Start by marking “Surrendered Control” as Want to Read:
Surrendered Control

Surrendered Control (The Control Series #1)

When unwilling erotic dancer Amy Jones was gifted a holiday to Lanzarote she had no idea how much it would change her life. Everything she knew was about to fall apart all thanks to an encounter with a handsome blue eyed stranger. He will show her truths and help her face her innocence, but can she live with his need to control and the reasons behind it? Debonair businessm ...more
Published October 24th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Surrendered Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surrendered Control

Chris  Carroll
3.5 Stars -

This is the first book by this author so I was excited to check out her work. I love it when I can find a series of books that I can just power read at one time, especially when they delve into the genres I love.

This Romance brings in a bit of suspense and a light touch of erotica. The author sets up an interesting storyline that leaves us wondering about the background and underlying history of James and Amy.

For me, the writing style of this author is very proper and stiff. It is not
Tanaka - The Romantic Angel Blog
Surrendered Control is the first debut book by Anna Edwards and it is my first book by her. I mean when I started reading the first page of the book, I was so skeptical. But as soon as I got into the story, I just fell in love with the book. It was everything I look for in a book. I was enthralled. Surrendered Control definitely captivated me to a whole other level. It was a book that definitely got me questioning my thoughts while I was reading. That was just brilliant.

Surrendered Control is a
Danielle Harris
Feb 07, 2017 Danielle Harris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Smoking hot read

Holy cow this book is super hot. This is intense, emotional ride, with some dark moments.

Amy ( erotic dancer) meets tall dark and handsome James ( billionaire) at a holiday in Lanzarote. The chemistry between these two is incredible.

I can't wait to read more from this author.
Jo
May 21, 2017 Jo rated it it was ok
I really don't enjoy writing reviews such as the one which is to follow. Particularly when it relates to a debut novel. What I will say, is that looking at the reviews, I am very much a minority voice, so if the synopsis intrigues you, I encourage you to read the book and come to your own decision.

There might have been the kernel of a decent story here. Unfortunately, for me, the execution was sub optimal.

As the reader, I never really felt the connection between the two main characters, nor did
Sara Reece
Nov 16, 2016 Sara Reece rated it it was amazing
*****5 Star Must Read*****

I adore Amy and James. They have an amazing connection and beautiful relationship with undeniable natural trust. After they first meet, both natural raw instinct kicks in. My heart hurt for what Amy had to grow up with and an ultimate betrayal from a family member that she trusted.

The way James feels, he has to completely control himself and everything which is such a caveman thing to do, but he needs someone he can totally be himself with and also trusts himself aroun
Shelley Smith
Nov 16, 2016 Shelley Smith rated it really liked it
Who need enemies with family like Amy's????
Poor Amy only has one family member left and finds out after a one night stand takes more of an interest in her life that that family member has lied to her since her parents died and is using her to get what he wants from her.
James has a controlling and protective nature and wants to do anything and everything he can to protect her but puts her more in danger.
I really liked this debut novel from Anna Edwards and the plot and storyline is really great
Sandra Leblanc
Nov 02, 2016 Sandra Leblanc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Y'all this book is a Five-stars series a awesome story line, Hot Sex but very well written, mystery, lies, and above all Love, can they overcome what's happened to them, you have to wait for the next one, I couldn't put it down!
Krystal Amora Book Reviews
May 09, 2017 Krystal Amora Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
Surrendered Control by Anna Edwards
This is the first book I have read from Anna and it was a refreshing change. In the typical books that I read you start out with some girl who runs into some guy; boy gets girl. By the middle of the book something happens and boy loses girl. By the end boy has girl again HEA. NOT IN THIS SERIES!!!!!YES!!!!!
It was a refreshing read where the couple work through their insecurities and try to keep the relationship moving. Amy is a young woman whose parents were k
Yvonne Eason
May 08, 2017 Yvonne Eason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the debut novel by Anna Edwards and I found it captivating.

Amy loves to dance. She is an erotic dancer in her uncle's club.

Amy's uncle cares for her after the death of her parents and pays for her to take a break to Lanzarote. Whilst there she meets James.

James is dark and mysterious. After sleeping with her he runs out of her appartment and doesn't look back.

