Start by marking “X-Men: Divided We Stand” as Want to Read:
X-Men: Divided We Stand

X-Men: Divided We Stand

3.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  181 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
In the wake of Messiah CompleX, there are no X-Men. But where does that leave the mutants that were X-Men? Some of the industry's hottest creators bring you stories of your favorite mutants as they make their way in a world without the X-Men. And only those who adapt will survive. Featuring Cannonball, Husk, Nightcrawler, Storm, Black Panther, Neznho, Anole, Beast, Dark Be ...more
Published September 3rd 2008 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about X-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Men

Brad
Sep 15, 2009 Brad rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics, marvel
So that's all Messiah Complex did? Trade one joyless X-Men status quo (a dwindling mutant population forcing all X-Men to live at Xavier Mansion as though it were a reservation) for another? Now all the mutants go their separate ways, with none of them happy. This book tries to tease where all the characters are headed, but most of them don't do a good job setting up their characters, since they are mostly 4-6 page stories with lots of internal monologues.
One Flew
Apr 13, 2015 One Flew rated it did not like it
I do one of three things when I'm finished with a book. 1: If it's a great book, add it to my library, keep it so I can re-read it again. 2: If it's an ok or below average book that I probably won't read again, I sell it or give it away. 3: If it's awful, I'll throw it in the rubbish or chuck it in the fire.

This book definitely falls into the third catagory. Some books like this one, I consider a public service to destroy them so no one else makes the same mistake of reading this drivel. There i
Erik
Mar 13, 2009 Erik rated it did not like it
As a bookend to the recent mutant cross-over saga Messiah Complex, this brief volume collects the two-issue Divided We Stand epilogue, which contains just under a dozen short narratives about different players in the X-Men universe after the devastation of Messiah Complex. (Those who know me are well aware that I generally despise these things nowadays; with the except of almost anything penned by Mark Millar and Brian Michael Bendis, like their Civil War and Secret Invasion epics.) Although a f ...more
Rick Sand
Jan 18, 2012 Rick Sand rated it did not like it
Was really disappointed by this. The two double-sized issues included here (X-Men: Divided We Stand #1-2) are anthology stories about how the "end" of the X-Men has affected various mutants. It's not a bad concept - an aftermath to the disaster, but only half of it seems to have any form of relevance to Messiah Complex.

All the stories share a common theme: life sucks. I get that. I can see how that's a valid theme after the events of Messiah Complex, but it doesn't really make for interesting s
Elizabeth
Ghastly, fucking tedious collection of short stories featuring X-Men nobodies from the back catalogue of X-universe, people that make you go, "Who?" or at best, "Oh yeah". Seriously, who gives a fuck if Cannonball starts a fight in a bar? If Hellion vents in a cafe? Jesus, I could shit better stories than this. Awful epilogues to a ridiculous storyline which will only get worse. Nuke it from space. That's the only way to be sure.
Matthew Ledrew
A great selection of short stories, most of which are very well written. Nothing essential or Earth-shaking -- all easily skipped -- but well written? Absolutely.
Arturo
Short stories.
Cannonball's angry, and can fight. 2 stars
Nehzno returns to Wakanda with Storm. Great art and a good origin. 4 stars.
Anole likes being back home, Talk with Northstar. 3 stars.
Hellion needs guidance. 3 stars.
Scalphunter, Nightcrawler. 5 stars.

Beast sifts thru the wreckage. 1 star.
Magik. X-Infernus prologue. 3 stars.
Havok. Emperor Vulcan epilogue. 3 stars.
Forge. 2 stars.
Surge and Moonstar in a story thats preachy and sounds like its written by Claremont. 2 stars.
Enrique Peral
Nov 16, 2015 Enrique Peral rated it really liked it
Divided we stand.
Potatowast3
Feb 15, 2014 Potatowast3 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
this showed up in the mail by mistake and I was happy with it since it turned out to be better than the book I actually ordered. Skottie Young rocked his part in this.
David Edmonds
Nov 26, 2011 David Edmonds rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2010, x-men
Just a collection of short stories that don't seem to have any real bearing on the overall story being told. These stories follow up on some of the lesser characters in the X-Titles right now, I guess telling why we won't be seeing most of them in the upcoming collections. If you're following the current X-Men stories and skip this collection, I don't think that you'll be missing a thing.
Strawberry
Aug 24, 2010 Strawberry rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
After reading this for the second time I still find it quite disappointing. This volume tells the stories of different mutants and what they do now that Scott has disbanded the X-men. Unfortunately I can't bring myself to feel with the various characters (Hank McCoy is the only exception, that story was quite okay).
Ryan
May 14, 2012 Ryan rated it liked it
Kind of mediocre stories with nice art. The stories aren't very long, so Marvel bulks out the collection with indexes detailing several x-related characters.
Shannon Appelcline
Sep 23, 2012 Shannon Appelcline rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Some of the character portraits are nice, particularly for fans of the New X-Men, but there's nothing of substance here.
Joshua Topliffe
Joshua Topliffe rated it it was ok
May 26, 2016
Nick
Nick rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Marvel Reader
Marvel Reader marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Matthew Farmer
Matthew Farmer marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Julianna
Julianna rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Charles-Louis
Charles-Louis rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2016
Adam M
Adam M rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Alex Reynolds
Alex Reynolds marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Corey
Corey marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Rachel Johannigmeier
Rachel Johannigmeier rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Michael DeLong
Michael DeLong rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
  • X-Men: Curse of the Mutants
  • New X-Men by Grant Morrison Ultimate Collection - Book 3
  • X-Men: The Day After
  • Decimation: Generation M
"How he got started in comics: In 1983, when Fraction was 7 years old and growing up in Kansas City, Mo., he became fascinated by the U.S. invasion of Grenada and created his own newspaper to explain the event. "I've always been story-driven, telling stories with pictures and words," he said.

Education and first job: Fraction never graduated from college. He stopped half a semester short of an art
More about Matt Fraction...