Start by marking “More Than Words” as Want to Read:
More Than Words

More Than Words

Their online games turn into games of the heart.

A brutal mugging two years ago left Calli terrified to go out after dark, and incapable of real dating. Hanging out with a resentful Chihuahua every night hasn’t filled the void, and all the sex toys from the store she owns could never replace a flesh-and-blood man. An online Scrabble-type site promising anonymous, flirty fun
ebook, 2
Published November 13th 2016 by Karla Doyle (first published August 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about More Than Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Words

Lisa
Oct 17, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

description

More Than Words is my first Karla Doyle book. Throughout the entirety of this read I kept thinking why the heck have I not known about this author prior to this???? She's Canadian for goodness sakes! From my homeland!!! I should be supporting her!!! Ok, rant done. Moving on. This book was full of witty banter, scorching sex and two characters who find love when they least expected it.

description

Calli Yates is an independent, thirty-one year old woman and entrepreneur who owns her own romance store called
Mo
Sep 27, 2013 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice, fairly quick read.

Sexy guitar playing hero.

Shy, owner of an adult shop.

Sex scenes were fairly hot.

Throw in the cute dog.

And the cute cat.

Actually, throw in an attack a few years back that keeps Calli indoors at night.

And some sexy games of …

Probably be a 3.5 Stars.
Jeanne

I only have one complaint with Karla Doyle's writing, which is that she seems to put me in some sort of trance that prevents me from putting the book down. I was just planning to read for an hour, and then I swear I was going to be productive today. Between the naughty scrabble, the hot guitarist and smutty scenes, I just couldn't look away!! Before I knew it, I read the whole thing in one sitting. Looks like we're having pizza for dinner:)

Pam
4 stars
“Bare skin for a bare soul”

One year, eleven months, twenty-four days. She hadn’t set foot outside after dark for almost two years. Calli, a prisoner in her own home because of her fear of the dark outside world, her life consisted of her Romance Store and her sister are her only link to the outside world, content with living a life with her constant companion her pet dog, Prince Charming. One night she logs onto an on-line scrabble site, Online games for the friendly and the flir
MelissaB
** 3.5 stars **

This book started out strong but then went downhill some in the second half. I liked the beginning where they were flirting with each other then enjoying getting to know each other (and having some hot loving!).

Then in the second half it started coming apart due to stupid misunderstandings. There was a situation where he pushed her about her phobia in a ridiculous way then acted like an idiot and almost cheated (it went way too far for me). Then instead of talking it out they are
Ada
How did I come across this book, you might ask? Well… a very good friend of mine told me her panties caught fire… Mwahahahaha 3:) And this comes from a woman who have read adult fiction books before and she said she didn't get a lady boner, and now her knickers were on fire. WHERE DO I SIGN?

So I kind of knew my panty drawer would have to suffer the consequences if I dared to read this book. OH. MY. GOD!!!!!! This book was much more than... I expected (in a very good way).

Holy Moly Guacamole!!!!

S
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

Calli is terrified of going out in the dark since an attack 2 years ago. Travis is tired of the party scene. The two cross paths at a game of online scrabble.

I loved both main characters. I felt perhaps they got together a bit too easily but Im not complaining as there were some pretty steamy parts.

I dont know why this book hasnt got more ratings, the writing was easy to get into, it was short and steamy with great banter, lustworthy musician and likeable heroine. What more can a girl a
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
This was a great love story. I was expecting a hot read, and it was, but it was much more as well. For a short book, it packed an emotional punch. I felt so bad for poor Calli - debilitated by fear because of random act of violence two years prior. I usually get easily irritated by an insecure heroine, but Calli was just so real in all her worries and doubts, that it was actually charming and sweet. I also loved that Travis was not this perfect, always knows the right thing to say hero. He ...more
Maida
Scrabble is HOT.... Word Games are HOT.... Words, used in the right way, are HOT....

But do you know what isn't hot ?!? Two main characters whose actions are, at times, reprehensible.

1. If you have a pet, then YOU are that pet's parent. Assume responsibility. (view spoiler)
London
Was about to 1 click buy this book but noticed the $6.79 price tag. Are you kidding me? For 191 pages? Gurl, bye.

Glad I didn't waste my money on this book. Apparently they get into a fight around 60% and he goes and picks up a girl at a bar. He then proceeds to make out with her and tells her to suck his dick. Before she actually goes through with it he tells her to stop but that's still 100% cheating as he and the heroine were still together. Piece of shit wants to get his dick sucked the min
Heidi
Sep 26, 2013 Heidi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I did when I finished reading More Than Words ......

