Start by marking “Gracie, the Public Gardens Duck” as Want to Read:
Gracie, the Public Gardens Duck

Gracie, the Public Gardens Duck

Gracie has a nice, comfortable life in the Public Gardens. Her days are full of swimming in lakes and fountains, napping in bushes, and gobbling up the delicious treats that the visitors to the park bring especially for her. One day Gracie's people stop bringing her food, and to fill-up she has to turn to duck food! Despite herself, she starts to enjoy it.
Judith Meyrick
Published September 1st 2007 by Nimbus Publishing (CN) (first published May 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Gracie, the Public Gardens Duck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gracie, the Public Gardens Duck

Canadian Children's Book Centre
Children love feeding ducks at the park. So how can we get across the message that feeding wild animals isn’t necessarily a good idea? Enter, with a loud quack, Gracie, The Public Gardens Duck. Only the message that the charismatic fictional waterfowl wants to communicate is “feed the ducks.” When she discovers that a new sign instructs park visitors to refrain from giving handouts, Gracie performs a little graffiti. However, the Man in the Black Suit and other visitors are not fooled by the alt ...more
JustOneMoreBook.com
With spring upon us and green spaces awash with waddling waterfowl, this humourous account of an outraged donation-dependent duck provides an entertaining reminder of why we resist the temptation to feed our feathered friends.

You can listen in on our chat about this book on our Just One More Book! Children's Book Podcast.
Phoenix
Phoenix rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2012