Start by marking “Rex Mundi, Vol. 5: The Valley at the End of the World” as Want to Read:
Rex Mundi, Vol. 5: The Valley at the End of the World

Rex Mundi, Vol. 5: The Valley at the End of the World (Rex Mundi #5)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  156 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
As Lorraine's bloody crusade rages on, Julien spirals into an abyss of drunken despair. Genevieve has betrayed him, and he has lost hope of ever finding the Holy Grail. But Inquisitor Moricant hasn't given up, and he's hot on Julien's trail Little does Moricant know the power of the Church is crumbling in the face of the raging war. He isn't as safe as he believes. Meanwhi ...more
Published November 18th 2008 by Dark Horse (first published November 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Rex Mundi, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rex Mundi, Vol. 5

Rathhood
Jun 06, 2015 Rathhood rated it did not like it
Shelves: comic-book
I have no idea where good reviews are coming from. Did we read same book? Anyway ...

-vampires, werewolfs - that comes out of nowhere, soon Nelson will give us dragons, elfs and griffons (oh wait a second - he did!).

-war ended in such a ridiculous way, looks like writer had never read a history book in his life or even watch decent war movie. It's so stupid - it's insulting.

-'Grail' plot - wasn't much to begin with, now it's completely disintegrated in an ocean of idiocy.

-main characters (Sauni
Muireann
Jun 07, 2016 Muireann rated it it was ok
So silly, but I'm nearly finished so I might as well persevere. Now we have vampires and griffins, so it really is the kitchen sink.
The constant changing of Moricant's eye colour would be a clue or plot point in another book, but I'm pretty sure it's just one of the many, many mistakes.
Albert
Aug 19, 2014 Albert rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The plot keeps on moving the appropriate pace; great scene/double spread to end the book. The prologue story with vampires/werewolves was a little jarring. I realize this is a book with magic, golems, etc.; for some reason, I just found the werewolves and vampires to be out of place.
Peter
Jan 22, 2014 Peter rated it really liked it
Increasing weirdness, but also good pacing are making for a good climax to the story. This is well structured, which I find is often a flaw in graphic novels storytelling.
David Schwan
Feb 18, 2012 David Schwan rated it really liked it
The story line moves toward conclusion in this book. Dr. Saunière gets closer to finding the Grail and we learn that some people know more about his past (knowledge that even the Doctor is aware of). One other character shows us that they too will be key in the final book. The artwork seems better in this book.
Deborah
Jan 25, 2012 Deborah rated it really liked it
I absolutely love the story but can't help but be distracted by the constant changing of artists and the look of the characters and the story overall. Nevertheless, I loved it, can't wait for the next one. Oh, spoiler, this one introduces supernatural elements.
Kristopher
Jun 11, 2009 Kristopher rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, fiction
At the moment, this is the last Rex Mundi TPB. Love the expanding of scope and how Nelson slowly reveals new aspects of his world in each volume. Love the vampires. Not sure about the cliffhanger at the end, though.
Ryan Mishap
May 25, 2010 Ryan Mishap rated it really liked it
The penultimate collection turns almost everything around, introduces some new elements and generally is freakin' great. Creepy, inventive, violent, fascinating....
Jessica
Nov 21, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
Still really enjoying this series and I love the artwork and detail that goes into each volume.
Geralt9999
Geralt9999 rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Corey Timmins
Corey Timmins rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Kenneth Gitz
Kenneth Gitz rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Rajit
Rajit rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
Jason
Jason added it
May 28, 2016
Mariana
Mariana rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Tiger
Tiger rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Nich
Nich rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Joseph Cadotte
Joseph Cadotte rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Will Cooper
Will Cooper rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
John Muñoz
John Muñoz rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2016
Marcio Jardson
Marcio Jardson rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Robert Johnson
Robert Johnson marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
P T Flynn
P T Flynn rated it liked it
May 10, 2016
Pavlovsky
Pavlovsky rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Filip
Filip rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2015
  • A Watermelon, a Fish and a Bible
  • Sandman Mystery Theatre, Vol. 7: The Mist and the Phantom of the Fair
  • Battle Pope, Volume 2: Mayhem
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 13: Wilt
  • B.P.R.D., Vol. 14: King of Fear (B.P.R.D., #14)
  • Elephantmen, Vol. 3: Dangerous Liaisons
  • Catwoman, Vol. 1: Trail of the Catwoman
  • Captain Britain And MI13, Vol. 2: Hell Comes To Birmingham
Arvid Nelson is an American comic book writer, best known for the Rex Mundi series.
More about Arvid Nelson...

Rex Mundi (6 books)