Thoroughly enjoyable read!
Anna
Mar 26, 2014 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, quick and steamy. Fit the afternoon bill ❤️
Victoria

“Honestly, nothing was sexier than a man playing guitar. Except maybe a guitar player with kick-ass Scrabble skills and a wonderfully naughty mind who also claimed to be the dominant type.”

This book is PERFECTION! I absolutely 100% LOVED this book. Five Shining STARS!

More Than Words is the story of Calli and Travis, who meet over online scrabble. After exchanging nothing more than some clever scrabble words and flirtatious banter, Travis decides he wants to meet Calli. After doing a little inves
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
3.5 Scrabble stars

Cute quick read.

Calli is a hermit who never goes out after dark. Travis is a sexy guitar player in a band but secret Scrabble nerd. They meet in an online game of Scrabble that turns a little sexy.

Calli gives him some tips on her location and Travis like a creepy stalker interested guy comes and finds her at her store and begins a relationship with her.

I will say there are some hot scenes between the two of them.

sex photo tumblr_m40yarB51J1r79k32_zpsd0d4f5ea.gif

My thoughts with how this book was lacking:
-The girl owns a "roma
Laci
Yummy Goodness!!!!

My body gave this 5 stars! I loved this book. One word sum up "STIMULATING". It had everything I love in a book. Hot sex, love, and dirty talk. O the dirty talk was fabulous. I fell in love with both Calli and Travis. It was not only steamy, but I really enjoyed reading it. I was in the middle of this other book and happen across this piece and I couldn't put this book down. I am sorry I stink at reviews (I'm a new reader and definitely not a writer) so I can't get all technica
Sabrina
Dec 04, 2014 Sabrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shortie
4 SEX-ON-A-STOOL STARS

Consider me a fan of Mrs. Doyle!!
Scrabble was never even close to a God-Im-blushing sexy category....until now! How come Ive never played it like this?!..Well I need my Travis first of all!!

description

His "Romance" shop owner Callie struggling with her fear of going out when its dark.
description

Their wittiness was off the chart! It had me grinning, blushing and giggling like a high school girl.
MORE PLEASE!!!

Angie Elle
Sep 21, 2014 Angie Elle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was such a fun read. The way the characters met was fun and creative, and the sex was smoking hot. I also liked the secondary characters, Prince Charming and Kersh. (The pets.)

I liked Travis a lot. He'd lived his life making mistakes and wanted a change, so he went looking for it.

Calli was struggling to overcome a traumatic episode, and took a chance when she wanted to spice up her love life. Enter the smoking hot sex scenes!

I thought the ending was a little bit cheesy, but that's OK--
Sara
Oct 19, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a sexy read involving scrabble lol!

Calli doesn't go out in the dark since she was assaulted. Travis is tired of the vain sluts who only like him because he's in a band. Calli and Travis meet while playing online Scrabble and start to chat. Things heat up pretty quickly online. Once these two meet in person it's like fireworks! Travis brings out the sexy in Calii that she didn't even know was there. And Travis realizes he's ready for something much different that his norm. These two are so
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
3.5 STARS

Good easy romantic-erotica with a few fun quirks.
Louise
Oct 31, 2012 Louise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
well this was a fun read after a dark book smh...I love how they met...online gaming seriously haha...if that happens in real life I'm creeping out..so don't give infos to strangers even just a lil hint,Don't.. take note on that...
but luckily H/h made it perfect quite well...not knowing who they are behind the computer...then liking each other not knowing who she/he is...well damn...how can you not like a guy chatting with you with sexy words while playing scrabble, that will make me blush:)

Trav
Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
"The songs I played tonight, the ones I wrote-that's the music I want to make. You're my muse, Calli. For my music, for me, as a man. Everything's better since I met you."

QUICK THOUGHTS:
This book was fun and steamy from the get-go. I loved that Travis and Calli fell for each other over online Scrabble. Not only were they a little sweet and nerdy, they were like wildfire between the sheets. Whoo-wee! This book did not skimp on the sexy times.

