Start by marking “90 Classic Books for People in a Hurry” as Want to Read:
90 Classic Books for People in a Hurry

90 Classic Books for People in a Hurry

This book is about the greatest books in the world. All of them culty classics and books you have to have read. If you haven't, now's your chance to read them all at once. If you have you can read them again and see what you remember. In four illustrated squares we give you the entire story, a sort of distilled novel, so you can read 80 books in a couple of hours. It is gr ...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Nicotext

To ask other readers questions about 90 Classic Books for People in a Hurry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 90 Classic Books for People in a Hurry

K.D. Absolutely
Jul 02, 2012 K.D. Absolutely rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Jzhunagev
Shelves: funny, comics
Herink Lange is a Swedish comic strip artist. He read 90 classic books and he summarized each book into 4 illustrated squares with short, witty texts. The books include thick ones like Ulysses, One Hundred Years of Solitude, The Holy Bible, In Search of Lost Time, The Golden Notebook and the whole trilogy of The Lord of the Rings. For you to fully appreciate the book, it is better if you've read many of them. The reason is that imagine you've spent days, weeks or months reading a certain book an ...more
Sheziss
This could also be called "90 Classic Books for Lazy People" because that's me. I don't feel inclined to read a classic (school is responsible for this) and this unwillingness encouraged me to read this book, which is also a comic, so supposedly easy to finish and fun.

The book is ok, not overly hilarious, not boring, either. Two pages for each novel. But the author definitely didn't take all the advantage he should have. There were vignettes that could have been much better, as simply as that. I
Jessica
Sep 10, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing
As a librarian, one would assume that I have read all the classics-Tolstoy, Dickens, Twain...etc. I hate to break it to you, but I am not an expert on these. This book however really gets down to the general gist of 90 classic books. The summaries are told in 4 celled comic book panels which make it even EASIER! And even better, the author takes a satirical somewhat sarcastic approach that is quite fun to read. Can't get much better than this.
Austin Gullett
Feb 24, 2017 Austin Gullett rated it liked it
I liked the idea of summarizing hard-to-read classics in four-panel comics, but our author insists on making weird anti-millennial and pop culture jokes l. Maybe this is to put classics in contemporary contexts, but it more or less just makes them feel like average newspaper funnies. Sometimes the situational humor and the humor derived from over-simplifying complex plots shines through. I think this serves as a good model for, maybe, like, book reports? Or something?
Trevor
Sep 30, 2009 Trevor rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix
This is now my #1 reader's advisory resource...

...I am kidding...but I do know the beginnings and ends to a bunch of literary works I haven't read that I will probably never get around to reading!
Robin
Oct 24, 2009 Robin rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2009
The text was occasionally amusing, but the drawings were bland and lacking in variety. I probably would not have stuck with it to the end had it not been the only book with me at the time.
Henriette Haugli
Litt for simpelt. Skjønner at det var meningen at det skulle gå kjapt, men han kunne fint laget et par tegneserieruter til per bok.
Geordie
Nov 09, 2012 Geordie rated it did not like it
This book describes 90 famous books all distilled down to four cartoon panels. It's a fairly clever idea, unfortunately it is executed so terribly that reading it is an exercise in painfully wasted time. The author has little talent for description, and miserable talent at comedy. And yes, almost every book, no matter the genre, is described in an unpalatable attempt at humor. The cliches are stale, the jokes are juvenile, and the descriptions are really, well, pointless. After a while I began t ...more
Heli
Kirjan lähtökohta on mainio: yhdeksänkymmentä enemmän tai vähemmän tunnettua klassikkoa esitettynä muutaman ruudun sarjakuvina. Siksi pettymys on sitä suurempi, kun pikku sarjakuvat eivät tarjoa suuria elämyksiä tai yllätyksiä. Piirrosjälki ei ole erityisen persoonallinen, eikä aina ole selvää, pyritäänkö sarjakuvissa referoimaan vai ironisoimaan alkuperäisteoksia. Idea kantaisi paljonkin pitemmälle.

Sarjakuvat klassikoista ovat varmasti hauskoja kirjallisuudenopetuksen elävöittäjiä. Oppilaat voi
Beth
Aug 06, 2009 Beth rated it really liked it
This was a pretty entertaining book. I think it would have been even MORE entertaining if I had actually read some of the books. On some of them, I did wish for a little more synopsis, but I guess I should go google it or actually read the damn thing. Anywho, my three favorite comics were First Blood, Dracula, and the Bible. All three made me laugh out loud (which doesn't happen often). Good for a quick read... and a way to avoid reading some classics!
K.
Feb 02, 2017 K. rated it did not like it
1.5 stars.

