Start by marking “The History of Farting” as Want to Read:
The History of Farting

The History of Farting

3.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  76 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
This is a collection of papers from the Bart Collection on the history of farting. The collection was started by Benjamin Bart on discovering several papers in his grandmother Emily's cedar chest, and are available with the help of the Australian Literature Council.
Published November 1st 1995 by Trans-Atlantic Publications

To ask other readers questions about The History of Farting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The History of Farting

Christopher Roberts
"You don't have to be a genius to laugh at a fart, but you have to be a moron not to."

Louis CK
Joseph
Feb 01, 2015 Joseph rated it liked it
Before anyone thinks I'm crazy for reading this... I found this along with the Future of Farting in a used book store in Tacoma. It was a last minute decision to buy the pair that was pushed on me by my sister. At some point during the trek home we got stuck in traffic. This book helped us survive 1 1/2 hours of bumper to bumper. Parts had us crying and other parts were just plain wrong. Reminded me of the cat book I read, "I could pee on this". Overall worth the laughter.
Talbot Hook
Dec 26, 2013 Talbot Hook rated it did not like it
This is a book of limericks under the guise of history. I have a book of limericks. I need no others. Also, thanks Christmas for your tasteful and insightful books! You know me all too well!
Fred Perry
Feb 21, 2013 Fred Perry rated it it was ok
Book "stinks." Merely an anecdotal collection and a poorly organized one, at that. Subject deserves more than just a re-telling of commonly available fart related stories!
Monty
Jan 19, 2016 Monty rated it liked it
I read this book in one sitting without farting even once. Parts of it had me laughing out loud and some parts were mundane--sort of like farts. The last section had a dictionary of farts, and one that I especially liked was the yoga fart which explained how yogis eat lentils for several days running and then, while sitting in the lotus position, are assisted in levitating by their farts. And there were several limericks from a series about the Farta from Sparta. It's a fun book to read, and I i ...more
Pam
Sep 20, 2011 Pam rated it it was amazing
YES,I READ IT!If you're looking for a book to entertain your crazy friends_this is the one!
It is based upon a collection of the Late Sir Gustave Bart,Surgeon-General in the Prince of Wales,(an ACTUAL PERSON)_who gave frequent medical advice to soldiers and settlers.Dr.Benjamin Bart received the Bart Collection from his Grandmother the widow of Sir Gustave Bart.An Adviser to the Australian Literature Board persuaded him to publish this in book form.It is hilarious,it's historical from a medical s
Cindy
Apr 22, 2014 Cindy rated it liked it
At the end of reading this, I sat down and asked my self why I even picked this book up in the first place. The title says it all. A book about flatulence indeed. Cachinnation and giggles throughout the book. I loved the parts which rhymed and the descriptions..
Trevor Mauss
Jan 16, 2015 Trevor Mauss rated it liked it
Shelves:
Gives good definitions of different farts...whale fart, quack quack fart, etc. It's good to have gas and bad to hold it in, so let em rip.
Tiffany
Jan 29, 2015 Tiffany rated it really liked it
The limericks killed me. I was chuckling and snorting all over myself. This satisfied the most immature parts of my adult self.
Snufkin
Sep 03, 2015 Snufkin rated it really liked it
A joke Christmas present from my gramps many years ago! Glad it popped out of the cupboard again!
T.J.
Mar 21, 2016 T.J. rated it did not like it
stupid waste of time. wasnt funny or informative.
HABIBAH
I SAID I WANTED TO READ IT HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND
Rosie
Jul 01, 2015 Rosie rated it liked it
lolz
Katharine Grubb
Jan 11, 2015 Katharine Grubb rated it liked it
Shelves: funny, poetry
Not so much a deep history of the subject, as some true treasures in the limerick.
Chuck
Sep 20, 2009 Chuck rated it liked it
The title kind of says it all. You have an actual scholarly discussion of how fart works, actually examples of historical figures farting, and a collection of limericks that are second to none. Not to be missed is the entire chapter of limmericks about the Farta from Sparta, and the A-Z of farting (the X ray fart).

Very funny for those of us who remain a bit immature.
Sam.ohm.negi
May 19, 2013 Sam.ohm.negi rated it it was ok
Shelves: may-2013
Marcus
Dec 12, 2014 Marcus rated it it was ok
Shelves: other
Yes I read this one. I was actually disappointed though. About 10 really funny pages in the whole thing. The rest, um, stunk. =)
Larry Kenney
Jan 26, 2012 Larry Kenney rated it it was amazing
As I am a 7 year old trapped in a mans body, I found this book of poems about farting quite hilarious.
Manuel
Aug 17, 2008 Manuel rated it it was amazing
Yes, I actually read this. If you would like to borrow it, please let me know.
Kor314
Jan 24, 2013 Kor314 rated it it was amazing
This was and is the worlds most funniest book of farting.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Feb 26, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it liked it
Recommends it for: a gift for the guy in your life
Shelves: read-in-2010
For the snickering little boy in each of us.
Patrick Lawrence O'Keeffe
Mar 09, 2009 Patrick Lawrence O'Keeffe rated it it was amazing
I'm not the only one who enjoys it.
JoAnn
Aug 10, 2015 JoAnn rated it liked it
SO AMUSING. :D
Kidswithforks
Jan 14, 2013 Kidswithforks rated it it was amazing
Amazing
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Kyle Walker
Kyle Walker marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Iván Brave
Iván Brave marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Mikael
Mikael rated it did not like it
Jun 06, 2016
David Anuta
David Anuta marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
May 29, 2016