I was plowing through this book at light-speed, complet
Vieira
This has been on my TBR list forever!! I am so happy I finally got to read it because I really liked it. Callie is scared to go out at night because something terrible happened to her in the dark. So she doesn't really have any friends or anyone to talk to except her sister which at the beginning I didn't really like but she was ok by the end of the book. She plays online scrabble and actually meets someone there. He finds her in real life and hit it off. Now if Travis weren't so dang hot and ...more
Serena
Oct 17, 2012 Serena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay. They are playing dirty anonymous online Scrabble. IT'S MY PERFECT BOOK. And I really love Karla's voice--it's funny and quick and simple but still sophisticated, which is not an easy feat. I found both characters sympathetic and believable--even though it would have been easy for her to let her heroine to fall into a "victim" role. The sex in this book (and her first, too) is crazy-hot. I had some mild credulity issues with some aspects of the plot, but they actually didn't cramp my ...more
N
May 16, 2014 N rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a very funny, witty, and steamy read! Travis & Calli's relationship was smoking hot!
I love those kinds of books where they meet online and fall in love in person! Just the kind if book I was looking for.
Ruthie Knox
Sep 08, 2012 Ruthie Knox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this sexy Scrabble story! Karla's got a great voice and a way with the steamy sex scenes. Enjoyed the characters all the way through. A few elements of plot kept it from being a five-star story for me, but I'll definitely be reading more from Doyle!
Dicina
Calli has been attacked two years ago and is scared now to go outside after dark. She has no social life whatsoever, except running her romance store with her sister, the very sexy Caitlin. She spends her nights in her appartment with her chihuahua Prince Charming and plays online Scrabble.
Travis is web designer by day and bassist in a rock band by night. He is tired of the meaningless encounters and easy lays and plays online Scrabble for the fun of it.
One night they play together and chat and
Malinda
This was a great story. Travis is a sexy, tattooed, scrabble playing musician and Callie is a sweet and slightly neurotic woman that owns a Romance shop (aka sex store)...how could you not love this couple?!?!?!

Seriously though, both leads in this story are great. Callie is a real sweetheart but she suffered a brutal attack near her apartment. Now she can't go out side after dark without full blown panic attacks. It doesn't help that the man that attacked her was never caught and could still be
Amelia
Sep 10, 2012 Amelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-romance, yummy, tattoo
Travis is the newest addition to my Fictional Men Harem, which incidentally is growing by leaps and bounds. There's just so many amazing fictional men out there in the book world!

I had to add him in because not only is he a rock star musician with tattoos who writes songs but he's also a wizard at scrabble, designs websites during his off hours AND has a cat!!! Men with cats - gets me everytime. I heart Travis.

Calli was also a wonderful character and slightly incongruous - she owns a `romance' s
Obsessed with book smex
Sep 06, 2012 Obsessed with book smex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epub
First off, let me say this:
Hottest. Scrabble game. Ever.

I enjoyed this book immensely, much more than I thought I would. The intimate moments were more than hot. Calli turned out to be much more passionate, and just plain sexual, than I thought, especially considering the trauma she'd been through. And with the issues she was struggling with, Travis seemed to have a lot more baggage than Calli. I think I perceived it that way because his issues seemed to be preventing the couple from moving for
Mandy
Jan 11, 2013 Mandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY SH*&%#$$%#T! I LOVED this book. Seriously, if Ms. Doyle wrote an adaptation of the phone book, I'd read it at this point.

It's smart and sexy and funny. Travis is scrumptious and the man knows how to talk during the sexytimes! Calli was hard to get at first but I understood why she was as hesitant as she was. Her self esteem was in the crapper and it was nice to see her very slowly come to realize she was attractive and loveable.

I loved this one... great story...solid story and even t
  • Indelibly Intimate
  • See Me
  • Breath on Embers
  • Ink Spots (Simple Need, #3)
  • Sinful Southern Ink (Sinful South, #1)
  • Louder Than Love (Love & Steel, #1)
  • Sheet Music (Covert Attractions, #1)
  • Deep Desires
  • A Very Naughty Xmas
  • The Sweetest Tattoo (Cabin Fever, #1)
  • A Needful Heart
  • Hell, Fire & Freedom (Fighting for Freedom, #1)
  • Butterfly Unpinned
  • Human Hieroglyphix (Human Hieroglyphix, #1)
  • Mugs of Love (Stories of Love #1)
  • Wyatt the Heartbreaker (Brothers Black #1)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Rockstar
Karla grew up in a small town on the shore of Lake Erie. She trained and worked in the fashion industry, designing and making everything from swimwear to dog collars for most of her adult life. Karla has since traded her needle and thread for a word processor, and now spends her time writing sexy romances. When she's not writing, she loves spending time with family, friends and her pets, as well ...more
More about Karla Doyle...

“{Calli} "I,uh... can you stop popping your pecs for thirty seconds and let me focus?"

{Travis} Busted. "Want me to turn around?"

{Calli} "As if that'll help. Your back is as hot as your front." Her eyes dropped to his low-slung jeans. "Well, almost." A little shake of her head and her eyes returned to his face. "God, I can't even remember what I was talking about.”
8 likes