Ho-hum. Disappointing. Not every comic needed to be hilarious and pithy, but definitely some of them should have been! There's also a handful of errors that make it worse - honestly, misspelling Ford Prefect's name? For shame.
Karen Grage
Jun 24, 2015 Karen Grage rated it really liked it
It was all it was advertised to be, classic books (although I'd like to know who decided on the list) quick and easy (and from the author's humorous perspective). I really enjoyed the synopsis of the books I had already read and actually found a couple for ones I hadn't read interesting enough to want to try the book. Fun and easy read.
Amy
Jul 08, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Hilarious graphic novel about 90 classic books. There is a page per book and the plots are described in great detail within that page. I laughed out loud!
Deborah Simionato
Nov 20, 2013 Deborah Simionato rated it liked it
Witty and funny, even better if you have read the actual novels.
InformationSuperhero
Jan 06, 2017 InformationSuperhero rated it did not like it
Shelves: gn
I was looking forward to this book as I am not a "classics" fan. I have issue with the definition. Anyways I do read "classics" in GN form as I will not invest the time to read the novel (We only have so many pages in life. Make them count).

I thought this would be a good way to get the gist of a few books I know I'll never read otherwise. Well boourns. I was disappointed. I think poor use of format and planning were the books main problem.

The book is the size of a standard paperback. Each book
Rodrigo Salgado
De manera resumida, siempre que se relata una obra no se hacen más que pequeños recortes de su argumento, se realiza una disección de lo leído. A fin de cuentas, se toma una decisión respecto a lo dicho. Tal que el collage que se ve no sea nada más que formado con trozos de una obra mayor, monumental, y cerrada en sí misma.

«90 clásicos de la literatura para gente con prisas» se lee en un fracción ínfima del tiempo necesario, digo: del tiempo necesario para leerse siquiera una de las obras conten
Dieleserin
Jan 22, 2012 Dieleserin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Es gibt bestimmte Bücher, die ordnet man in die Kategorie Weltliteratur ein. Weltliteratur? Was ist das eigentlich? Wikipedia sagt das:

„Zur Weltliteratur werden Werke gezählt, die über nationale und regionale Grenzen hinweg große Verbreitung gefunden haben und die gleichzeitig als für die Weltbevölkerung bedeutsam erachtet werden.“

Jedenfalls gibt es diese Bücher, bei denen behauptet wird, dass man sie gelesen haben muss. Sicherlich, es gibt viele Bücher die sich zu lesen lohnen. Aber das Prädik
Krittina
Nov 27, 2014 Krittina rated it liked it
Shelves: fun, comic
Szorongás!

90classicbooks_000790classicbooks_001190classicbooks_000190classicbooks_000890classicbooks_000090classicbooks_000990classicbooks_000290classicbooks_000490classicbooks_001390classicbooks_000590classicbooks_001490classicbooks_000690classicbooks_001290classicbooks_001590classicbooks_001090classicbooks_0003
Bekah Abreu
Sep 03, 2016 Bekah Abreu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quadrinhos
Ei, pessoal! Tudo ok?

Consegui esse livro/quadrinhos numa ótima troca do ‘skoob’. Como já tinha lido outro nesse estilo (mesmo autor), mas sobre filmes e amei demais, resolvi encontrar o dos livros e ler.

A estrutura é basicamente, numa página, todas as informações do livro e na outra, quatro quadrinhos resumindo toda a obra. Fascinante, né?! Como alguém consegui resumir uma obra toda em apenas quatro quadrinhos? Uma imaginação foda, um humor acido e um sarcasmo de outro planeta.

Com obras clássi
Larissa Reeden
Jan 19, 2013 Larissa Reeden rated it it was amazing
Leia outras resenhas em www.inspirationbox.com.br

Uma das minhas citações favoritas é de Mark Twain, “…um clássico é um livro que as pessoas admiram, mas não leem.”

Clássicos, se tornaram clássicos por algum motivo, mas a não ser que você seja Charlie ou Pat (protagonistas de As Vantagens de Ser Invisível e O Lado Bom da Vida, respectivamente), você nunca vai achar uma motivação boa o suficiente para ler a maioria deles, mas esse livro pode mudar a sua vida (ou não).

Brincadeiras a parte, 90 Livro
I checked this book out on a lark because, really? Look at the cover. The premise is that Lange will sum up for you 90 classic books you should have read. (And really, don't read this if you don't like spoilers. Of course.) In comic form. Each book gets one page, four frames. And for most? The title is the only thing in the first frame, leaving only three frames to tell the story. It's really pretty amazing he gets anything done at all.

But the premise is false. This is not a book for people who
Lobo
Apr 02, 2015 Lobo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ennek a könyvnek a koncepciója és a külseje, nagyon megtetszett. Foglaljuk össze max. 1 oldalon, 4 kockában híres regények tartalmát képregényben. Mindezt fűszerezük humorral. Hol lehet itt tévedni?

Nos, mivel 90 mű van benne, 1 oldalon és 4 képregénykockában, kb. fél óra alatt át lehet lapozni és elgondolkozni azon, hogy bírom-e én ezt a fajta humort. Nos, meg kell mondanom, hogy nem. Volt ugyan 1-2 regényismertetés, ami jóra sikerült, de a legtöbbje nem igazán jött be. Ráadásul pontatlan volt,
Stacy
Nov 05, 2013 Stacy rated it really liked it
Have you ever wanted to know what people were talking about when they discussed a classic novel like Moby Dick? Well, now there’s no need to waste your time reading the behemoth novel, just pick up this book to find out what happens. In 3 frames!! Yes, every one of these classics is covered in 3 frames. Some are funny, some are serious, and all left me feeling smarter than when I started.

