Start by marking “Smart Women Don't Retire -- They Break Free: From Working Full-Time to Living Full-Time” as Want to Read:

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  9 reviews
For the amazing female pioneers who shattered the glass ceiling, a practical and inspiring guide to reinventing what's next.

Boomer women have been trailblazers throughout their professional lives. Now that their careers are losing their edge and children leave the nest, these women are ready to do for retirement what they did for the working world--redefine it. The first b
Published June 13th 2008 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Smart Women Don't Retire -- They Break Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smart Women Don't Retire -- They Break Free

Stephanie
So, probably not the BEST time to read this book, when the entire economy is going into total free fall.

I decided last week that I need to shift my attitude away from thinking about retirement: realistically, it is unlikely to happen. And I happen to be fortunate to have a job I love, so what the hell. I choose to believe that it is possible to live full-time despite working full-time!

Rationalization? Perhaps. But it's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Judith
Sep 01, 2008 Judith rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people planning retirement
Recommended to Judith by: mentioned in another retirement book
I skipped to the retirement section of this book and found what I was looking for. What to do when you actually are retired so you don't feel like a sloth sitting around wondering what to do.
Anyone thinking of retiring and trying to figure how to get along with their spouce when you are tripping over each other will find some interesting facts too.
Kathy
Terrific book challenging the notion of retirement as a "winding down" of life. Well written, informed by focus groups, lots of resources. The book is full of zest and energy. Really enjoying this book!
Marcia
Great book for professional women contemplating retirement and need the motivation to look at retirement creatively and gain some new perspectives on transitioning to this new life chapter.
Mary
I read this several years ago - and what I remember is being inspired to think about alternatives to what I was currently doing. I don't recall a lot about the financial information.
Cathy
But it wasn't as applicable to my situation because when the time comes, I have plenty of interests and hobbies and so won't have any transition issues.
Interesting, what to do when you retire....some good material, one of the worst books I've ever seen design wise...couldn't be more boring!
Karen
Mar 26, 2010 Karen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: aging
A guide to creating a life after career that is about pursuing one's passion and doing volunteer work with great purpose.
Pat Mothner
Inspiring. A fine acknowledgement of the significance of this life stage.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Mel Martin
Mel Martin marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Deborah
Deborah is currently reading it
Feb 12, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Bliss
Bliss marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Jacey0718gmail.com
Jacey0718gmail.com marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Michael Arrigo
Michael Arrigo marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Angela Smith
Angela Smith marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Nancy Wells
Nancy Wells is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
Donna Martin
Donna Martin marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Retiring...There has got to be another name for what we DO 1 2 Jul 26, 2009 03:54PM