Start by marking “Beyond the Wall: Personal Experiences with Autism and Asperger Syndrome” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Wall: Personal Experiences with Autism and Asperger Syndrome

Beyond the Wall: Personal Experiences with Autism and Asperger Syndrome

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This honest, courageous book, written by a person with high-functioning autism and Asperger Syndrome, offers so much more than the traditional autobiography. Drawing on personal and professional experience, Stephen Shore, who is currently completing his doctoral degree in special education, combines three voices to create a touching and, at the same time, highly informativ ...more
Paperback, Second Edition, 214 pages
Published January 1st 2003 by Autism Asperger Publishing Company (first published September 5th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Wall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Wall

Chelsea
If you want to know what it is like inside the mind and life of an individual living with functioning Autism, read this book. It pin points so many of the daily struggles that these individuals have to face each and every day. The book is very matter of fact, of course written by a man with Aspergers Syndrome, and also uses memiors from people involved in every stage of his life. Non-fiction and very very real.
Margaret
Some great information in this book...it is very enlightening to see it from someone's perspective who has an ASD. I started to lose interest in part of the book when he focuses more on music, which he is very focused on. But it was nice to see that someone with ASD can focus on something and do so well with it...and also use his experiences to help others with an ASD.
Sandee Clemons
This book was written by a person that suffers from aspergers. This should make it a MUST read, but unfortunately I had a family member read it and the first words out of their mouth was, "They're robots!" I've thanked my boss several times for giving me this book as a gift!!!! :(
Joanna
I thought he provided a good picture. It was a pretty easy read. I had to read it for my Intro to autism class. Quite interesting.
Rebecca
A good read, if in a bit of a confusing style, but the author wasn't out to impress anyone but rather explain & educate. I enjoyed the portions on music and autism.
Christopher Banks
Christopher Banks marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Dan's Obsessions
Dan's Obsessions marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
dandelion
dandelion marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Sidney Marocco
Sidney Marocco marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kate Heavilin
Kate Heavilin marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Johan Jansson
Johan Jansson marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Kelly Crawley
Kelly Crawley is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jun 18, 2014
Rayne
Rayne added it
Jun 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Understanding Autism for Dummies Ask and Tell: Self-Advocacy and Disclosure for People on the Autism Spectrum The Integrated Self Advocacy Isa Curriculum: A Program For Emgerging Self Advocates With Autism Spectrum And Other Conditions (Teacher Manual) Living Along the Autism Spectrum: What Does It Mean to Have Autism or Asperger Syndrome? Loving Someone with Asperger's Syndrome: Understanding and Connecting with your Partner (The New Harbinger Loving Someone Series)