Start by marking “Mail Harry to the Moon!” as Want to Read:
Mail Harry to the Moon!

Mail Harry to the Moon!

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Nobody told this older brother that having a new little brother would mean big changes, and he's FED UP! It's time to mail Harry to the moon so life can go back to the way it was before Harry: No more spit-up! No more grabbing! No more wailing in the night! But along the way, baby Harry might just help our hero see that being a big brother means more than just a big nuis ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Mail Harry to the Moon!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mail Harry to the Moon!

Fishing Into Potato Salad by Othen Donald Dale CummingsFetch by Adam Glendon SidwellTurtle Wish by Murielle CyrWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakAlexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
Boy Friendly Picture Books
113th out of 164 books — 72 voters
Julius, the Baby of the World by Kevin HenkesThere's Going to Be a Baby by John BurninghamThe New Baby by Mercer MayerAnother Brother by Matthew CordellOn Mother's Lap by Ann Herbert Scott
New Baby Siblings
63rd out of 63 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Katiena Frazier
This book is about a little boy who is having a hard time adjusting to the presence of his new little brother, Harry. It could be considered fantasy because we know that we can't really ship babies to the moon! He complains about how Harry takes bites of his banana, spits up, takes his gorilla, takes up some of Grandma's time and screams. He suggests different places to dump Harry until he finally decides that they should mail him to the moon. The next day, he wakes up and there is no sign of Ha ...more
Scope
I’m a younger brother, so forgive me if I can’t identify with everything contained in the latest Robie Harris/Michael Emberley team-up “Mail Harry to the Moon”. This ode to a big brother’s resentment of a new baby is the opposite of my experience growing up. Given that bias, it speaks volumes about quality of this book that I was still wholeheartedly entertained. A book about sibling rivalry that older brothers will relate to most, yet will be appreciated by scores of young readers.

The story is
Sarah VanDyke
I enjoyed this book because it is relevant to children's lives and focuses on sibling rivalry. Many children will experience a younger sibling in their family. This book demonstrates their feelings, but also mentions how siblings care for each other. I liked how the illustrations showed Harry hiding when the brother thought he went missing. I enjoyed the humorous tone it had as well. I would recommend this book to teacher as well as parents who can use this book with their children to introduce ...more
Romelle
"Before Harry was born, there was me!" And so the story goes. How many of us have heard an older sibling say, "put so-and-so back inside mommy's tummy." MAIL HARRY TO THE MOON is a cute and funny book that older siblings can relate to. The MC has lots of other clever ideas as to where he'd like to send his brother to, which might not make parents happy. Nevertheless, this book was written for the children so they will find the humor in it. It's also no surprise that this has a happy ending with ...more
Melissa Bittenbender
Really love this book. So cute for kids who have a new brother or sister. I was not like the older brother who wanted to mail his brother to the moon, but I did feel the annoyance of included my little brother with everything I did. Still do today even though I am in college and he is in high school.
Nicole Massa
This story focuses on a young boy who has just been given a new baby brother, Harry. He struggles with accepting Harry and wants things to go back to how they were before Harry was a part of the family. He complains about wanting Harry to disappear and sending Harry to the moon. One day, he can't find Harry and fears that Harry really was sent to the moon so he goes in search of him. This story is cute and fun. Students will be able to relate to it if they have younger siblings.
Andrew
My son loves this book. I mean, he laughed so hard the first time I read it to him, I thought he was going to hyperventilate. This is one those great stories that just brings the parent and child into the action. I love this book!
Jeanette
A very cute story about a boy who is not too keen about his new brother. When Harry spits up his older brother says "Flush Harry down the toilet!" (My kids can so identify with that one.) When Harry cries all night his older brother cries "Mail Harry to the Moon!" But what happens when Harry can't be found? Could his Mom and Dad really have mailed him to the moon?
My 5 year old thinks this book is "super silly" and loves reading it. I agree that it is silly and also cute and sweet as well.
I am al
Amy Taylor
“Before Harry, there was ME!” This is a wonderful story about a little boy who gets a new baby brother and soon becomes fed up with the nuisance of having a baby brother. He wants to “Throw Harry in the trash.” or “Flush Harry down the toilet.” But one morning when he can’t find Harry, he begins to realize that little brothers are more than a nuisance.
This is great book. I would recommend it to any parent who is preparing for a second child. Especially when they have a little one getting ready t
Tessa Napolitano
Good story for young children to hear from expecting parents.
Craig Johnson
I think this book would be a good story for younger students who have been used to being the only sibling in a family then all the sudden had a baby brother or sister. Since I am coming from a background where I am the youngest sibling, I can only know what I have been told by my older brother. He was telling my parents to take me back and that he does not want to have a younger brother. I think a lot of kids can relate to this book. All in all I thought this book was a good book that made me sm ...more
Michelle Bacon
Cute story about a little boy's annoyance with his new baby brother, Harry. He wants to get rid of him because all he does is spit up, chew on his toys, take away from his time with his grandma, and cries all the time. When Harry disappears from doing all that, the big brother gets worried and "flies to the moon" to find Harry and bring him back home safely.
Sarah Zimmer
This book is about a little boy who wishes his parents would mail his younger brother, Harry to the moon. He is sick of his brother getting all the attention. Then one day, he can not find Harry and begins to fret. Finally, he thinks his parents really did mail Harry to the moon. This is a great book to read to children who are having problems with their siblings.
Jackie
Ahhh...before Harry, there was just ME and peace and quiet. Now, there's spit up, and screaming, and burping and babbling. Mail Harry to the Moon! is what big brother says!

