Start by marking “Faith Is Not a Feeling: Choosing to Take God at His Word” as Want to Read:
Faith Is Not a Feeling: Choosing to Take God at His Word

Faith Is Not a Feeling: Choosing to Take God at His Word

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In 1976 the Big Thompson River flood in Colorado took 150 lives, including those of seven women on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ International. Deeply grieved by the loss, survivor Ney Bailey embraced a journey of faith that led her to a life-changing truth: No matter how things look and no matter how we feel, God is in control.

In Faith is Not a Feeling, Ney reveals
Published August 20th 2002 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about Faith Is Not a Feeling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith Is Not a Feeling

Elaine Mazzo
This was a wonderful book written by a woman who faced many challenges in her Christian life. One of the main things that I got from this book is that we "choose with our will" to obey the Lord. Our feelings do not need to override what we know is true. We have a choice and that choice trumps our feelings. Living in faith and trusting God is a choice we make. I would recommend this book for everyone!
Julie - Book Hooked Blog
This is one I go back to over and over in hard times. What an amazing testimony Ney has in so many areas of her life. It has motivated me to choose the Truth of God's Word over my feelings countless times - and will keep reminding me as I reread it!
stacey
Apr 20, 2007 stacey rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: goodstuff
This is an awesome book full of wonderful insight and truth. It's about learning that your emotions, while an important gift from God, must not determine what you believe about God and His unchangeable attributes. These truths have really changed my life.
Anna
Some personal stories about one woman's conflicts with how she thought she should feel versus her actual experiences. This encouraged me greatly when I read it during my summer project in Indianapolis in '02.
Belinda Letz
This is a great book to read after Loving God with all Your Mind by Elizabeth George.
Angelina
i finished this in one sitting, very uplifting.
Holly Stevenson
Holly Stevenson marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Taylor Yangas
Taylor Yangas marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Melissa Reed
Melissa Reed marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Kiley
Kiley is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
Sara
Sara added it
Mar 09, 2015
Tyler Pickett
Tyler Pickett marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Danyelle Shelton
Danyelle Shelton marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Megan Elizabeth
Megan Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Lillian Caster
Lillian Caster marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Callie Andra
Callie Andra marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Eli Alvarez
Eli Alvarez marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014