I warn you that it is addicting which is okay since it won’t take long at all to flip through 90 pag
Veronika
Velmi nevyvážené. Některé charakteristiky jsou vskutku zdařilé a vtipné (např. Pí a jeho život, Odysseus či Pýcha a předsudek), jiné slabé a trapné.

Anotace na zadní straně knihy praví: "Výtečná pomůcka pro všechny nadšené čtenáře, které mrzí, že nemohou přečíst všechny knihy světa, i pro nečtenáře, kterým je to srdečně fuk a nechtějí se čtením ztrácet čas." Takle tato kniha (naštěstí) fungovat nemůže. Nezasvěcenému čtenáři neřeknou třípolíčkové stripy vůbec nic, aby se člověk pobavil, musí mít
Raquel Curvacheiro
Os resumos são básicos e, muitas vezes, super incomplectos (o de D. Quixote, por exemplo, não faz qualquer referência a essa grande personagem que foi Sancho Pança), mas bastante divertidos.
No entanto tenham cuidado ao lê-los pois podem estragar-vos o final de um livro. No resumo de "Convite para a morte", por exemplo (um excelente livro da Dama do Crime, Agatha Christie, que fez as minhas delícias quando tinha cerca de 12 anos), os autores apontam quem é o assassino da história (o que, diga-se
Plucino
Jun 26, 2012 Plucino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Novanta titoli; per ogni titolo:
-una prima vignetta - che non conta perché c'è solo il titolo;
-tre vignette fulminanti per descrivere umoristicamente il romanzo.

I titoli sono scelti fra i Grandi Classici (Il maestro e Margherita, Orgoglio e Pregiudizio ecc.) oppure successi degli ultimi anni (Il nome della rosa, L'ombra del vento) o libri forse meno noti ma di cui è diventato noto il film (Primo Sangue=Rambo, ecc.).

Prendiamo "Primo Sangue".
1.Rambo è un reduce del Vietnam fuori di testa.
2.Distrug
Mips
Jun 15, 2010 Mips rated it liked it
LOL! Wat een hilarisch concept is dit nu weer!
90 bekende klassiekers werden kort en krachtig samengevat in 4 grappige graphics. Bestemd voor mensen die kampen met een nijpend tijdsgebrek of gewoon voor kereltjes die van boeken houden.
En ok, ze zijn niet allemaal even geslaagd, maar er zitten er best grappige tussen.
Deze vond ik persoonlijk de beste:
- De alchemist (Coelho)
- Alice in Wonderland (Lewis Carroll)
- American Psycho (Bret Easton Ellis)
- Dood in Venetië (Thomas Mann)
- Drie mannen in een
Marek
Aug 13, 2012 Marek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-czech, comics
Jane Austen - Pýcha a předsudek

Světem panuje skálopevné přesvědčení, že svobodný muž, který má slušné jmění, se neobejde bez ženušky.

Darcy je měl stejně rád jako Elizabeth a oba si vždy s vřelou vděčností uvědomovali, jak jsou jim zavázáni za to, že ji přivezli do Derbyshiru, a tím způsobili, že se nakonec našli.

1. Když se dva mladí, bohatí, svobodní mládenci, Bingley a Darcy, nastěhují do vesnice Meryton, je zaděláno na problémy.
2. Darcy požádá Elizabeth o ruku, ale ona odmítne, jelikož je n
Dita Murinová
90 klasických knih převedených do 3 okýnek komiksu.

Na každé stránce máme první a poslední větu knihy a potom 4 okýnka komiksu s tím, že první okýnko je název knihy. Některé jsou vtipné, jiné zas méně. Každopádně si nemyslím, že je to kniha pro někoho, kdo nemá čas číst klasické knihy. Jestli z toho totiž někdo chce něco mít, měl by alespoňˇtrochu vědět o co go. Já osobně jsem se nejvíc zasmála u knih, které jsem četla, protože mi přišlo vtipné, jak to autor převedl.

Takže asi tak - 3 hvězdičky
  • Y is for Yorick: A Slightly Irreverent Shakespearean ABC Book for Grown-Ups
  • Books Do Furnish a Room
  • Change de camp (Joséphine, #3)
  • Sorted Books
  • Book Finds: How to Find, Buy, and Sell Used and Rare Books
  • The Best of the Rejection Collection: 293 Cartoons That Were Too Dumb, Too Dark, or Too Naughty for The New Yorker
  • The New Yorker Book of Literary Cartoons
  • Bizarre Books
  • Why We Read What We Read: A Delightfully Opinionated Journey Through Bestselling Books
  • Born to Be a Larve (Notes, #1)
  • Women Who Read Are Dangerous
  • J'aurais adoré être ethnologue
  • Thug Notes: A Street-Smart Guide to Classic Literature
  • Women Who Love Books Too Much: Bibliophiles, Bluestockings & Prolific Pens from the Algonquin Hotel to the YA-YA Sisterhood
  • The Word Made Flesh: Literary Tattoos from Bookworms Worldwide