Ahhh...the peace and quiet. What? Did mom and dad really mail Harry to the Moon? Big brother has to get him back!

Used for "Dream Big:READ!: Moon" Storytime, July, 2012.
babyhippoface
Feb 13, 2009 babyhippoface rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who have recently become an older sibling
Recommended to babyhippoface by: Judy Freeman
I'm likin' this kid. Harry spits up on him, he responds with, "Flush Harry down the toilet!" Well, it would clean him off, you have to give the kid that. I'd venture to say that this book is a perfect one for those older siblings, anywhere from 4-years-old to 9-, who are less than thrilled to have become a sibling in the first place.
Molly
This is going to be a great book to give to a family with a new baby in it. Especially if the older sibling is having some trouble adjusting. Since I am glad that my sisters never figured out how to mail me to the moon I hope by sharing it with others we little sibilings will stay around. Ages 3+
Jennifer Miera
Sep 22, 2008 Jennifer Miera rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents of young siblings, new baby in the house
A cute story about a new sibling. The boy, at first, doesn't want much to do with baby Harry and tells his parents to mail him to the moon. When he can't find Harry, one day, the boy grows worried and comes to realize he truly likes his baby brother. Illustrations are very funny.
Roxanne Hsu Feldman
Very good pacing and everything is in keeping with a jealous young older brother's mindset. The visual cues to ME's moods are expertly presented. There is a bouncy energy created by relaxed lines and slightly off-the-line water coloration that seeps through the spreads. I like it!
Connie
Nov 25, 2009 Connie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: jv
One of 2009 Missouri Building Block nominees, my vote goes to this one. A big brother is distraught with his new baby brother until the baby disappears. Big Bro launches a rescue mission in his laundry basket spaceship, and the baby becomes a playmate.
Felicia Goodwin
This book would be good for showing children how different things are with a new baby in the family. However, it shows that even though the older boy is annoyed with the baby, he can learn to accept and even enjoy being with the baby.
Tricia
older brother struggles with the new baby. didn't care too much for the page where he wanted to flush the baby down the toilet but otherwise, the humor is clear, the jealously is clearly presented and the ending is acceptance.
Sq.Hill Library
A fun book about getting a little brother. When Harry goes missing one morning his annoyed older bother goes all the way the moon to rescue him, realizing in the process that maybe Harry isn't so bad after all.
Julia
Very funny book about a big brother who gets fed up with his new baby brother until he thinks the baby is gone and then he 'flies to the moon' to save him.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
This one’s pretty cute. I love Harry’s expressions! Little Miss loves this one, and the Legomeister stops by while we're reading to listen and laugh!
April Hochstrasser
If you resent your baby brother, this book is for you. However, it is at a 4-6 year-old level and not especially written for under 4.
Megan
We got this from the library and it has become a favorite! We sent a copy to Sandy's cousin that just got a baby sister.

Annajune
What do you do with a new sibling who is always taking your stuff? Mail him to the moon (and then go rescue him of course).
Paula
Harry's older brother, unhappy that the new baby seems to have taken over, dreams up imaginative ways to get rid of him.
Beth
Cute new-baby story. Pictures are nice (indeterminate non-northwestern-Euro-ancestry family) and storyline is fun.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Big Bad Bunny
  • Dancing to Freedom: The True Story of Mao's Last Dancer
  • Tough Chicks
  • Edwurd Fudwupper Fibbed Big
  • Tap Dancing on the Roof: Sijo (Poems)
  • Little Hoot
  • Silent Music: A Story of Baghdad
  • Burger Boy
Robie H. Harris has written many award-winning books for children of all ages, including the definitive Family Library about sexuality: IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL, IT'S SO AMAZING!, and IT'S NOT THE STORK! She lives in Massachusetts.
More about Robie H. Harris...
It's So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health (The Family Library) Maybe a Bear Ate It! It's Not the Stork!: A Book About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families and Friends When Lions Roar