a Penguin in the Danish zoo who would wear a red scarf and go visit the monkey exhibit. It was one of my favorite books ever. She read it over and over for me. I thought it lost but then I found it again as a grown up and it is now part of my children's book collection.

My son Berend went through a phase of loving penguins as well. Partly because we visited several zoos where they had great pe
Tatiana
Read as part of penguin unit. A cute story.
Jen Goeden
The story “The Penguin who wanted to be Different” is about a little penguin named Dorothy who just wants to be different then the other penguin. Dorothy writes Santa a letter and asks if he can help her become different, which Santa gives her a special gift!
This books shows that it is good for children to want to be different and not like everyone else. Also it shows that don’t give up on what you want because it will happen in some special way. The colors are very bright which makes you want t
Amanda S.
This was a sweet book about a little penguin who did not want to blend in. She realizes that she looks like all of the other penguins in town. Her help is requested by someone very special and she is happy to help. She finally gets her wish in the end.
Andd Becker
Jill Newton's illustrations align with Maria O'Neill's text.
All of the penguins look the same. This bothers Dorothy, who wants to be different. A Christmas wish becomes reality.
Meghan
A cute story about a penguin who writes to santa asking to be different. Santa then takes the little penguin on his trip around the world to hand out toys.
Deanna
Deanna added it
Dec 03, 2014
Bev Pudwill dunn
Bev Pudwill dunn marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Marie
Marie added it
Oct 04, 2014
Chris Meier
Chris Meier marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Emma
Emma added it
Aug 11, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Novak
Novak marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Ms
Ms marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Um imitador de Sherlock Holmes The Evolving EU Counter-terrorism Legal Framework (Routledge Research in European Union Law) The Evolving Eu Counter-Terrorism Legal Framework New Challenges for the EU Internal Security Strategy Penguin Who Wanted to Be Different: A Christmas Wish