Start by marking “Faith Is Not a Feeling: Choosing to Take God at His Word” as Want to Read:
Faith Is Not a Feeling: Choosing to Take God at His Word

Faith Is Not a Feeling: Choosing to Take God at His Word

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
In 1976 the Big Thompson River flood in Colorado took 150 lives, including those of seven women on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ International. Deeply grieved by the loss, survivor Ney Bailey embraced a journey of faith that led her to a life-changing truth: No matter how things look and no matter how we feel, God is in control.

In Faith is Not a Feeling, Ney reveals
Published August 20th 2002 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about Faith Is Not a Feeling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith Is Not a Feeling

Jessica (Chronicles of a Book Nerd)
Because of the things I experienced in my childhood, trust is not something that comes naturally to me. A fact that often surprises people, especially when they remark on how many friends I have. Yes, I have always been social. Yes, I have always gotten along with a variety of people, and because of that, I have always had a large circle of friends. But I think many people would be surprised to find out how little they really know me. I can count on my fingers, and have plenty left over, the num ...more
Elaine Mazzo
Feb 13, 2014 Elaine Mazzo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
This was a wonderful book written by a woman who faced many challenges in her Christian life. One of the main things that I got from this book is that we "choose with our will" to obey the Lord. Our feelings do not need to override what we know is true. We have a choice and that choice trumps our feelings. Living in faith and trusting God is a choice we make. I would recommend this book for everyone!
Julie - Book Hooked Blog
This is one I go back to over and over in hard times. What an amazing testimony Ney has in so many areas of her life. It has motivated me to choose the Truth of God's Word over my feelings countless times - and will keep reminding me as I reread it!
stacey
Apr 20, 2007 stacey rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: goodstuff
This is an awesome book full of wonderful insight and truth. It's about learning that your emotions, while an important gift from God, must not determine what you believe about God and His unchangeable attributes. These truths have really changed my life.
Anna
Jun 03, 2009 Anna rated it really liked it
Some personal stories about one woman's conflicts with how she thought she should feel versus her actual experiences. This encouraged me greatly when I read it during my summer project in Indianapolis in '02.
Belinda Letz
Aug 08, 2008 Belinda Letz rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to read after Loving God with all Your Mind by Elizabeth George.
Angelina
Jul 05, 2009 Angelina rated it really liked it
i finished this in one sitting, very uplifting.
Nicole Wisniewski
Nicole Wisniewski marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Alex Morgan
Alex Morgan marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Leslie M
Leslie M rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Catie
Catie marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Jacob Stevens
Jacob Stevens marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Colleendearborn
Colleendearborn rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Gabriella
Gabriella marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Rachael
Rachael is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Susan
Susan added it
Jan 08, 2016
Apryl
Apryl rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Ali
Ali rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Laurel Murphy
Laurel Murphy marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Britty
Britty marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Meggie Wang
Meggie Wang is currently reading it
Dec 15, 2015
Nancy Boyd
Nancy Boyd rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015