Start by marking “Kiss an Angel” as Want to Read:
Kiss an Angel

Kiss an Angel

4.21  ·  Rating Details ·  33,400 Ratings  ·  2,111 Reviews
Pretty, flighty Daisy Devreaux can either go to jail or marry the mystery man her father has chosen for her. Arranged marriages don't happen in the modern world, so how did the irrepressible Daisy find herself in this fix?

Alex Markov, as humorless as he is deadly handsome, has no intention of playing the loving bridegroom to a spoiled little featherhead with champagne tast
Mass Market Paperback, 373 pages
Published 1996 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Kiss an Angel, please sign up.

Kristi Weldon I wouldn't give it to a teenager, but I would have read it as one.

5,000 CIRCUS STARS!!!!!!

You HAVE to read this book!!! Please. I’m begging you, fellow readers.

image

This is not your typical story. This is not your typical book. This is a story that you have never read….trust me. It is anything BUT typical.

Love the idea of a black and white photo of vintage circus tents

The story begins with an arranged marriage. No, it’s not set in the medieval times. It’s a modern arranged marriage. Say what?! I know. It seems off-putting at first. But we quickly get to know Alex and Daisy, and the reason for the arranged marriage takes an app
Lisa
Oct 06, 2015 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

description

Kiss an Angel was my first Susan Elizabeth Phillips book and it may be my last. I am usually pretty easy to please when it comes to what I choose to read. I don’t often dislike books that I read. Further, I really hate it when a book rubs me the wrong way. Alas, that is what happened with this book. I did not connect with either the hero or the heroine and I came away from reading the story not liking either character very much. I realize that I am in the minority when it comes to my opinion reg
valee
May 08, 2011 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you know that feeling when you have just finished a book you adored but you just can't figure out how to express that on your review? Well that's exactly what happened to me but I'll do my best to try to explain it to you all.

This was my favorite book from this author, I even liked it more than the Chicago stars series and I already had adored that series, I gave 5 stars to most of the books in it. But it was so different this time. I couldn't put the book down, that's how FREAKING amazing it
Anna's Ramblings ☘ ͏͏
4.5 STARS

More than 31,000 ratings and almost 1,900 reviews. What can I possibly say more? Except that I LOVED IT!!!

QUICK REVIEW:

Humor: 4/5
Depth of the book: 5/5
POV: multiple, 3rd person
Triggers: (view spoiler)
Books with similar theme: Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2) by L.H. Cosway, The Traveling Man (Traveling, #1) by
Val ⚓️ Shameless & Bitchy Skanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads Mrs. Danvers-Tate-Snow
I can't believe I'm about to read this because I LOATHE everything about the circus and I usually avoid any books involving them.

I had a bad childhood experience at the circus and ever since then they've creeped me the fuck out.

description

But I trust SEP, so I'm going against my gut here...
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
OMG...I cant even...This love story just blew me away.....
description
"I don't love you anymore,Alex."
"It's alright sweetheart.I love you enough for the both of us."

description

KISS AN ANGEL is a beautiful love story that revolves around two broken & loney souls,both vulnerable and lost in their own ways...

Honestly speaking,this book surprised me in more ways than one.I mean with its chic-lite cover,and the book's subtle summary.I had no clue,how emotional this book would really turn out to be.

The characters
Karen
Mar 08, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS
 photo poziruy-fine-art-02.jpg

Seriously.. I’m speechless.. LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!!!!
It’s official! I am hopelessly in love with Susan Elizabeth Phillips! What a wonderful and endearing story this was. I was glued to the pages from start to finish with a stupid silly grin on my face the whole time. In fact, I can’t help smiling now as I’m writing this review. Just thinking back over the story, makes me want to pick the book up and start in all over again.

The characters were absolutely fantastic. The dialogue was g
Karla

Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 1/2 Fun time Stars!! I didn't just love this book; I'm in love with it!!

Admittedly when I started to read this I thought this was not going to work for me. Boy was I ever wrong!!! Even with the over-the-top unrealistic circumstances that surrounded the characters, this book STOLE MY HEART!! Daisy, oh my goodness, talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve, she did everything… everything out of love!! She was one of the sweetest, kindest, most determined
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 beautiful, brilliant stars!

“Don't dare a person who has nothing else left to lose.”

It's official! I'm hooked! I'm the newest SEPPIE Fan Girl!

I loved this story! Alex and Daisy are all kinds of amazing. I laughed, I sobbed, I sighed, I fanned myself...

My only problem with the story is that it ended.

Thank you to my lovely friends whose ravings made read this author. What do I read next???
Inés Izal
Doy gracias a Dios por habernos dado a SEP y que esta nos haya regalado este libro.
description
No sé las veces que lo habré releído, pero siempre me emociona y conquista en las mismas partes.

“-Esta noche no, Daisy. Te necesito.”

