Start by marking “True Stories of CSI: The Real Crimes Behind the Best Episodes of the Popular TV Show” as Want to Read:

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  64 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The bestselling forensic psychologist examines the true crimes that inspired the television smash hit, C.S.I.

Katherine Ramsland follows the evidence and revisits some of the most absorbing episodes of the phenomenally popular C.S.I. television franchise, and explores the real-life crimes that inspired them. She also looks into the authenticity of the forensic investigatio
Published September 2nd 2008 by Berkley (first published August 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about True Stories of CSI, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Stories of CSI

Gwen
Nov 22, 2011 Gwen rated it really liked it
I am proud to admit "I love me some CSI" and forensic information. It was interesting to read the true events that influenced episodes of CSI. I liked how there were short chapters, each devoted to a particular episode. It was not terrribly tech. driven. But it wasn't meant to be a textbook.
C.M. Thompson
Jun 05, 2016 C.M. Thompson rated it it was ok
Several accounts of the cases behind some of the CSI episodes. Only a few lines on the CSI t.v. episode it relates to and no new insights on the fairly well known cases. Feels a little bit like a cash in book.
Samuel Helms
Jun 01, 2016 Samuel Helms rated it really liked it
Katherine Tamsland has wrote a great book with many good stories in it that makes the reader think about the life outside of their safe little home. Ture stories of C.S.I. has many different cases written out that Ph.D's have had to go through and solve them. Each story gets your mind guessing on who was the killer or how the crime happened.
There are multiple different cases but ill write about one of my favorites. It happens to be the very first case which I think was a great idea because this
Sue
Sep 02, 2013 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crimen
Library only offered this book in large print version, which seemed very remedial--both physically as well as content. Takes some adjustment.

I was familiar with some of the cases, having followed them closely on Court TV when they occurred. They were covered fairly well here, so I have to trust the rest for veracity.

I especially enjoyed the little blurb in the beginning of each story: "C.S.I. version (for a program adaptation)", then an excerpt about the "real" story.
Maddie h
Feb 29, 2016 Maddie h rated it it was amazing
Katherine Ramsland has created an amazing book that I really like. These are true stories that have been made into TV episodes. True Stories of CSI is truly amazing at showing the thinking behind all of these cases.
There are many different people in this book that have truly gone through these situations, but have had their names changed for safety reasons. These cases are very interesting and very cool to be able to understand what the professionals are thinking and how they are figuring out. T
Kaelyn
Feb 03, 2009 Kaelyn rated it liked it
An interesting read but I do not think that she did a very good job editing. There were several mistakes (Like getting Jonestown 11 years off) and a few typos. Also I do not believe that she even watched the episodes as she had several synopses incorrect. Other then that it is entertaining.
Dana Ann
Jan 27, 2016 Dana Ann rated it liked it
Some stories were interesting but I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would.
Samantha
Jan 08, 2014 Samantha rated it really liked it
Interesting but would have liked more info on how it influenced the show
Jill
Apr 26, 2010 Jill rated it liked it
Shelves: true-crime, life
I picked up this book because it looked interesting and there were a lot of the cases I had never heard of before, but many of them seemed like they were glossed over and not overly researched. Katherine ramsland can do much better.
Christa
Jan 13, 2014 Christa rated it liked it
A lot of these were famous cases molded to fit a CSI episode. Some of the episodes I remembered, but others I confused with the Law & Order episodes. Dick Wolf and Anthony Zuiker must be reading the same headlines.
Ally Fazio
Aug 15, 2014 Ally Fazio rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-adored
I love this book! It was super interesting and great to read.
Gary Brooks
Gary Brooks marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Laura Reading
Laura Reading marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Vanessa-Lynn Wilkens
Vanessa-Lynn Wilkens is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
Jul 11, 2016
Jules
Jules rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Sandee Rodriguez
Sandee Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Cortney Ross
Cortney Ross marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Caroline Wade
Caroline Wade marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Drama Sylum
Drama Sylum rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Gala Copez
Gala Copez marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Lynne
Lynne added it
Mar 05, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Gabby I
Gabby I marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Karen Maloy
Karen Maloy marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I've loved books since I was 3, and the library was a highlight of my childhood. I've been fortunate to be able to find great joy in what others have written and sometimes to give this to readers. I follow my own muse, because it leads me on interesting adventures. If others benefit, so much the better.
More about Katherine Ramsland...