Start by marking “Megatokyo, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Megatokyo, Volume 2

Megatokyo, Volume 2 (MegaTokyo #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  1,298 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The wildly popular web comic that spawned a best selling trade paperback has found a new home! Fans and friends of the Megatokyo web comic have come to love the characters and their offbeat adventures. Whether they are entangled in a fantasy gaming scenario, saving Tokyo from devastation by rampaging zombies, or taking awkward and disaster-filled steps towards a meaningful ...more
Published January 21st 2004 by Dark Horse (first published April 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Megatokyo, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Megatokyo, Volume 2

Misa Niranon
Oct 06, 2016 Misa Niranon rated it really liked it
Grant
Nov 15, 2011 Grant rated it really liked it
Megatokyo, the webcomic, is an inspiration and a glimpse into the future of sequential art. The story itself is enjoyable, and the art is pretty good over all, but neither is anything too special. Instead, the comic as a whole is evidence of a new age in publishing, both comics and writing as a whole. Originally published online, Gallagher was actually losing money making this, creating it more out of pleasure and passion than attempt for monetary gain (at the time, very few webcomics were more ...more
Monk
Aug 11, 2008 Monk rated it liked it
Shelves: graphicnovel
OK, I'm done with what I consider to be the meat of the book, which is to say the main story. Which I like, and it's a good read. However, the book contained more fluff than I would have liked (Shirt Guy Dom), and honestly, I don't care for the Dom strips. It's kind of like reading an extended inside joke.

I'm still reading though, and still like the strip - I just don't anticipate on starting to like the Dom strips.

The other filler though - the sketches and off topic strips - aren't so bad thoug
David
Apr 28, 2008 David rated it it was amazing
A great continuation of the first volume. As the story has become a bit more cohesive at this point, fewer notes are needed to explain what's going on. I do like the separation of Dead Piro Days, Shirt Guy Dom days, and filler sketches into their own groupings.

I'm still trying to figure out how real the zombies are.
Cassa
Apr 07, 2008 Cassa rated it it was amazing
Read it online at http://www.megatokyo.com/ and decided this was a comic/artist/mangaka I wanted to support, so I took to buying it in paperback. If you like the comic, I urge you to support the artist.
Max
Sep 18, 2011 Max rated it it was amazing
The plot starts to pick up in this one, making a complex tale. It still has the random humor, though, like the Tokyo Police Cataclysm Division and the whole l33t thing. I learned to read l33t just to better understand this book. It wasn't that hard. Great book.
Anthony
Jun 27, 2008 Anthony rated it really liked it
megatokyo is a very interesting view on japan, and such. it has many refrences to anime and manga (the artist refers to it as a doujinshi). the artwork and storyplot progress in depth and likability through the series. very good.
Taylor
Feb 13, 2008 Taylor rated it really liked it
This volume is hilarious. Largo becomes a high school English teacher, we get to see a lot more of Kimiko [I love her!], and are introduced to the Tokyo Police Cataclysm Division [they fight all of the evil monsters that attack Tokyo!]. Time to read more...
Jesus Pacheco
Nov 12, 2010 Jesus Pacheco rated it it was amazing
what can i say its part two of a great series
Stanley Moe
Mar 25, 2011 Stanley Moe rated it it was amazing
good book
Gwen
May 30, 2011 Gwen rated it really liked it
I've been reading Megatokyo for around ten years now and it still brings me joy. If you have a passing interest in manga, games, and light hearted romance plots this series is wonderful.
Adam
Nov 20, 2009 Adam rated it it was amazing
Please see my review of the first one, as I feel that, despite the amazing quality of this series, there isn't a whole lot one can say about each individual volume.
Nekokat
Nekokat rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2009
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2014
Simon
Simon rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2013
マット[白い月光]
マット[白い月光] rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2008
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015
Marisa
Marisa rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Regina Martinez
Regina Martinez rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2013
Joanna Gruell
Joanna Gruell rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2017
Eric Krieger
Eric Krieger rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Tay
Tay rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Lasse Hynninen
Lasse Hynninen rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2012
Sarah rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2009
Clouddancer
Clouddancer rated it it was ok
Oct 27, 2007
Donald
Donald rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2012
Dev Sodagar
Dev Sodagar rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2013
Boris Zolotarev
Boris Zolotarev rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
  • Love Hina, Vol. 03
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh, #2)
  • Dramacon, Vol. 3
  • Epic Legends of the Magic Sword Kings (Penny Arcade, #2)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 4
  • Full Metal Panic! Volume 2 (Full Metal Panic!, #2)
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 8 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #8)
  • Eureka Seven: Psalms of Planets, Vol. 2