Smart Women Don't Retire -- They Break Free: From Working Full-Time to Living Full-Time

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  9 reviews
For the amazing female pioneers who shattered the glass ceiling, a practical and inspiring guide to reinventing what's next.

Boomer women have been trailblazers throughout their professional lives. Now that their careers are losing their edge and children leave the nest, these women are ready to do for retirement what they did for the working world--redefine it. The first b...more
Published June 13th 2008 by Springboard Press

To ask other readers questions about Smart Women Don't Retire -- They Break Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smart Women Don't Retire -- They Break Free

Stephanie
So, probably not the BEST time to read this book, when the entire economy is going into total free fall.

I decided last week that I need to shift my attitude away from thinking about retirement: realistically, it is unlikely to happen. And I happen to be fortunate to have a job I love, so what the hell. I choose to believe that it is possible to live full-time despite working full-time!

Rationalization? Perhaps. But it's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Judith
Sep 01, 2008 Judith rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people planning retirement
Recommended to Judith by: mentioned in another retirement book
I skipped to the retirement section of this book and found what I was looking for. What to do when you actually are retired so you don't feel like a sloth sitting around wondering what to do.
Anyone thinking of retiring and trying to figure how to get along with their spouce when you are tripping over each other will find some interesting facts too.
Kathy
Terrific book challenging the notion of retirement as a "winding down" of life. Well written, informed by focus groups, lots of resources. The book is full of zest and energy. Really enjoying this book!
Marcia
Great book for professional women contemplating retirement and need the motivation to look at retirement creatively and gain some new perspectives on transitioning to this new life chapter.
Mary
I read this several years ago - and what I remember is being inspired to think about alternatives to what I was currently doing. I don't recall a lot about the financial information.
Cathy
But it wasn't as applicable to my situation because when the time comes, I have plenty of interests and hobbies and so won't have any transition issues.
Interesting, what to do when you retire....some good material, one of the worst books I've ever seen design wise...couldn't be more boring!
Karen
A guide to creating a life after career that is about pursuing one's passion and doing volunteer work with great purpose.
Pat Mothner
Inspiring. A fine acknowledgement of the significance of this life stage.
Janet M
Janet M is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2014
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Jenny
Jenny is currently reading it
Jul 16, 2014
K Daniels
K Daniels marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
L'eggs Bacon
L'eggs Bacon marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Victoria L Webb
Victoria L Webb marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Sherrie
Sherrie marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Debra Kaplan
Debra Kaplan marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Lietta
Lietta marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2013
Patsanovii
Patsanovii marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Retiring...There has got to be another name for what we DO 1 2 Jul 26, 2009 03:54PM