Start by marking “My Little Girl” as Want to Read:
My Little Girl

My Little Girl

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Ordinary days are magical when spent with those you love.

Dad and his little girl, along with their very large bloodhound, set off on an ordinary day and turn it into a wonderful adventure. From dancing by a duck pond to swinging on a tire swing, lots of laughs and love are shared in time spent together. The day ends with a sweet "Goodnight, I love you" from Dad. And a whis
Published October 19th 2008 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about My Little Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Little Girl

Maranda
This book was absolutely adorable. Even though I am not a daddy I decided to read it to my daughter. The book starts of a little confusing…I know, it is a children’s book, how could it be confusing? Well, either way I was slightly confused but quickly found my bearing. The book is about a little girl who is anticipating a spectacular day with her daddy. The book easily captured the true grandiose imaginations of children. A spectacular day to little Katie means a royal ball or a trip to Africa. ...more
Natalie
Oct 21, 2015 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Cute~Cute~CUTE!!
The most perfect and sweet read that you can sit down and read with your little girl. Whether you are a mom or a dad you can sit down and read this book with your daughter and enjoy it immensely. It proves a point that is doesn't matter what you do with your dad as long as the two of you are together.

Next time I check this book out from the library for my 7 year old, I can guarantee you she will be reading this with her daddy. :)
Joyce
Nov 21, 2008 Joyce rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ages 4-8
Shelves: childrens-books
The most important gift a father can give this his children is time. MY LITTLE GIRL follows a father and daughter through the activities of a “nothing in particular” day that becomes something spectacular for her. Through the lively watercolors by Julia Denos, Katie joins her day for a trip to the coop where she plays with the chicks and bunnies, then they share a lazy time on the grass picking cloud shapes from the sky. Lunch becomes a word game with alphabet soup. The day ends with the father ...more
Ruth
Dec 04, 2008 Ruth rated it really liked it
If you were ever "Daddy's Little Girl" this book will make you smile. Katie and her Daddy spend the day together doing such exciting things as going to coop, where besides feed and seed, they sell baby rabbits and ducks. They lay on the grass and look at the clouds. They dance. They swing. They talk about the beautiful girl that Daddy met (Mommy). The book ends with Katie concluding it was the best day ever because she got to spend it with Daddy.

The pictures are pretty, they appear to be pencil
Mandy J. Hoffman
Dec 30, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books, i-own
Katie is looking forward to a spectacular day with her Dad. When her Dad announces that they aren't going to do anything in particular, Katie thinks the day is ruined. But is it really?

This short story for girls, ages 4 to 8, is all about a Father/Daughter day and the fun of just being together. The illustrations are adorable and make it all the more fun to read.

It was created to be read by a Dad to his daughter, but it can be read any old time just as well. However, I would not give this book
Monie
Nov 17, 2008 Monie rated it really liked it
Katie's Dad has promised her a special day. As she's getting ready she is having visions of a royal ball as a princess and an adventurer stomping through the jungle in Africa. What she gets is a typical day with nothing in particular planned. But the time spent with her Dad turns in the best day of all.

I thought this book was too cute. What I especially liked was that there is a special page at the beginning to dedicate this book for your "little girl" and a page at the end to write out your ow
Jodi
Sep 14, 2015 Jodi rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
The illustrations are super cute, and I like the premise, but the writing left a lot to be desired.
Noreen Fredriksen
Jul 23, 2016 Noreen Fredriksen rated it it was amazing
My six year old granddaughter loved this book. The illustrations are wonderful.
Julie Taylor
Mar 01, 2016 Julie Taylor rated it it was amazing
This is a book about a girl and her daddy and how they spend the day together.
Amber
May 11, 2013 Amber rated it it was amazing
i loved this book so much! o my gosh it was so good i think you guys should read it because it is about a girl that spends a day with here dad i liked the part were she and her dad went to get ice cream i loved that part because they were having fun putting in each others faces. i think you guys should read it . thank you for listening. thank you so much thank you.
Melissa
Mar 25, 2010 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: read-with-kids
Tim McGraw's first picture book. I read his 2nd one first, 'Love Your Heart'. Same little girl, same dad. Both have cute stories and adorable pictures but neither are ones that I would read over and over again, unless it was just to look at the pictures.
DJ
Dec 24, 2008 DJ rated it liked it
The illustrations in this childrens book were absolutely beautiful however the writing left a lot to be desired. I admire the message behind the book however the writing could have been a lot better.
Jenny
Apr 14, 2010 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute book, especially enjoyed the illustrations. Makes me want a little girl even more :) since I know my husband will be such a cute daddy.
Sara Strange
Aug 01, 2013 Sara Strange rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
This is one of our favorites. My daughter loves the story of a little girl (like herself), who gets to spend a day just hanging out with her Daddy.
Kayla
Although it tells about the day they spent together, it has no real plot. I did not like it and thought that it was a corny story.
Liisa
Nov 06, 2008 Liisa rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Little Girls everywhere ... and Tim McGraw fans
Cute book. Cute story. I loved the illustrations. Great books for little girls and Tim McGraw fans everywhere.
Dale
Jul 04, 2012 Dale rated it it was amazing
My daughter Abigail loves this story. It is a great bedtime story for dad to read to his four year old girl.
Alesha Walker
May 21, 2009 Alesha Walker rated it really liked it
It's an absolutely adorable children's book! It would make a great daddy/daughter gift!
Michelle
May 01, 2009 Michelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
I thought the book was amazingly illustrated and the story was cute.
Tessa
Feb 20, 2013 Tessa rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-book
Lovely pictures; sweet story about daddy's and their little girls.
Mandi
Nov 12, 2008 Mandi rated it liked it
Not worth the price but a cute book for dads and daughters.
Jaime
Mar 04, 2011 Jaime rated it really liked it
Read it to my niece..very cute
Brandi Streeval
Nov 19, 2012 Brandi Streeval rated it it was amazing
read this to my daughter cute book
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
LOVE the illustrations!
cute
Sarah added it
Jun 23, 2016
Jessica Brewer
Jessica Brewer marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Michelle Trujillo
Michelle Trujillo marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016