Breastfeeding for Dummies

Breastfeeding for Dummies

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Offers practical advice on various things from making preparations at home and starting to breastfeed at the hospital to breastfeeding while working and weaning. This title helps to discover how to: tell if your baby is getting enough milk; solve breastfeeding problems; nurse two children at a time; and, breastfeed outside the home.
Published April 2nd 2004 by Wiley Publishing

Angela Alcorn
This was actually surprisingly good. It covered most things I'd learned elsewhere plus quite a few things that were completely new to me. It didn't just stick to breastfeeding either. There was quite a bit of related info that was also good to take in.

If you read it all in one hit it's a teensy bit repetitive, but only because it's ideal as a reference book. Despite this, it's still quite readable - and it doesn't take long to get through.

Karyn
I didn't think a whole book was necessary for this topic, but it is! After spending about 8 hours a day for the past several weeks on this new endeavor, I am so glad to have this reference. Just wish it had a section on burping & spit up... crucial topics for sure (o;
joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire*
this was fine as a reference, but there are much better books out there for more thorough information. if i had to take an SAT on breastfeeding, this would, perhaps, have been more useful... it's that kind of book.
Rochelle
I *hate* "For Dummies" books. This book was excellent! Straightforward and easy to find what you're looking for.
Jessica
Worked for me. What does that say about me?
Laura Truscott
Laura Truscott marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Vuqar Ehmedov
Vuqar Ehmedov marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Amy
Amy added it
Aug 24, 2013
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Nanique Greenhill
Nanique Greenhill is currently reading it
Nov 01, 2012
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
Bozena
Bozena added it
Aug 13, 2012
Leticia
Leticia marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2010
Kaori
Kaori marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2008
Sharon is an RN with over 20 years experience in maternal child health, oncology, and ophthalmology. She was the RN coordinator for an internationally known fertility clinic for five years, worked over ten years in labor and delivery, and took care of the tiniest newborns in neonatal intensive care.
More about Sharon Perkins...
Infertility For Dummies The RFID Truancy Solution (The RFID Solution) Fertility and Infertility For Dummies, UK Edition Endometriosis For Dummies (For Dummies (Health & Fitness)) PCOS for Dummies