Project Jennifer

Project Jennifer

2.93 of 5 stars 2.93  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  21 reviews
What's In A Name? Joan Benjamin, a plain and uptight secretary on Long Island, New York, is suffering an identity crisis brought on by a very bad week. Her ex-fiancejust married someone else;she's lost her cushy overpaid job;and she's been kicked out of her apartment. All because of women named Jennifer! So when Joan learns that her parents almost named her Jennifer, she d...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2008)

Valerie
REally hard to get into. I skipped some of the book.
Alison
Eugh. Joan was shallow and uninteresting, and most of the supporting characters were as lifeless as cardboard cutouts. I just couldn't read the book straight through; after the first 40 pages or so, I was fed up and bored and just skimmed the rest.

In comparison to the middle and beginning, I have to say I liked the ending. If more of the story had involved the characters who were introduced in the last quarter of its pages, or if Joan had grown and developed as a character a tad quicker, I woul...more
Nicole
It was a pretty good book. Joan/Jennifer kinda got on my nerves sometimes while I was reading, but I enjoyed the book overall for the most part. I liked Carrie; I thought she was a great character. I was expecting a different ending than the one that happened, based on the plot for the rest of the book.
Tonya
This book started out funny, but ended up being a bit too much for me. While I liked some of the characters, I kinda wanted to slap the heroine. It was, however, well written.
Amanda Marshall
Witty writing that attacks real (or the lack thereof)relationship issues. I've been through a lot of what this character goes though, so it was nice to realize not all relationship decisions are sane & that often the hormones we have blind us & keep us from seeing the obvious truth. Deep thinking aside, the character is personable and often quite hilarious. Good chiclit for sure.
Krissy Obermark
I know beach reading when I pick it up from the shelf. I'm not going to hold the shallow plot and characters against Rosenblatt - that's kind of the point of these books. I was, however, pleasantly surprised that the ending didn't follow the "chick lit" formula and that I was genuinely interested in the final two chapters.
Jb62
Joan, the main character, was well written. I think the author wrote accurately about how many women feel at the start of relationships - and how we over think things. Joan was able to laugh at herself. She did have a bit of a dark side but luckily got back on track.
Melissa Mattar
Read this book for my chick lit book club (definitely wouldn't have picked it up on my own), it was a very cute, witty, quick little read. The book as a whole was rather easy to relate to and I just loved Joanie (Carrie is was a hoot as well!).
Shalaka
Writing was awful. The main character was not likable, and kind of a loser. Eventually she turns her life around but her attitude was irritating and overly sarcastic one liners were overused.
Stacy
I liked the beginning and the end-but the ENORMOUS mistakes she made in the middle were a little hard to stomach. I would have liked a little more into the future, maybe an epilogue.
Rachelle
This book was very dry and almost boring to me, I thought it sounded good on my sister in laws coffee table but when reading it, it was almost a chore.
Desiree
aside from needing a bit better of an edit/copyedit (for example, something rips a "whole" in a trash bag (ack) ), this was an amusing read.
Laurie
Started out very funny. Probably should have stopped reading when the main character really began to annoy me. She never redeemed herself to me.
Jennifer Everitt
I started this once a few years ago and just couldn't get into it. But when I picked it up to read now I finished it off in not time.
Donna Weber
This book had some very funny moments...enjoyable but not my my favorite...ending leaves you hanging or open to sequel...
Carrie
Good book! Especially the twist at the end, which kept it from being just another chick lit title.
Denise
I did not like this book. Boring and trivial. The plot is solid but the characters were not relatable.
Kelly
good chick read. really easy read. I think I identified with all the men she dated a little too much.
Ajgleck
Kkimball3
Kkimball3 marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Pammy
Pammy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
For Better Or Worse For Better or Worse The Secret Life of Judy Rooney (Happy Birthday Judy!)