The History of Farting

The History of Farting

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  15 reviews
This is a collection of papers from the Bart Collection on the history of farting. The collection was started by Benjamin Bart on discovering several papers in his grandmother Emily's cedar chest, and are available with the help of the Australian Literature Council.
Published November 1st 1995 by Trans-Atlantic Publications

To ask other readers questions about The History of Farting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The History of Farting

Christopher Roberts
"You don't have to be a genius to laugh at a fart, but you have to be a moron not to."

Louis CK
Pam
YES,I READ IT!If you're looking for a book to entertain your crazy friends_this is the one!
It is based upon a collection of the Late Sir Gustave Bart,Surgeon-General in the Prince of Wales,(an ACTUAL PERSON)_who gave frequent medical advice to soldiers and settlers.Dr.Benjamin Bart received the Bart Collection from his Grandmother the widow of Sir Gustave Bart.An Adviser to the Australian Literature Board persuaded him to publish this in book form.It is hilarious,it's historical from a medical s...more
Oblongata
At the end of reading this, I sat down and asked my self why I even picked this book up in the first place. The title says it all. A book about flatulence indeed. Cachinnation and giggles throughout the book. I loved the parts which rhymed and the descriptions..
Chuck
The title kind of says it all. You have an actual scholarly discussion of how fart works, actually examples of historical figures farting, and a collection of limericks that are second to none. Not to be missed is the entire chapter of limmericks about the Farta from Sparta, and the A-Z of farting (the X ray fart).

Very funny for those of us who remain a bit immature.
Sam.ohm.negi
Talbot Hook
This is a book of limericks under the guise of history. I have a book of limericks. I need no others. Also, thanks Christmas for your tasteful and insightful books! You know me all too well!
Fred Perry
Book "stinks." Merely an anecdotal collection and a poorly organized one, at that. Subject deserves more than just a re-telling of commonly available fart related stories!
Marcus
Yes I read this one. I was actually disappointed though. About 10 really funny pages in the whole thing. The rest, um, stunk. =)
Larry Kenney
As I am a 7 year old trapped in a mans body, I found this book of poems about farting quite hilarious.
Manuel
Yes, I actually read this. If you would like to borrow it, please let me know.
Kor314
This was and is the worlds most funniest book of farting.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Feb 26, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: a gift for the guy in your life
Shelves: read-in-2010
For the snickering little boy in each of us.
Patrick Lawrence O'Keeffe
I'm not the only one who enjoys it.
JoAnn
SO AMUSING. :D
Rick Hockman
Rick Hockman is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2014
Lacey
Lacey added it
Aug 04, 2014
Aaron Dudziński
Aaron Dudziński marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Maura
Maura marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Lance Saxon
Lance Saxon marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014