James and Amy meet again when he goes to the club to see her. Little does Amy know James isn't all he seemed and her life is ab
J.L. Leslie
I'm so glad I connected with Anna Edwards and received a complimentary copy of this book! I was sucked in right from the start! James and Amy meet while they're both on holiday and the sparks fly. James is very guarded and due to his status (a very wealthy man in the public eye), decides to keep an eye on Amy after their meeting. Good thing he did! This book has a good healthy amount of suspense and danger...which I loved...and a good amount of teasing about what James' past could possibly be ab ...more
Maggie Youngs
Nov 14, 2016 Maggie Youngs rated it it was amazing
So many books out there of this nature but this one stands out, it is fresh & alive thanks to the authors skilled descriptions of places she has lived & loved. Her characters are believable, the relationships are complicated & captivating not to mention erotic. I urge anyone looking for a new enthralling saga to take the plunge & buy this book you wont be disappointed. I cant wait for volume 2.
Frances
May 28, 2017 Frances rated it really liked it
I've read this series out of order but happy that I came back to the beginning. Surrendered Control is James and Amy story on how they get involved with each other. They have to get through the past and family issues to have a future but when one of there's issue comes back to make trouble they have to deal with it.
Helen Beasley
May 07, 2017 Helen Beasley rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 (exceptional)

Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

When you have secrets they will always come out even if you don't want them to!

Wow this book had me from the moment I started it.

Amy jones is in lanzorote on a vacation that her uncle has treated her to then she has a one night stand with James north after he has done what he has to do he runs out her apartment she feels used when she returns to England after her holiday she goes to work which is a gentleman cl
Tyneshia
Mar 08, 2017 Tyneshia rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, it took me a little bit to get into but as i kept reading the story sucked me in. I love the characters and the storline is interesting and different. There is some very steamy scenes and some awesome twists. This is my first book from this author and I am excited to read more.
Suzie
Mar 04, 2017 Suzie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 star

4.5 stars for this book. The relationship between James and Amy is intense from the beginning. James is struggling with his past but he has to let Amy in in order to chase away the demons.
Tania Fitzgerald
Jan 01, 2017 Tania Fitzgerald rated it it was amazing
Michelle
Feb 13, 2017 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 5-star-read, arc
Amy Jones is a 21 year old dancer in a strip club and James North is an Alpha Billionaire with lots of secrets. Amy and James meet while on vacation and the sexual chemistry between these two is wild! This is Anna Edwards debut novel and it is a well written story line with well developed characters. Surrendered Control is a hot sexy ride that gets better with each page you turn. It's full of suspense and it pulled me in from the start. There is a cliffhanger but lucky for me I already have Book ...more
Jessica Zeleskey
Dec 12, 2016 Jessica Zeleskey rated it really liked it
I received this book for an honest review.

There is a small bit of violence, and a quick blurb about suicide, so if this tends to trigger you just be careful.

This book is a cliffhanger!!

When I started this book I was a bit concerned that after only 4 pages there was a sex scene, and I was worried that this would be all sex and no story line. Boy was I wrong. I am so glad that I kept reading. The plot has you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next.

James's story just breaks my he
Lena Dublin
Nov 19, 2016 Lena Dublin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

This is the first book by Anna Edwards. It's a fabulous debut. The story has great pace and characters. She always leaves you wondering what will happen next.

Amy is a twenty-one year old who dances in her uncle's strip club. Because of who owns the strip club, she is never made to have to perform like the other girls. Although she is naive to many things, her strength of character is what pushes her above the rest. The chick has fight in her.

While on holiday, she meets James. He is
Mel
Jan 02, 2017 Mel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing beginning

What an interesting start to the series

James is an alpha billionaire which I'm sure has you saying yeah I've read that. Let me say James had me cheering for him from the start, even when he was the stereotypical douche.

Amy is trying to find her place in the world. She's not a wilting flower although she's not a balls to wall tough chic. Amy is refreshing and relatable and has me hoping she finds her 'home'.

The storyline is amazing. The depth of emotion makes you hope for
John Manley
Dec 07, 2016 John Manley rated it really liked it
A good first novel from an new author. It is not just a boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back romance. It combines psychology, crime, romance and erotica including controlled BDSM in a well written way that allows the reader to be at one with the characters. Looking forward to the next two books in the series
Lori Hammons
Jan 04, 2017 Lori Hammons rated it it was amazing
Amy and James story is amazing. He is all about controlling every aspect of his life after a life altering event, and falls for the one woman who will stand up for herself against his control at times. They love each other so much, they try to figure it out. But it seems they are oil and water. The fears and love grab your heart in this book and don't let go.
Elaine Marie
Jan 01, 2017 Elaine Marie rated it it was amazing
What a roller coaster ride of emotions. The thrill, the fight, the love and heart ache.... I won't tell you anything else except YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!
Thai Holman
Apr 24, 2017 Thai Holman rated it really liked it
Well written, great characters, enjoyable plot. Great start to a series. I really did enjoy this story.
Loved the cover. First book from me from this author will go into the rest of the series. I would recommend this.
4stars.
Chrystal
Chrystal rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
J
J rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2017
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2017
R. Murray
R. Murray rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2016
Anna Edwards
Apr 19, 2017 Anna Edwards rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kalisha
Kalisha rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2017