Start by marking “Faith Is Not a Feeling: Choosing to Take God at His Word” as Want to Read:
Faith Is Not a Feeling: Choosing to Take God at His Word

Faith Is Not a Feeling: Choosing to Take God at His Word

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In 1976 the Big Thompson River flood in Colorado took 150 lives, including those of seven women on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ International. Deeply grieved by the loss, survivor Ney Bailey embraced a journey of faith that led her to a life-changing truth: No matter how things look and no matter how we feel, God is in control.

In Faith is Not a Feeling, Ney reveals...more
Published August 20th 2002 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about Faith Is Not a Feeling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith Is Not a Feeling

Elaine Mazzo
This was a wonderful book written by a woman who faced many challenges in her Christian life. One of the main things that I got from this book is that we "choose with our will" to obey the Lord. Our feelings do not need to override what we know is true. We have a choice and that choice trumps our feelings. Living in faith and trusting God is a choice we make. I would recommend this book for everyone!
Julie (julie37619)
This is one I go back to over and over in hard times. What an amazing testimony Ney has in so many areas of her life. It has motivated me to choose the Truth of God's Word over my feelings countless times - and will keep reminding me as I reread it!
stacey
Apr 20, 2007 stacey rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: goodstuff
This is an awesome book full of wonderful insight and truth. It's about learning that your emotions, while an important gift from God, must not determine what you believe about God and His unchangeable attributes. These truths have really changed my life.
Anna
Some personal stories about one woman's conflicts with how she thought she should feel versus her actual experiences. This encouraged me greatly when I read it during my summer project in Indianapolis in '02.
Belinda Letz
This is a great book to read after Loving God with all Your Mind by Elizabeth George.
Angelina
i finished this in one sitting, very uplifting.
Callie Andra
Callie Andra marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Eli Alvarez
Eli Alvarez marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Natalii
Natalii marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Stefani Leung
Stefani Leung marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Eileen Raffile
Eileen Raffile marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Melissa McAvoy
Melissa McAvoy marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Mookie J
Mookie J marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Ian
Ian added it
Nov 29, 2013
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013