Start by marking “Project Jennifer” as Want to Read:
Project Jennifer

Project Jennifer

2.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  123 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
What's In A Name? Joan Benjamin, a plain and uptight secretary on Long Island, New York, is suffering an identity crisis brought on by a very bad week. Her ex-fiancejust married someone else;she's lost her cushy overpaid job;and she's been kicked out of her apartment. All because of women named Jennifer! So when Joan learns that her parents almost named her Jennifer, she d ...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Project Jennifer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Jennifer

Alison
Feb 03, 2014 Alison rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, chick-lit
Eugh. Joan was shallow and uninteresting, and most of the supporting characters were as lifeless as cardboard cutouts. I just couldn't read the book straight through; after the first 40 pages or so, I was fed up and bored and just skimmed the rest.

In comparison to the middle and beginning, I have to say I liked the ending. If more of the story had involved the characters who were introduced in the last quarter of its pages, or if Joan had grown and developed as a character a tad quicker, I woul
Valerie
Nov 06, 2008 Valerie rated it did not like it
REally hard to get into. I skipped some of the book.
Amanda Tm
Sep 03, 2015 Amanda Tm rated it liked it
Melissa Rhoads
Jul 14, 2015 Melissa Rhoads rated it liked it
Definitely a no-brainer, chick-lit book. Had some very funny lines and scenes, and the main character makes every mistake in the book, but I was entertained. The ending was a surprise and I would read what Joan/Jennifer does next. I think I'll change 2s to 3s. ...more
Nicole Lynn Hoefs
Feb 24, 2014 Nicole Lynn Hoefs rated it it was ok
It was a pretty good book. Joan/Jennifer kinda got on my nerves sometimes while I was reading, but I enjoyed the book overall for the most part. I liked Carrie; I thought she was a great character. I was expecting a different ending than the one that happened, based on the plot for the rest of the book.
Katie Mcsweeney
Jul 26, 2015 Katie Mcsweeney rated it it was ok
The ending was solid - I actually loved it.

The rest was woeful. The writing was stiff and Joan said such stupid stupid things... for example when she tells us her mother warned her to always read under STROBE lighting.
Tonya
Feb 07, 2014 Tonya rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
This book started out funny, but ended up being a bit too much for me. While I liked some of the characters, I kinda wanted to slap the heroine. It was, however, well written.
Amanda Marshall
Aug 17, 2009 Amanda Marshall rated it really liked it
Witty writing that attacks real (or the lack thereof)relationship issues. I've been through a lot of what this character goes though, so it was nice to realize not all relationship decisions are sane & that often the hormones we have blind us & keep us from seeing the obvious truth. Deep thinking aside, the character is personable and often quite hilarious. Good chiclit for sure.
Jb62
Jul 11, 2012 Jb62 rated it really liked it
Joan, the main character, was well written. I think the author wrote accurately about how many women feel at the start of relationships - and how we over think things. Joan was able to laugh at herself. She did have a bit of a dark side but luckily got back on track.
Melissa Graham
Mar 22, 2010 Melissa Graham rated it really liked it
Read this book for my chick lit book club (definitely wouldn't have picked it up on my own), it was a very cute, witty, quick little read. The book as a whole was rather easy to relate to and I just loved Joanie (Carrie is was a hoot as well!).
Shalaka
Jun 28, 2013 Shalaka rated it did not like it
Writing was awful. The main character was not likable, and kind of a loser. Eventually she turns her life around but her attitude was irritating and overly sarcastic one liners were overused.
Stacy
I liked the beginning and the end-but the ENORMOUS mistakes she made in the middle were a little hard to stomach. I would have liked a little more into the future, maybe an epilogue.
Rachelle
Jan 04, 2009 Rachelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: chic-lit, 2009-reads
This book was very dry and almost boring to me, I thought it sounded good on my sister in laws coffee table but when reading it, it was almost a chore.
Desiree
Jul 16, 2010 Desiree rated it liked it
aside from needing a bit better of an edit/copyedit (for example, something rips a "whole" in a trash bag (ack) ), this was an amusing read.
Laurie
Oct 14, 2011 Laurie rated it it was ok
Started out very funny. Probably should have stopped reading when the main character really began to annoy me. She never redeemed herself to me.
Jennifer Everitt
Aug 10, 2011 Jennifer Everitt rated it liked it
I started this once a few years ago and just couldn't get into it. But when I picked it up to read now I finished it off in not time.
Donna Weber
Feb 26, 2013 Donna Weber rated it it was ok
This book had some very funny moments...enjoyable but not my my favorite...ending leaves you hanging or open to sequel...
Carrie
May 05, 2009 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Good book! Especially the twist at the end, which kept it from being just another chick lit title.
Denise
Jul 07, 2009 Denise rated it did not like it
I did not like this book. Boring and trivial. The plot is solid but the characters were not relatable.
Kelly
Sep 17, 2010 Kelly rated it it was amazing
good chick read. really easy read. I think I identified with all the men she dated a little too much.
Ajgleck
Charlene
Oct 31, 2008 Charlene rated it it was amazing
Hysterical!
Maialen
Maialen marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Hilary
Hilary marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Christine Amaryllis
Christine Amaryllis is currently reading it
Apr 24, 2016
Stephanie Stone
Stephanie Stone rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Jennifer Lancaster
Jennifer Lancaster marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
  • When You Least Expect It
  • Not Quite A Bride
  • The Cougar Club
  • The Mosts
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • Dress Rehearsal
  • See Jane Write: A Girl's Guide to Writing Chick Lit
  • Reunion
  • Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks (Demon, #2)
  • Save as Draft
  • Last Chance Knit & Stitch (Last Chance, #6)
Writer, reader, bibliophile, wanna be watercolorist, saxophonist, photographer...owner of short attention span and overactive imagination.

Author of the new suspense series The Fixer.

The first in the series, The Fixer: The Naked Man - A Katerina Mills Novella is available in paperback and on Kindle, Kobo, and Nook.

Book 2, The Fixer: The Killing Kind will be released in Summer 2016.

Author of Projec
More about Jill Amy Rosenblatt...