Start by marking “The Chadwick Ring” as Want to Read:
The Chadwick Ring

The Chadwick Ring

3.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  19 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
THE RIVALS

It was no secret that Ginevra had a rival for her husband. All of London knew that Richard Glover, the Marquess of Chadwick, kept Amalie de Villeneuve as his mistress--and every rake in town smiled at the idea of a chit of a girl like Ginevra competing with the red-haired love goddess of the demi-monde.

But Chadwick also had a rival. Bysshe, his own grown son, wa
Published February 2nd 1982 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about The Chadwick Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chadwick Ring

Ana T.
May 20, 2008 Ana T. rated it liked it
It was no secret that Ginevra had a rival for her husband. All of London knew that Richard Glover, the Marquess of Chadwick, kept Amalie de Villeneuve as his mistress-and every rake in town smiled at the idea of a chit of a girl like Ginevra competing with the red-haired love goddess of the demi-monde. But Chadwick also had a rival. Bysshe, his own grown son, was head over heels in love with Ginevra-and passionately determined to free a stepmother young enough to be Bysshe's mate from a husband ...more
T.
Jul 09, 2015 T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know, I bought this book in the early '80's and loved it enough that I still have the paperback and have re-read it a zillion times. I just found the Kindle version and read it again. I still loved it!
Lord Rose
I found it a bit creepy. The heroine is engaged to one man, but he dies, so she marries his father instead. Her husband's other son then falls in love with her.

I do like reading books with large age differences, but when the hero actually has a son older than the heroine, that's a bit much for me.
Lynn
Found this book today in a cubby in a flea market...BEST FIND EVER! I adored this book... it had all the angst I wanted *and then some*, a older man, a younger woman... a vicious other woman...a son in love with the stepmother....wowwy... and then a HEA....
judy breeden
Sep 26, 2015 judy breeden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good day read

Like the characters. And family dynamics of the story. Writer gives depth to the characters. Overall is a pleasant read
Frances
Jul 24, 2015 Frances rated it it was ok
Shelves: regency
Another one that I read close to 30 years ago is now falling from a five-star to a 2 star. What amazes me is some time in my life I didn't find her thin shoulders, her thin arms, and her tear filled eyes as offensive as I find it now.
Janet
Jul 30, 2010 Janet rated it liked it
Surprising plot twists: both the hero and the heroine have people who want them to separate.
shms
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 07, 2015
Krissie
Krissie marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Adnana
Adnana added it
Sep 13, 2015
Shwetha
Shwetha rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2015
Roub
Roub marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Frithiof
Frithiof rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Joyce David
Joyce David rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Keiko Nainggolan
Keiko Nainggolan rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Roz
Roz rated it it was ok
Jul 31, 2014
Elisabeth Lane
Elisabeth Lane marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Angela
Angela rated it it was ok
May 28, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Techdivakt
Techdivakt marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
KU2
KU2 rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013