Start by marking “After School Nightmare, Volume 9” as Want to Read:
After School Nightmare, Volume 9

After School Nightmare, Volume 9 (放課後保健室 / Houkago Hokenshitsu / After School Nightmare #9)

Mashiro has finally come to terms with his feelings, but even though Sou has cast aside his controlling sister, her hold on him goes deeper than he thinks. When Kureha finds her own strength and decides not to graduate, Mashiro throws himself into his relationship with Sou, but was Sou ever really serious about him?
Published October 1st 2008 by Go Comi (first published October 16th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about After School Nightmare, Volume 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After School Nightmare, Volume 9

Anat
Aug 02, 2011 Anat rated it it was amazing
Wow. Wow. Wow.
Forget everything you have learned in the previous volumes, because Setona Mizushiro is crashing all of it in this volume. (Though, in retrospection, it all makes sense now.)
Sophia F
Jul 27, 2014 Sophia F rated it it was amazing
Lauren
Sep 13, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
As Ichijou Mashiro’s hard kept secret is revealed to his classmates, Mashiro’s dream world is turned upside down. The after-hours class Mashiro signs up for is not at all what he expects it to be. Passing the class is his only chance of graduation and the horrors he finds there are only the beginnings to the mysteries yet to be revealed.

This dark series is filled with controversial and emotional issues that take the reader on a journey through what the characters are feeling and what they experi
Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 Chibineko rated it really liked it
The true identity of the knight has been discovered, much to the surprise of many. This isn't the only revelation of the book, as we also discover the disturbing truth behind Sou's obsessive sister Ai. Kureha has to not only learn to accept who & what she is, but she also has to compete with someone who isn't playing fair.

The storyline keeps getting better & better in this series. The pacing is very well done & the characters are enthralling even when they're really behaving in ways
Timothy
Jan 25, 2011 Timothy rated it liked it
Treasure
OK, this book made the other slow ones in the series totally worth it! Lots of surprises and twists and turns-- total fun and drama. The Kurosaki twist caught me completely off guard, and I appreciated the Sou surprises as well. I need to reread the series now to catch the subtle hints that I missed.
Jj
Oct 17, 2012 Jj rated it it was amazing
As always After School Nightmare leaves me waiting to read book 10. I truly believe this book is for anyone of any race and life style. It opens up your eyes more on the feelings and life a person who has the same problem as Mirchao. But I definitely love this manga and series. I like how the book takes different twist and turns.
Susan
Oct 18, 2008 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: shojo_manga
Julie
May 18, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
Giving it 4 stars this time, because the background of a character and what was going on with him was unexpected. And I don't have much more to say about this volume. Except that I'm totally confused by how it ended.

Hopefully the last volume in the series will clear up my confusion.
Many of the confusing strange plot threads are coming together now, and this volume was a real page turner. I recommend reading it when you can read 10 right away, because you will be completely enthralled (and a little confused).
Krista Ivy
Sep 16, 2012 Krista Ivy rated it really liked it
finally, the characters are coming to grips with who they are.
Elena
Mar 03, 2012 Elena rated it it was amazing
Gets weirder and weirder with every volume.
JustWorkAlready
Nov 24, 2008 JustWorkAlready rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
luuuuurved it! it was interesting...
Kaitlyn Laughlin
Mar 23, 2013 Kaitlyn Laughlin rated it it was amazing
the story is awesome. I love the way it is writing.
Leira Roscini
I read it in italian.
Nicole
Jan 22, 2010 Nicole rated it it was amazing
[See review under vol. 1:]
Kristelle
Oct 14, 2013 Kristelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I did not see things coming. What a shocking revelation. This manga is really confusing in a good way. I'm so much hooked.
Tawnie
Oct 13, 2008 Tawnie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-romance
One more to go!
Amy Gideon
Oct 12, 2012 Amy Gideon rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Quite a few twists in this volume. And the ending leaves the reader unsure of what's going on.
Tab
May 26, 2010 Tab rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
B
Katie
Jun 04, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing
see full review @ Katie's Corner
Rossana
Rossana rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Molbi Harsanto
Molbi Harsanto rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2012
Taylor
Taylor rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2012
Kiti
Kiti rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2012
April Blair
April Blair rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Toby
Toby rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Chantell  Petrell
Chantell Petrell rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2013
Araceli
Araceli rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2017
  • Loveless, Volume 8
  • Future Lovers, Vol. 2
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 5
320741
Mizushiro Setona (水城 せとな or 水城雪可奈) is a popular manga-ka (Japanese comics creator) who started out in the dōjinshi (self published manga) circles. Her first real dabble in the world of creating manga was in 1985 when she participated in the publication of a dōjinshi. She remained active in the dōjinshi world until her debut in 1993 with the short single "Fuyu ga Owarou Toshiteita" (Winter Was Endi ...more
More about Setona Mizushiro...

放課後保健室 / Houkago Hokenshitsu / After School Nightmare (10 books)
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 1
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 6
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 7
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 8
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 10

“Stop looking at what everyone else has! You have to figure out who you are before you can be anyone!” 1 likes