Start by marking “Clues in the Woods (Liza, Bill & Jed Mysteries)” as Want to Read:
Clues in the Woods (Liza, Bill & Jed Mysteries)

Clues in the Woods (Liza, Bill & Jed Mysteries)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Who or what is taking the kitchen scraps from the garbage every night? What starts out as a puzzle becomes a mystery. Every night Grandma leaves table scraps in a wrapped plastic bag in the garbage can where, according to plan, the McNellis children pick them up to feed their kittens. But the plan changes when the bag is gone in the morning. The twins, Liza and Bill, and b ...more
Published March 15th 1980 by Yearling (first published April 15th 1968)

To ask other readers questions about Clues in the Woods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clues in the Woods

Talia
This is the second book in the Jed, Bill and Liza series I read as a child. I believe I got the first one in 2nd grade, and I wasn't ready for it. The next year, I saw it on my bookshelf, read it and was then hooked. This was probably purchased as the book fair. Remember those? They came to your school library and had red, blue, yellow and green fold out displays with books to buy. They were awesome. I'm going through and re-reading this series, delighting in the adventures I read over and over ...more
Yawz
Even worst than the first. Don't know how it managed that!
Vicky
As a child I remember this was the most popular book in our elementary school library (high-praise indeed!). Now, I'm having a hard time locating a copy for my 7-year-old neice, who I'm sure will love it as much as I did.

carrietracy
I had fond memories of reading this as a child, a mystery book that wasn't actually scary was right up my alley. However, times change and wow does this contain some pretty weird/racist bits about Native Americans.
Natalie
I bought this at the library sale too. I'm sure when Sam gets around to reading it she'll love it :-)
Stephanie Kurtz
Just read aloud to Jake. Great mysteries for kids to listen to! Classic Peggy Parish.
Kayleen
I enjoy kids novels but this one was a little too kiddie for me.
Saralyn
I love the Liza, Bill & Jed mysteries. Great for kids!
Nov 20, 2013 Sarah added it
is a nice book, so ctually y like it for children.
Mrs Johnnie Tate
The wonderful world of treasure hunting!
john
Excellent book for 2nd-3rd graders
Amy
this book is great.
Yosef Gold
Yosef Gold marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Seav
Seav added it
Jul 01, 2015
Wyatt
Wyatt marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Nadia
Nadia added it
May 19, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Leo
Leo is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2015
Sheila Mae
Sheila Mae marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Anna
Anna added it
Mar 26, 2015
Jenn Rogers
Jenn Rogers marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Dec 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • When the Dolls Woke
  • The Mystery on Cobbett's Island
  • The World's Worst Fairy Godmother
  • Karen's Home Run (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #18)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue
  • Cecil the Pet Glacier
  • You Shouldn't Have to Say Goodbye
  • Anastasia's Chosen Career (Anastasia Krupnik, #7)
  • Arthur's Honey Bear
  • Lost Sloth
  • Bear in Underwear
  • Marcel the Shell: the Most Surprised I've Ever Been
  • Children's Literature: The World's Greatest Kids' Lit as Comics and Visuals (The Graphic Canon)
  • Snow White and Rose Red
  • The Vanishing Shadow (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #1)
  • Among Friends
  • Going, Going, Gone! with the Pain and the Great One
  • I Don't Like Koala
Peggy Parish was the author of the children's story series Amelia Bedelia. The series was continued, after her sudden death from an aneurysm, by her nephew Herman Parish. Peggy attended the University of South Carolina and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English.

Herman honored Peggy's life in his book, Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia, by writing in its dedication: "For Peggy Parish, the real Am
More about Peggy Parish...

Liza, Bill & Jed Mysteries (6 books)
  • The Haunted House
  • Key to the Treasure
  • The Mystery of Hermit Dan (Liza, Bill & Jed Mysteries)
  • Pirate Island Adventure
  • The Ghosts of Cougar Island
Amelia Bedelia Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower Come Back, Amelia Bedelia Amelia Bedelia Helps Out Good Work, Amelia Bedelia