Start by marking “Set Your Voice Free: How To Get The Singing Or Speaking Voice You Want” as Want to Read:
Set Your Voice Free: How To Get The Singing Or Speaking Voice You Want

Set Your Voice Free: How To Get The Singing Or Speaking Voice You Want

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  5 reviews
With innovative techniques and enjoyable exercises that have worked wonders with his professional clients, the internationally acclaimed vocal coach demonstrates how to carry a tune, expand vocal range, and speak with ease, confidence, and effectiveness. Illustrations.
Published August 15th 2003 by Little, Brown and Company (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Set Your Voice Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Set Your Voice Free

Pete
I was looking up something in this book I've had for over 10 years, and re-read the entire book.

This one for me was inspiring and taught me tricks to power up my voice and add an ocatave. Key instruction in this practice practice practice and try for more control.

I loved this book, again.
Simon
A very interesting book all about the human voice and how we (ab)use it and how to free it up. The book includes a CD of exercises and you really feel your throat being used in ways you are not used to! I used the CD in the car and if you ignore the strange looks by fixing a glassy-eyed stare straight ahead, you can have loads of fun!
Russell
The part on breathing is excellent (that's why my teacher recommended it): breathing and singing must be effortless! I learned one other important tip: drinking lots of water is very important for the voice. Also, switching between singing and speaking improves both singing and speaking. Otherwise, a lot of the exercises I'd seen before.
Bryan Smith
I may still sound terrible, but I am one of the loudest people you will ever meet. Blame this book if you wish. For the experienced: Good breathing techniques and exercises, a few old wive's tales about mucous, and a lot of old standards.
Andrea
I haven't read it all yet. One of those books I dip into when I have a quiet moment alone but so far I've found it very effective. I'm already feeling more confident about my warbling.
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Marlyn Ruiz
Marlyn Ruiz is currently reading it
May 23, 2015
Ayua Jerry
Ayua Jerry marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
MINDAUGAS
MINDAUGAS marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Bella
Bella is currently reading it
Apr 24, 2015
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Dada
Dada marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Heidi DuPree
Heidi DuPree is currently reading it
Apr 16, 2015
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Madeleine
Madeleine marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
H
H marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Deep Conversion, Deep Prayer
  • The Temperament God Gave You: The Classic Key to Knowing Yourself, Getting Along with Others, and Growing Closer to the Lord
  • Unbound: A Practical Guide to Deliverance from Evil Spirits
  • It's the Way You Say It: Becoming Articulate, Well-Spoken, and Clear
  • Almost Christian: What the Faith of Our Teenagers Is Telling the American Church
  • Forming Intentional Disciples: The Path to Knowing and Following Jesus
  • Consoling the Heart of Jesus: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat- Inspired by the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
  • Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies
  • Interior Freedom
  • The Hidden Power of Kindness: A Practical Handbook for Souls Who Dare to Transform the World, One Deed at a Time
  • Make Yourself Unforgettable: How to Become the Person Everyone Remembers and No One Can Resist
  • Self-Discipline in 10 Days: How to Go from Thinking to Doing
  • 7 Day Focusing Plan
  • The Improv Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Improvising in Comedy, Theatre, and Beyond
  • The Joy of the Gospel: Evangelii Gaudium
  • Love and Salt: A Spiritual Friendship Shared in Letters
  • Loose Ends
  • 17 Lies That Are Holding You Back and the Truth That Will Set You Free
Roger Love's Vocal Power: Speaking with Authority, Clarity and Conviction Love Your Voice: Use Your Speaking Voice to Create Success, Self-Confidence, and Star-Like Charisma! Sing Like the Stars Pop/Rock Warm-Ups: Piano/Conductor's Score, Conductor Score Vocal Power: Speaking with Authority , Clarity and Conviction Guidebook