Blank-133x176
No Regrets

Elizabeth Adler

No Regrets

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  373 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Cafe-owner Ellie Parrish Duveen finds herself falling for ex-New York cop Dan Cassidy. But unknown to them, Ellie is being stalked by her psychopathic half-brother, who wants to kill her and claim what he considers to be his rightful inheritance. Can Dan save her before it is too late?
346 pages
Published 1997 by Hodder and Stoughton

Jessa
You know that feeling when you think you finally found the best book you would probably brag about to the whole world, and suddenly the gets all crappy and bam!

This is a good example. This book had me really sitting at the edge of my seat. There were times that I get so thrilled, suspenseful, excited, whatever. When I was about halfway of it, I felt like I've just laid hands upon the best book that's probably ever written! But guess what! The ending ruined it.

Well, I'm not saying that the endi...more
Sharon Sherman
I love Elizabeth Adler's characters. I find the way she plots her books most interesting and fun to read.
Loni
This book was completely different from all the other Elizabeth Adler books I have read. This was fast moving, suspenseful and held my attention the entire way through. As I got to the end I was glad to know how the story ends, but sad to know it was going to be over soon. It is a wonderful love story and mystery. Buck Duvern is a driven and ruthless character, that you are instantly watchful of. I highly recommend this book for it's intrigue and to those who love mysteries.
Jen

Not as enjoyable as some of the other books I've read lately, but it kept my attention, largely due to the gradual development of the romantic relationship. The suspense part was a little too overdone for me writing-wise, and there were some moments in the dialogue where I actually groaned. (Would have been much better to lapse into narration than have the characters speak in narrative paragraphs that weren't even close to anything someone would actually say.)
Cindy
If only this author knew how to use commas appropriately, instead of writing the run-on sentences she seems to love! I found the lack of structure in the grammar distracting to the story, as I had to stop and re-read sentences that didn't have the right stops in the right places. The story line is passable, but I don't expect to read any more by this author.
Tonica
This was one of those stories I can connect with. What if my evil stepsister became sinister? Good book glad I picked it up at the St. Louis airport years ago... It got lost in the move and I came across it while unpacking and sorting DeWayne's things.
Dale
The author kept me guessing. Ending was a bit lame based on how well the book had been flowing and keeping me on my toes. Still enjoyed it. Enough romance to keep me interested and rooting for the guy.
Penny Weiss
This book was great in some ways and just so so in others. It was way too predictable and you were easily able to figure out the plot, but the romantic part of the book was well written I thought.
Angel Born
its my second book of my collection of condense reading digest which i read, and i feel all the same magic and tingling creeping inside me of the suspense and romance
RuncZ
Sākums pārāk garš un garlaicīgs un beigas pārāk sasteigtas.. Visādi citādi stāstam nav ne vainas. Tāda tīri viegla literatūra sanāk.
Lisa Alexa
Scary! I had to keep the lights on and King has never been able to spooks me! Total psychopath and not for the faint-hearted.
Melody
Histoire bien ficelée, même si la romance passe un peu au second plan.
Meg
"Labor Day Weekend Reading III. The best of the lot. Moderately suspenseful."
Karen
Pretty good read - some suspense - somewhat predictable
Nancy
Pretty good. Might want to try this author again.
Mary Ruth
Liked the book - language was pretty bad.
Amanda Stahlnecker

Easy read with a good story
Chelsea
Sep 01, 2007 Chelsea rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fiona
lovely lovely book
Melissa Rogers
Melissa Rogers marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Pamela K
Pamela K marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Jun 23, 2014
  • Montana Man
  • Ghost Moon
  • The Baby Farm
  • The Snow Falcon
  • No Shirt, No Shoes...No Problem!
  • On Thin Ice
  • Sins of the Flesh (Sins, #2)
  • The Jewels of Tessa Kent
  • Blackout
  • Under the Beetle's Cellar
  • Long, Lean, and Lethal (Soap Opera #1)
  • Guilt by Association
  • Trial By Fire
  • Green Calder Grass (Calder Saga #6)
  • Running Scared (Rarities Unlimited, #2)
  • Collision
  • Body Heat  (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #2)
  • Embraced by Love
203833
Born in Yorkshire, North England, Elizabeth Adler met in London her future husband, Richard, a American. They had lived in England, Ireland, France, Brazil, and USA. Today, the had one daughter and live in Palm Springs, California. Her first novel, Private Desires, launched an enormously successful writing career, she also wrote as Ariana Scott. She has now written over twenty internationally accl...more
More about Elizabeth Adler...
Summer in Tuscany Sailing to Capri Please Don't Tell Fortune is a Woman The House in Amalfi