Es un libro maravilloso, con una historia de amor que a las románticas como yo las hace sufrir hasta el final. Alex y Daisy te enganchan a sus páginas, y hacen que te enamores del circo en el que viven, junto con todos los animales que hay allí dentro.

Daisy es toda inocencia, dulzura
Mo
Jul 05, 2016 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fucking loved it. Loved it. Alex is a jerk, a fucking major jerk. But ... yes, his childhood was shitty. Let's give him some space.

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy. I love you.

Tater. I love you too.

Sheba. You are a bit of cunt.

“But I don't love you, Daisy, and you can't begin to know how sorry I am about that because if I could chose anyone in this world to love, it'd be you.”

My expectations are so high for the new SEP book due out in August. I sure hope it lives up to my expectations.

Amy (Foxy)
KISS AN ANGEL published 18 years ago

Daisy has finally pushed her dad to his breaking point. Spending all her deceased mother’s money and racking up debt has lead her father to give her one last chance. This last chance involves marrying a stranger and staying “happily” married to him for 6 months which after her time is up she can divorce him and collect a trust fund. Sounds easy enough?!?!

Alex is a strict Russian who has agreed to marry Daisy because of a debt he owes her father. To break Daisy
Ingela
Written September 14, 2013

5 Glimmering Huge Stars - Amazing, wonderful, sentimental, romantic... just the best kind of romance - simply a story that must be read - and now belongs to my top shelf

I'm in love! In love... In this wonderful story. Therefore, this is an exuberant, completely one-sided tribute review and must be read with an ounce of sanity. Because I never want to stop and will say again and again in different ways how much I love this book. Please be patient!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

♥Sharon♥
Jul 10, 2015 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been a lazy day for me. I didn’t do much other than read and lounge outside in the sun. So I am going to continue with my laziness and provide you with a short and sweet review.

Susan Elizabeth Phillips rocks! Now that I have read and loved enough of her books I have put her on the dreaded author pedestal. I know I shouldn’t but I have and thankfully I absolutely adored Kiss an Angel from start to finish.

I won’t go on and on about the characters or the plot simply because there are a few
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Oct 11, 2015 Zakirrah BookBlogger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Brilliant, Beautiful, Amazing Stars!

Okay I bloody loved this book! It was just amazing and I know that I will deffo be re-reading this one day because that's how good it was..Anddd into my favourites it goes ;)

Do you want a funny yet moving, gripping, awesome read? Yeah? GO READ THIS BOOK NOW! :D

I loved how different this book was to the normal cliche books I seem to keep picking up.this book evoked emotion, laughter, joy, sadness and much more.I was taken on a journey and I got lost in the
MBR
5++++ Stars Contemporary Romance

This is the third time I have read this book, and I would have to say that the story of Alex and Daisy never gets old. Its a beautiful love story with a strong cast of characters, each playing a vital role to make this story a worthwhile read.

Alex Markov was rescued by Daisy’s father Max when he was twelve years old from the constant physical abuse he was facing under his uncle Sergey. Max had bought Alex from his uncle and seen to his education. Alex had shaped
 Kate
+++1 star for writing and second for scenes with tiger. Thats all.+++

I still cant fully decide how im feeling about this book. First i want to say that when i started i was thinking that it wasnt what i was expecting because of that cover, i thought that it really needed a change because it was quite good, BUT than i found out that this book definitely doesnt need different cover, its really what you can see in that picture - stupid naive little girl who let people walking over her.
She was mani
Yolanda
Sep 25, 2016 Yolanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adoro este libro.
Me encanta la SEP y lo sabéis, disfruté muchísimo la primera vez que leí este libro y esta 2ª vez lo he disfrutado todavía más.
Adoro a Daisy y a Alex más que la primera vez (si es que se puede).
Para mi, fue, ha sido y será uno de esos viajes inolvidables que haré una y mil veces. Una historia de esas que considero un regalo, una delicia que se queda conmigo.
AleJandra
*****5 Tu, yo y el circo STARS*****
description

Según mi perfil de Goodreas tengo 431 libros pendientes por leer. Y cada día la lista aumenta más y más. Lo bueno de esto es que nunca me quedo sin material de lectura, al terminar de leer un libro ya tengo en frente otro. Lo negativo es, que en entre tantos libros algunos títulos quedan en el fondo, o simplemente olvidados. Como es el caso de este libro.

A primera vista la portada y título del libro me parecieron aburridos, así que lo empecé a leer solamente
Lady Heather

I finished this book late last night because:

a) I couldn't put it down, and
b) I had to see if Alex would finally redeem himself after being such a selfish shit!

... needless to say that all is well in the land of HEA's, and I was finally able to sleep after a rather gut-wretching, nerve-wracking, nail-biting reading experience...*yay*.. just the type of book I needed to read!

