Start by marking “Smart Women Don't Retire -- They Break Free: From Working Full-Time to Living Full-Time” as Want to Read:

For the amazing female pioneers who shattered the glass ceiling, a practical and inspiring guide to reinventing what's next.

Boomer women have been trailblazers throughout their professional lives. Now that their careers are losing their edge and children leave the nest, these women are ready to do for retirement what they did for the working world--redefine it. The first b
Published June 13th 2008 by Springboard Press

To ask other readers questions about Smart Women Don't Retire -- They Break Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smart Women Don't Retire -- They Break Free

Sue Jackson
Dec 19, 2016 Sue Jackson rated it it was ok
I was not impressed with this book because my thought is that any woman ready to retire would have already considered almost everything mentioned in this book. In theory that would apply even more to the successful, professional women that this is the target audience.

In all fairness to the author, the original copyright date was 1976 when the world was a different place. Maybe spending retirement "taking trips to the mall or perfecting your recipe for peach cobbler" was relevant then but it is c
Stephanie
Sep 30, 2008 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: help-self
So, probably not the BEST time to read this book, when the entire economy is going into total free fall.

I decided last week that I need to shift my attitude away from thinking about retirement: realistically, it is unlikely to happen. And I happen to be fortunate to have a job I love, so what the hell. I choose to believe that it is possible to live full-time despite working full-time!

Rationalization? Perhaps. But it's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Judith
Sep 01, 2008 Judith rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people planning retirement
Recommended to Judith by: mentioned in another retirement book
I skipped to the retirement section of this book and found what I was looking for. What to do when you actually are retired so you don't feel like a sloth sitting around wondering what to do.
Anyone thinking of retiring and trying to figure how to get along with their spouce when you are tripping over each other will find some interesting facts too.
Kathy
Feb 11, 2010 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Terrific book challenging the notion of retirement as a "winding down" of life. Well written, informed by focus groups, lots of resources. The book is full of zest and energy. Really enjoying this book!
Aug 25, 2008 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Interesting, what to do when you retire....some good material, one of the worst books I've ever seen design wise...couldn't be more boring!
Mary
Jul 03, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
I read this several years ago - and what I remember is being inspired to think about alternatives to what I was currently doing. I don't recall a lot about the financial information.
K.
Mar 26, 2010 K. rated it liked it
Shelves: aging
A guide to creating a life after career that is about pursuing one's passion and doing volunteer work with great purpose.
Marcia
Jul 22, 2013 Marcia rated it it was amazing
Great book for professional women contemplating retirement and need the motivation to look at retirement creatively and gain some new perspectives on transitioning to this new life chapter.
Cathy
Sep 15, 2013 Cathy rated it liked it
But it wasn't as applicable to my situation because when the time comes, I have plenty of interests and hobbies and so won't have any transition issues.
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2013
Janet M
Janet M rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2014
Darlene Lynch
Darlene Lynch rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Carlyn
Carlyn rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Joyce
Joyce rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2013
T
T rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2013
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Treva
Treva rated it it was ok
May 18, 2016
BeachVol
BeachVol rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Sandy
Sandy rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2011
Debra Kaplan
Debra Kaplan rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2014
Ruth L. Lockhart
Ruth L. Lockhart rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2015
Wanda
Wanda rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2011
Marsha A Stencel
Marsha A Stencel rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2014
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Brenda Hamby
Brenda Hamby rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Alena
Alena rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2014
Retiring...There has got to be another name for what we DO 1 2 Jul 26, 2009 03:54PM