Start by marking “Yip! Snap! Yap!” as Want to Read:
Yip! Snap! Yap!

Charles Fuge

Yip! Snap! Yap!

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Help cause a hullabaloo when you join in with this canine chorus line. With dogs of all shapes and sizes making all sorts of noises, you'll be howling in no time. If you love dogs, you'll go barking mad for this book.
Unknown Binding, 21 pages
Published October 31st 2000 by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about Yip! Snap! Yap!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yip! Snap! Yap!

Autumn
We picked this book from our public library.

This is something I would say that would capture the younger kids being as the pictures will keep them engaged and it would be great for those learning to read as there are just a few words on the page and they are easy to read.

The pictures made us laugh and our favorite dog was the wiener dog. As it says in the book "Cool down with a hot dog." Silly book but I wouldn't call it a sing-along book.
Meg McGregor
This is a dog lover's dream no matter if you are just a pup or all the way to a mature dog's golden years.

The use of the verbs to mainly make the story go along is ingenious and will delight your little ones especially as they mimic the sounds that real dogs make.

The pictures are wry and wonderful and remind me of so many dogs I have had, or have, now. I am sure the same will happen to all dog lovers who read this book!
Denise
I felt positively slobbered upon with the accurate rhyming of this book's descriptions.
Amy Mason
Puppies/pets
animal sounds
Heidi
Adorably fabulous pictures, and a really fun possibility for getting toddlers to make a bunch of different dog and puppy sounds.

9/14/10 & 9/16/10 This went wonderfully with toddler time. The kids (and parents) went right along with barking, yipping, scratching, howling, and more. And it was perfect to fit into an unplanned dog theme.

9/28/10 & 9/30/10 Only 3 toddlers in the Tuesday group, and the parents did not do much to get them involved. So it was just me up there and didn't work well
Dawn
Can you tell that I’ve been preparing for a dog-themed story time? This is a perfect story time book: big pictures, bright colors, not much text on each page, and short. The best part is that each page ends with three onomatopoeia words that you can have the kids say along with you. This will definitely get you in a doggie mindset as you “Aroo” along with the puppies on the page, but it has the tendency to get kids riled up, so plan carefully.
Nancy Jo Lambert
I like this book for the very young child, but older readers will not be able to get very much from this book. Little ones like my daughter liked to make the noises and of course dogs are aalmost always fun to feature in a picture book.

What I liked was that the illustrations are bright, colorful, and quite detailed. My favorite page was the sign along with dogs that went aroo!

Fun book!
Saby
Apr 22, 2011 Saby rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children and families with dogs
Shelves: a-mama-s-review, 2011
Originality: 5
Illustrations: 4
Story: 4
BooBoo: 3

This has all the things I look for in a good book for children and it has tons of illustrations of dogs! This book also provides plenty of interaction while reading with your child. I'm just not as fond of it. That's just my personal taste. It has nothing to do with the book.
Lindsey
Jed's current favorite book, although I feel it ends rather abruptly. But this is a picture book, not a novel. A toddler doesn't need character development in a book about the different sounds that dogs make:) We're both in love with Charles Fuge. His illustrations are so engaging and I don't mind reading them over and over (and over).
Susan
Literacy skills:

Print motivation-The silly pictures are engaging for children which promotes a love of reading.

Phonological awareness-This book goes through the plethora of sounds a dog makes.
Vicki
Nice illustrations showing all types of dogs and the associated sounds they make during different daily activities. Fun to use at storytime and have the children make the noises too. Aroo!
Denise Johnson
Did not capture my daughter's attention at all. I tried to read it to her several times and she did not respond like she normally does with books she likes.

The illustrations were great.
Lizzie
Could be a good read aloud with very fun onomatopoeia. Good way to introduce the idea of different breeds of the same animal to kids.
Cassie
This one didn't do much for me, but the illustrations are incredible.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Cute as a board book for babies who like to make doggie sounds!
Stephanie
Great book with lots of fun dog sounds for Kids to imitate!
Ecl  Storytellers
No plot but lots of sound effects! Perfect for tots!
Amy Adams
So cute!!!!! Author of the little wombat books
Sue
A fun book for toddler storytime!
Kathy Fredrickson
Serviceable work on noisy pups.
John
A good storytime read
Arwen
Arwen added it
Jul 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Charles Fuge has been writing and illustrating since 1988. Published while he was in art school, his first picture book won the Mother Goose Award for best newcomer to children's books. He lives in England with his partner, Sarah, and their son, Ollie.
More about Charles Fuge...
I Know a Rhino Where To, Little Wombat? Swim, Little Wombat, Swim! Three Little Dinosaurs Astonishing Animal ABC