Start by marking “The True Story of the First Thanksgiving” as Want to Read:
The True Story of the First Thanksgiving

The True Story of the First Thanksgiving

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  2 Reviews
Did you know the Pilgrim and Native American's feast lasted for three days and they may not have eaten turkey? In this book, readers will learn more about what may have really happened on the first Thanksgiving.
Published September 1st 2008 by PowerKids Press

To ask other readers questions about The True Story of the First Thanksgiving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The True Story of the First Thanksgiving

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee
This book from PowerKids Press is very a uneven production.

One of the problems is how the text was set. The letters are large, which I have no problem with, but there isn't any spacing between paragraphs and the overall effect is nothing short of ugly.

The other problem are the images. I really liked the use of classic artwork and the wood cuttings. But the switch over to garishly printed modern photographs was less than appealing.

Factually the book is better. Although I thought it was strange th
Diana
Apr 07, 2014 Diana rated it liked it
Shelves: holidays-usa
This non-fiction book describes how the first thanksgiving occurred and how the pilgrims came to the Americas. It mentions how the Squanto helped the pilgrims as well. It is a good book but not great because I would have liked more on the Native Americans side of the story than the pilgrims. It does mention how they celebrated the harvest not just eating turkey with the family. I would use this book around November and have the children write a narrative on how they celebrate or if the celebrate ...more
Fca
Fca marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Monika
Monika added it
Nov 06, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2016