Start by marking “Justice Society of America, Vol. 3: Thy Kingdom Come, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Justice Society of America, Vol. 3: Thy Kingdom Come, Vol. 2

Justice Society of America, Vol. 3: Thy Kingdom Come, Vol. 2 (Justice Society of America (vol. 3) #3; issues 13-18)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  364 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The Kingdom Come Superman continues to crusade against evil alongside his new Justice Society teammates – but is he the only one who can stand against the threat of Magog? And what are Gog's true motives?
This hard-hitting new volume collects Justice Society of America #13-18
Published December 16th 2008 by DC Comics (first published December 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Justice Society of America, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice Society of America, Vol. 3

Nathaniel
Patience is the key word here. It's really quite something the way a book with that large of a cast, expected to sell at a level on a month to month basis is able to keep the careful execution that Justice Society is. It's a testament to the trust the editors have in the readers (not something that you see often enough at DC), and it's a testament the readers have in the storytellers (Johns had earned it in spades at that point with the out-of-the-park success of the Sinestro Corps War capping o ...more
Ryan
I really need to just stop reading Geoff Johns' work, I think (if I had known this was him before I grabbed it in the library, I probably wouldn't have picked it up, to be honest).

The story's a bit of a mess. The JSA is a huge group - twenty-odd superheroes, some of whom have been heroing for over 70 years (in-story, not just in terms of publication history). There's so many of them here, in fact, that you don't really end up caring about any individual character, because there isn't enough time
Lyric
The DC Crisis stories are always so much fun. This series spawns off the events that were set in motion by Geoff Johns' INFINATE CRISIS story. Alex Ross and Geoff Johns have blended their two DC worlds to tell the story of how Magog (the villain in Ross's KINGDOM COME series) came to be.
The best part of the story is when Power Girl gets pulled into an alternate universe where the Justice Society is made up of the son's and daughters of the original heroes; the most important one being Helena Wa
Mark
Some cool ruminations on faith & the meaning of life... and a whole lot of fighting.
Read this volume back to back with Part One. Part One is definitely lacking but full of foreshadowing. This one was pretty much awesome. Loved Gog and all his attempts at doing good. It's clearly apparent as to why he was removed from his previous residence by the end of this volume. I'm hoping they can rationalize with him, but that wouldn't make as entertaining of a read. Really nice twist at the end as to who Magog ends up being.
Jacob
Library copy; sadly I'll be lost coming into the story late and missing all the backstory. Love the Ross covers and Eaglesham art, I'm a bit at a loss about all the Earth-2 dimensional cross-over stuff that JSA obviously has a long history with. I wasn't too crazy about the story arc of Grogg and with such a large cast hardly any character got enough "screen time."
Alan
More solid story telling by Geoff Johns in part two of this triology. Here Gog appears and we get idea of what people are willing to give up if they think a "god" is going to grant their desires. We do get the question of whether or not Gog is good or evil, or if those concepts apply to his actions.
StoryTellerShannon
Longer review possibly coming.

ARTISTIC PRESENTATION: B to B plus; STORY/PLOTTING/PANELS: B to B plus;
CHARACTERS/DIALOGUE: B plus; ACTION SCENES: B minus to B; JSA FOCUSES/MYTHOLOGY: B plus; WHEN READ: end of November 2013; OVERALL GRADE: B to B plus.
Loren Toddy
A unexpected X-mas present from my Sister but also a great surprise. I really liked the first book but the second one kept me on edge with the story line and the tie in to Kingdom Come. I look forward to the next book and see how the whole story line finishes.
Amber Ditullio
Please see my review for the entire Thy Kingdom Come series on the first volume, which can be found here.
John Yelverton
Every time this book series comes out, it's either really good or really bad and this was the latter.
Shannon Appelcline
A solid continuation, with perhaps a bit too much fighting. Also, a wondrous return to Earth-2 (kinda).
Joe
just good work
Ola
A super read!
Paulius
Paulius marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Nowns
Nowns marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
  • Day of Vengeance
  • Superman: The Black Ring Vol. 1
  • Countdown to Final Crisis, Vol. 2
  • The Question, Vol. 1: Zen and Violence
  • Superman: Up, Up, and Away!
  • Crisis on Multiple Earths, Vol. 1
  • Superman: For Tomorrow, Vol. 2
  • Green Arrow, Volume 6: Moving Targets
  • JLA, Vol. 2: American Dreams
Geoff Johns originally hails from Detroit, Michigan. He attended Michigan State University, where he earned a degree in Media Arts and Film. He moved to Los Angeles in the late 1990’s in search of work within the film industry. Through perseverance, Geoff ended up as the assistant to Richard Donner, working on Conspiracy Theory and Lethal Weapon 4. During that time, he also began his comics career ...more
More about Geoff Johns...

Justice Society of America (vol. 3) (9 books)
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 1: The Next Age
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 2: Thy Kingdom Come, Vol. 1
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 4: Thy Kingdom Come, Vol. 3
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 5: Black Adam and Isis
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 6: The Bad Seed
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 7: Axis of Evil
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 8: Super Town
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 9: Monument Point
Batman: Earth One, Vol. 1 Blackest Night Green Lantern: Rebirth Justice League, Vol. 1: Origin Aquaman, Vol. 1: The Trench