Megatokyo, Volume 2

Megatokyo, Volume 2 (MegaTokyo #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  977 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The wildly popular web comic that spawned a best selling trade paperback has found a new home! Fans and friends of the Megatokyo web comic have come to love the characters and their offbeat adventures. Whether they are entangled in a fantasy gaming scenario, saving Tokyo from devastation by rampaging zombies, or taking awkward and disaster-filled steps towards a meaningful...more
Published February 3rd 2004 by Dark Horse Comics (first published April 1st 2003)

Grant
Megatokyo, the webcomic, is an inspiration and a glimpse into the future of sequential art. The story itself is enjoyable, and the art is pretty good over all, but neither is anything too special. Instead, the comic as a whole is evidence of a new age in publishing, both comics and writing as a whole. Originally published online, Gallagher was actually losing money making this, creating it more out of pleasure and passion than attempt for monetary gain (at the time, very few webcomics were more...more
Monk
OK, I'm done with what I consider to be the meat of the book, which is to say the main story. Which I like, and it's a good read. However, the book contained more fluff than I would have liked (Shirt Guy Dom), and honestly, I don't care for the Dom strips. It's kind of like reading an extended inside joke.

I'm still reading though, and still like the strip - I just don't anticipate on starting to like the Dom strips.

The other filler though - the sketches and off topic strips - aren't so bad thoug...more
David
A great continuation of the first volume. As the story has become a bit more cohesive at this point, fewer notes are needed to explain what's going on. I do like the separation of Dead Piro Days, Shirt Guy Dom days, and filler sketches into their own groupings.

I'm still trying to figure out how real the zombies are.
Max
The plot starts to pick up in this one, making a complex tale. It still has the random humor, though, like the Tokyo Police Cataclysm Division and the whole l33t thing. I learned to read l33t just to better understand this book. It wasn't that hard. Great book.
Taylor
This volume is hilarious. Largo becomes a high school English teacher, we get to see a lot more of Kimiko [I love her!], and are introduced to the Tokyo Police Cataclysm Division [they fight all of the evil monsters that attack Tokyo!]. Time to read more...
Anthony
megatokyo is a very interesting view on japan, and such. it has many refrences to anime and manga (the artist refers to it as a doujinshi). the artwork and storyplot progress in depth and likability through the series. very good.
Cassa
Read it online at http://www.megatokyo.com/ and decided this was a comic/artist/mangaka I wanted to support, so I took to buying it in paperback. If you like the comic, I urge you to support the artist.
Gwen
I've been reading Megatokyo for around ten years now and it still brings me joy. If you have a passing interest in manga, games, and light hearted romance plots this series is wonderful.
Adam
Please see my review of the first one, as I feel that, despite the amazing quality of this series, there isn't a whole lot one can say about each individual volume.
Brian
[Full Review to Follow]

Re-reading this book (and series) for review purposes.
Jesus Pacheco
what can i say its part two of a great series
Torkamarinum
Torkamarinum marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
  • Love Hina, Vol. 03
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 3 (Azumanga Daioh, #3)
  • Ai Yori Aoshi, Vol. 1
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 8
  • Dramacon, Volume 3
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 4
  • Penny Arcade Volume 2: Epic Legends Of The Magic Sword Kings
Megatokyo, Volume 1 Megatokyo, Volume 3 Megatokyo, Volume 4 Megatokyo, Volume 5 Megatokyo, Volume 6