Start by marking “The 731 Legacy (A Cotten Stone Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
The 731 Legacy (A Cotten Stone Mystery #4)

The 731 Legacy (A Cotten Stone Mystery #4)

A dying man, ravaged with disease and bleeding from his eyes, nose, and mouth, makes his way to SNN headquarters, where he delivers a mysterious message to Cotten Stone with his final breath — "Black needles." Black Needles was the code name for an ultra-secret Japanese WWII experiment using a deadly — and ghastly — ancient virus. Now Cotten must race against time to find ...more
Published October 8th 2008 by Midnight Ink (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The 731 Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 731 Legacy

Nancy
Dec 06, 2008 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
This fourth book in the Cotten Stone saga is chilling in its reality, depicting a secret Japanese facility dating to WWII where heinous medical experiments were performed; a bioterrorist plot that is horrifyingly plausible; and a critical confrontation between good and evil at the grande finale. I loved the ending! I won’t spoil it for you, but needless to say you’ll be left with a smile on your face and a warm glow in your heart. The authors’s breakneck pacing and tension-elevating style will h ...more
Nadya
Jan 15, 2015 Nadya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: w
Saya akan menyebut buku ini "thriller-fantasy"

Awalnya buku "laki" banget, walaupun jagoannya perempuan. Seru. Mendebarkan. Pas setengah bagian akhir mulai menampakkan sisi "fantasi"-nya. Sempat il-feel juga sih, sama bagian fantasi ini. Tapi seperempat bagian akhir, aksinya kembali terasa.

Huraaayyy!!!

3.5 bintang ajalah :)
Edward
Apr 06, 2009 Edward rated it really liked it
Lynn Sholes and Joe Moore have crafted another winner here. Cotten Stone is an engaging heroine, and as always they strike an excellent balance between the religious and the secular parts of the plot. If you like thrillers with interesting characters and historical context, give this one a read.
John Hanscom
Apr 25, 2014 John Hanscom rated it really liked it
At least; maybe more. The book was exciting throughout, but especially at the end, with the wrestling of the protagonist with the issues of free will and whether evil means are justified if the end is good.
Joann
Feb 06, 2017 Joann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it!
Kat Davis
May 16, 2016 Kat Davis rated it it was ok
I did not really enjoy reading this book. The premise was good, but the execution poor. It felt too contrived, too easy with just the right things happening conveniently at the right time to make everything ok. The characters felt bland and stereotypical to me. It could have had so much more depth to it, but skimmed along the surface moving from one point of action to the next without really pausing to think if the outcomes were realistic. Journalist needs to save her kidnapped friend, happens a ...more
Neeke
Jul 21, 2011 Neeke rated it did not like it
This book was a big 'I don't care what happens to you, no matter how sad it may be' kinda story for me. The first time I read a Sholes and Moore book, and definitely the last time. Sorry for people who do like these books, bu I obviously have read too many thrillers before I started in this one. It was so predictable and I couldn't care less about what would happen the the main characters. Don't know where that came from, but the feeling was there. This was a once and never more shot at Moore &a ...more
Luciana Melvina
The story is interesting but it's unfortunate that the climax of the story was ended too soon and wasn't depicted too clearly. Like suddenly the war was over magically.
Ineke
Jan 26, 2014 Ineke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: archeo-thriller
In dit vierde deel wordt het verhaal van Cotton Stone en John Tyler afgerond. Ook hier weer een interessant thema met een helaas wat magere uitwerking waar het om het verhaal gaat. Toch de moeite waard om gelezen te worden.
Aan het einde van het boek wordt het ook duidelijk dat dit het laatste deel is. Fijn dat de serie zo wordt afgerond.
Terri
Sep 22, 2008 Terri rated it really liked it
Shelves: work-related
I was actually surprised how much I liked this book. The first in the series had been my favorite (by far) through three books, but I'm thinking this one edged out even the first. I am SO looking forward to meeting the authors next Saturday!
Cheryl
Jun 20, 2012 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Another book in the outstanding Cotton Stone series. Still much good character development, even without Lynn's involvement. I would hope that there would be more in this series!
Ann
Oct 12, 2010 Ann rated it really liked it
love makes you do things you wouldn't do fir anyone else. Does Cotten save the world and John Tyler by giving herself to the old man. Or be true to herself while risking the world?
Julie
Dec 29, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, fantasy
This is the second Cotten Stone book I read. It was intriguing, but overall too far-fetched for my taste. Plus the happily ever after ending...
Jackie
Jan 29, 2009 Jackie rated it really liked it
An interesting mix of fact, fiction and fantasy, this book kept me flipping pages right to the end.
Diamond
Jul 21, 2013 Diamond rated it it was amazing
Awesome! I read this book first before I realized that it was in a series but I still greatly enjoyed it. Fun read Now I have to go back and read the other ones. :)
Erin Tanner
Sep 26, 2011 Erin Tanner rated it liked it
So happy Cotten finally got her man!
Klairie
Klairie rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
Kathy King
Kathy King rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2013
Douglas Ramos
Douglas Ramos rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Devika
Devika rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Serena Andrews
Serena Andrews rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Mariah Williams
Mariah Williams rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2014
Leontien
Leontien rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2009
João Fidalgo
João Fidalgo rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Avatonqp
Avatonqp rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
May 16, 2012
Lisa Malmquist
Lisa Malmquist rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2009
Pedro
Pedro rated it it was ok
May 15, 2011
  • 밀레니엄 2 (하) : 휘발유통과 성냥을 꿈꾼 소녀
  • De kabbalist
  • Afgunst
  • Veritas
  • Chasing Eden (Eden Thrillers #1)
  • Voor een echt succesvol leven
  • Zomerhitte
  • Kingdom
  • Close-up
  • The Shadow of Solomon: The Lost Secret of the Freemasons Revealed
  • De Geruchten
  • Hidden in Time (Livingstone Chronicles, #2)
  • El Quinto Evangelio
  • Equinox
  • The Sinai Secret (Lang Reilly #3)
  • Lost City of the Templars (Templar, #8)
  • The Genesis Plague
  • Godenslaap
Lynn Sholes co-authors with Joe Moore the Cotten Stone thriller series including THE GRAIL CONSPIRACY named 2005 Book-of-the-Year by ForeWord Magazine, THE LAST SECRET, THE HADES PROJECT, and THE 731 LEGACY. THE PHOENIX APOLSTLES was a departure from the Cotten Stone series. THE BLADE features a new heroine, Maxine Decker which is followed by THE SHIELD, and THE TOMB. The newest is BRAIN TRUST. Th ...more
More about Lynn Sholes...

A Cotten Stone Mystery (4 books)
  • The Grail Conspiracy (A Cotten Stone Mystery #1)
  • The Last Secret (A Cotten Stone Mystery #2)
  • The Hades Project (A Cotten Stone Mystery #3)