I don't think the author could have written a more despicable, cold, and hateful character. Alex Markov was so wrapped up
La Narradora
Fantástico!! Esta autora me ha conquistado plenamente con esta historia. Una trama romántica ambientada en el circo convierte esta novela en algo muy especial y original. Dos protagonistas que se hacen querer desde el primer momento, que sufren una evolución increíble que te deja todo el rato con ganas de leer más y más. Una Daisy dulce y buena que lucha contra sus miedos y acaba convirtiéndose en la guardiana de unos animales que ven la bondad incluso más que las personas. Me ha encantado cada ...more
Didi
EDIT: 27/05/14

2 STARS

This is a difficult review to write because there wasn't anything necessarily wrong with this book, it just didn't wow me like other CR. The circus background was different and nice for a change, the story of finding love in the least likely of places and discovering your life was always meant for bigger things was sweet too.

I liked Alex, and not just because he was an asshole. Let me clarify: I don't like assholes by default. The typical jerk-type assholes who are dicks j
Pam Jaramillo
Oct 19, 2016 Pam Jaramillo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 estrellitras + un pedacito mi corazón
Ame mucho este libro y por alguna razón que todavía desconozco, termine con lágrimas en los ojos.

Antes de comenzar quiero contarles un poco mi historia con este libro... porque si, tengo una historia con el. Supe de la existencia de el desde hace muchísimo tiempo, lo descargue en Pdf y me olvide completamente de él. Hace unos días me encontré con esta frase en Facebook.

Y me lo leí en menos de 4 días durante las madrugadas (Considerando que tenía que lev
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is rapidly becoming one of my go-to authors. More and more these days I’m finding that contemporary romances and erotica have characters or plots so similar they become one big blur. What a treat it is to read Ms. Phillips’ older books. Some of them, such as Kiss an Angel, were written nearly two decades ago. Not only do they stand the test of time, they give the new kids on the block a run for their money. Every story and each character is so distinctly differe
Chantal ❤️
After rereading this book I lowered my rating on this book to a 2.5 as I still love the Tigers and the emotional scenes but I totally forgot how badly the hero treated and humiliated and raped the heroine. For some reason I had a black out on this until I reread it last month. It was not a comfortable read and it was not safe.
Many triggers and no groveling made me mad.
It was still a very well written book just not a great story.

-------------original review------------------
Omg this was one am
♕Miss A♕
When I first read Kiss an Angel I was highly disappointed. I don't know why it bugged me so much. Honestly, I just didn't like the hero or the heroine in this book. The hero is no hero. He is abusive, explosive, and a complete douchebag. He treated the heroine horribly. Daisy starts out an awesome heroine and turns into a doormat.

SEP books I recommend: Natural Born Charmer, This Heart Of Mine, Honey Moon, Lady Be Good, Ain't She Sweet and Call Me Irresistible.
Kat
Mar 22, 2014 Kat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"No importa, cariño. Yo tengo suficiente amor por los dos."

Jamas, jamas había encontrado un libro que me enterneciera, me enamorara y me hiciera llorar de pura alegría y tristeza, como este. Oh Dios mío, ¿cómo retrase tanto la lectura?

Es el libro mas hermoso que leeré jamas.

description

Daisy fue un personaje que amé y adoré. Su desarrollo en el libro me enamoró, dejo de ser una chica tan insegura, tan inocente, seguía siendo ingenua pero, joder, si no era adorable, y comenzó a ser valiente y a plantar cara.
Michelle Bet
Leído para el 2016 Reading Challenge. Reto: #21. Recomendado por un miembro de tu familia. y A-Z Challenge: K

Terminé Kiss an Angel en la madruga y lo encontré muy bueno. Pero ahora, después de un sueño reponedor y pensándolo mejor, la verdad es que me gusta y mucho.

description

La relación de Daisy y Alex comienza muy rara, y es obvio, son dos personas que se les obligó a casarse con apenas unos días de ser presentados. Cada uno tiene una impresión del otro mala, pero de apoco se van conociendo y así ir ca
bells ♡
Dec 02, 2016 bells ♡ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ¡Todo el mundo!
Re-leído el 3 de diciembre de 2016.

Sigue siendo una maravilla.

_________

Es la... ¿quinta? Sí, creo que ya es la quinta vez que leo este libro y es increíble cómo sigue haciéndome reír, llorar y enfadarme como si fuera la primera vez.
La relación entre Alex y Daisy me enamora cada vez y, ciertamente, me rompe el corazón un poquito.

description

Lo que más me deleita cada vez que releo este maravilloso libro es el cambio que se produce en Alex. Es algo hermoso y desgarrador de ver.

«No soy uno de esos cínicos que
Paige  Bookdragon
description

I'm feeling lazy today guys, so excuse me if this is will turn out as a half-assed review :)

I won't give away spoilers but here's what I think about this book.

This is my first Susan Elizabeth Phillips read and let's just say that I will be reading a lot of her works in the future. Lately, I notice that most (romance) books that are circulating in my feeds are all the same.

example 1: Tortured hero with a dark past and a heroine who is either timid or feisty.They have awesome, mind-blowing sex