Start by marking “Pocket Guide to Games, The” as Want to Read:
Pocket Guide to Games, The

Pocket Guide to Games, The

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The seventy-five games in this book revive the tradition of game playing without computers, joy sticks, boards, or game pieces. All you need for these games can be purchased at the local super center, big box, or hardware store. With tools such as balls, bean bags, broomsticks or canes, and ropes, parents and teachers can organize dozens of hours of fun and challenging act ...more
Published May 16th 2008 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about Pocket Guide to Games, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pocket Guide to Games, The

Jennifer Hughes
I KNOW games. I grew up on a street where summer night games on my front lawn were common. And when my kids were small we'd pull out the Cub Scout How-To book all the time and use the ideas for parties, scouts, and rainy-day fun.

I like a lot of things about this Pocket Guide. It has many games in it for a book so small. It is a small book and easy to carry around. It has games I've never heard of, so that's always fun to try new things. It has quiet and active games for various size groups. It
Rickey
Nov 22, 2012 Rickey marked it as reference
Shelves: owned-books, games
Written in a lighthearted tone that goes along well with a fun collection of games, with

A great index by

3-4 Plus Players
5-9 Plus Players
10 Plus Players

III. Playing Area
Indoors, Living Room or Game Room (or easily in a gymnasium or outdoors)
Gymnasium (or outdoors)
Outdoors

IV. Age Group
For Preschoolers
For School-Age Children, 6-18
Suitable for Adults As
Jill
I think this book is great for everyone. It has games for everyone in every size group. It tells you how to play the games and how many players you need to play each game. Great games like Run, Sheepie, Run and Toilet Tag are included. A must-have for everyone that ever has down time they need to fill!
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Sundy
Sundy marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Mightyguy
Mightyguy marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Bart King
May 08, 2014 Bart King rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Pender Mark
Pender Mark marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Mibii
Mibii marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2013
Wooden Horse
Wooden Horse marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2012
Nina M
Nina M marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2012
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2011
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2011
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Tressa (Wishful Endings) marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2010
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2010
I write funny books for kids and immature adults. The latest evidence is THE BIG BOOK OF SUPERHEROES, a humorous guide to becoming a superhero—and then dealing with it!

My first novel, a coolio science-fiction adventure titled THE DRAKE EQUATION, will be published by Disney Hyperion Books in Spring 2016.

In addition to being a middle school teacher for 15 years, I'm also the perpetrator of THE BIG B
More about Bart King...
The Big Book of Girl Stuff The Big Book of Boy Stuff The Big Book of Spy Stuff The Pocket Guide to Mischief Big Book of Gross Stuff, The