Start by marking “Knight (Eyewitness Books)” as Want to Read:
Knight (Eyewitness Books)

Knight (Eyewitness Books)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Detailed photographs trace the origins, heyday, and eventual decline of knighthood, chivalry, and the feudal system. Discover how armor was made, how men became knights, and what life in a medieval castle was like.
Published May 11th 1993 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knight

Penny Johnson
Reading this book is like taking a walk through the medieval section of a museum. With photographs, live models, and period artwork, the reader easily gets a thorough education regarding the time period. This book can be enjoyed on two levels. The photos are large and colorful; the reader can simply browse through the book and learn a great deal. The generous text makes the book into an encyclopedia. The reader can spend time reading everything from front to back, or he can find a specific topic ...more
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Ds loves the Eyewitness Books and I bought this one for him as a reward for something he accomplished. We took a break from our regular history read aloud and I read a two-page spread from this to him every "school" day.

Ds loved the book! What is there *not* to love about an Eyewitness Book?! The pictures and photography are excellent; these just make for wonderful coffee table books for any ages. Ds likes swords (he has a life-size toy collection) and weaponry (before guns)
Megan Guertler
i thought this book was interesting to look at but would never be my first choice to read. i thought it was extremely informational and great for learning. i would defiantly want to have this book in class, there is so many different activities that can go along with this book!
Amber
Eyewitness Books always offer such wonderful photos and tidbits of information and this one was no different. Although I found the CD-rom of clipart pointless.
Scotty
It was OK. Just some quick highlights on knighthood. Since I am a big fan of the Song of Ice and Fire series, I thought I would brush up on knighthood terminology.
Theresa
pictures and drawings paired with facts and information about knights, kings, and knightly codes
Mackenzie
this book was absolutely great for reference but not so good for enjoyment or a non-fiction story.
PWRL
Oct 10, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Andd Becker
Andd Becker marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Josh Damoth
Josh Damoth marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Sadi
Sadi marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Sam Gold
Sam Gold marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Ginnie Grant
Ginnie Grant marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
  • Medieval Life
  • Stephen Biesty's Cross-Sections Castle
  • Ancient Rome
  • Ancient Greece
  • Rocks & Minerals (Eyewitness Books)
  • Dinosaur (DK Eyewitness)
  • Castle Diary: The Journal of Tobias Burgess
  • Ancient Egypt
  • A Street Through Time
  • Canterbury Tales
  • The Last Knight: The Twilight of the Middle Ages and the Birth of the Modern Era
  • The Oxford Illustrated History of the Crusades
  • Good Queen Bess: The Story of Elizabeth I of England
  • Horse (Eyewitness Books)
  • The Art of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
  • Natural History: The Ultimate Visual Guide to Everything on Earth
  • Alphonse Mucha: Masterworks
Chris Gravett is a former Senior Curator at the Royal Armouries, Tower of London, and a recognized authority on the arms, armour, and warfare of the medieval world. He has worked as an advisor for numerous TV and film productions, and has written many books. He currently works as a curator at Woburn Abbey, Bedfordshire.
More about Christopher Gravett...
Castle (Eyewitness Books) The Normans: Warrior Knights and their Castles (General Military) Medieval Siege Warfare Knight: Noble Warrior of England 1200-1600 (General Military) Norman Knight AD 950-1204