Start by marking “Dying for You (The Protectors, #30)” as Want to Read:
Dying for You (The Protectors, #30)

Dying for You (The Protectors #30)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  436 ratings  ·  19 reviews
It was the job of her dreams...but it became her worst nightmare....All private security agent Lucie Evans wanted was a fresh start--and the chance to show Sawyer McNamara, her ex-boss, that she no longer craved his absolution for a crime she didn't commit. So when the offer of a trip to South America as the personal bodyguard to a billionaire heiress came up, Lucie jumped ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 377 pages
Published December 1st 2008 by HQN (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dying for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying for You

jenjn79
Nov 23, 2008 jenjn79 rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: readers of Barton's "Protectors" series
Recommended to jenjn79 by: favorite author, continuation of a series
The last book in Beverly Barton's popular "Protectors" series...which is rather sad. I haven't read all the books, yet, but I've enjoyed the ones that I have read, especially the longer ones. This one included.

Anyway, Dying For Youfeatures not only the oft-requested couple Lucie and Sawyer, but also wraps up storylines for Cara and Bain, and Daisy and Geoff. Though you might be able to read this book as a stand-alone and not have many problems, it reads almost as a sequel to the last "Protectors
Barb
Sawyer and Lucie's story was anticipated by me for a long time and I have to say it did not disappoint. I was dying to read their story from the beginning when the fireworks were clearly evident between these two in the other Dundee Agency books. Not only do you get their love story but you get three for the price of one. The secondary characters were wonderful as well. The only thing I would have improved upon was more of the book being devoted to Sawyer and Lucie and longer love scenes. As sta ...more
Jane Stewart
I didn’t like the reason the couple was apart, and the suspense story could have been better.

STORY BRIEF:
Lucie and Sawyer work for a private security firm. Lucie has loved Sawyer for years. Sawyer also has feelings for Lucie, but he fights those feelings and has avoided her for nine years, due to a misunderstanding. Lucie quits her job and becomes a bodyguard for Cara, a billionaire traveling to S. America for business. While there, kidnappers think Lucie is Cara and kidnap her for ransom. Sawye
Netha
the protector series entah buku ke berapa
ke 30 kalo ga salah ingat

one of my fave book nih....

bercerita ttg lucie evans yg sejak remaja sudah jatuh cinta dengan sawyer mcnamara namun semua impiannya hancur dengan kematian adik sawyer, sahabat lucie yg ternyata jg mencintai lucie sama spt sawyer.

kematian adik sawyer langsung memutuskan segala hubungan lucie & sawyer namun lucie tetap mencintai sawyer.
saat sawyer masuk FBI dia ikut, saat sawyer keluar & bergabung dengan dundee private inves
Cindi
I felt this book was trying too hard to cover everything the author wanted to convey at this, the last book in the Dundee Agency series. There were 3 romances, all with men who didn't want to be in love; too much of the same thing. Too many threads were undeveloped or left me thinking "why mention this?". Where the author had a great storyline going, it seemed to be over before the suspense kicked in. There was never a pinacle. Many, many typos in my edition!!! I have read other books in this se ...more
Marcy
This was the first book of Beverly baton I read. It move fast and she gives great depth to her characters. Will definately read more of this series
Angela Wade
Sherry
As one of Beverly Barton’s “Protector" series, I would rate Dying for You 4 stars yet as an overall work ; 3 and a half. I did enjoy seeing the conclusion of several on hold relationships at the Dundee Private Security and Investigation Agency, I have been personally and hopefully waiting for another Barton original, like her Cherokee Point series. Any reader who enjoys danger linked with romance would enjoy this book as well as Barton fans everywhere. Well worth going in the cart.
Dawn
So many of Beverly Barton's books seem similar. I think I've read other books by her featuring the same characters, but I can't guarantee it. I think the reason I keep reading her is that every now and then she really knocks one out of the park in the suspense department. I get tired of the sappy, romance end of things, but if I skip that stuff, there's often a good story behind it. This one wasn't one of the better ones. Still good, just nothing nail-biting.
Kay
I discovered this book at the library and wondered why I hadn't read it since I do make a point of reading Barton's mystery books. It didn't take long before I realized this was a Romantic-Suspense. It was okay but too much romance and too little suspense for my tastes. I knew what was going to happen within a couple of chapters but of course, had to read the whole thing to see if I was right! Yes, I was.
Andrea
I enjoyed this book however I put put off with the soapish drama with the 4 main 6 leads. The I love you and you love me but wait we can never be together because blah blah blah was really off putting. Now on the other hand the action was great and the sad love of the two main leads were wonderful. It was a really good book but not the best I've ever read.
Grace
I enjoyed this book and found it easy to read. Even though it was number 30 in a series, it was fine to read as a stand alone book. I would like to read other books in the series, although the ending of the book was a bit like a fairy tale, i.e. "and they all lived happy ever after".
Jan
The story was well written for what it was. It was a spy/chick flick. Think Charlies Angels...love, danger, and betrayel. A cliche is the best way to describe it. Damsel in distress, "prince Charming" sent to the rescue. This would be what i consider a good beach read.
Dana Serini
Great romance with more than one couple involved and a great mystery to go along with all of them
Faye
Jul 06, 2010 Faye added it
I'm reading my way through her books. Good mystery writer.
Colleen
Loved it! One of my all time favorites by Barton!
Lesley
Sawyer and Luce finally. So Sorry the series ended
A Sulistio
Nothing...
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Dayna
Dayna added it
Dec 07, 2014
Evie
Evie marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Monteze Brown
Monteze Brown marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Sarah Fudge
Sarah Fudge marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Yuvadee Patchon
Yuvadee Patchon marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Laura Thompson
Laura Thompson marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • Watch Me (Last Stand Series, #3)
  • Always Look Twice (Callahan Brothers, #3)
  • If Looks Could Chill (Passion For Danger, #2)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
  • Dangerous Games: Come Lie with Me / Fatal Justice
  • Brokedown Hearts (Foster Siblings #3)
  • Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)
  • Bad Moon Rising
  • Bad Penny (Cat Dupree, #3)
  • Wolf and Punishment (The Alaska Princesses Trilogy #1)
  • Now You Die (Bullet Catcher, #6)
  • Sudden Death (FBI Trilogy, #1)
  • I'm Watching You
  • Takedown (The Precinct, #12)
Beverly Marie Inman was born on 23 December 1946 in Tuscumbia, Alabama, USA. Daughter of Doris Marie and Walter D. Inman Jr. A born romantic, she fell in love with The Beauty and the Beast epic at an early age, when her grandfather bought her an illustrated copy of the famous fairy tale. Even before she learned to read and write, her vivid imagination created magical words and fabulous characters ...more
More about Beverly Barton...
The Dying Game (Griffin Powell, #7) The Murder Game (Griffin Powell, #8) Dead By Midnight (Griffin Powell #11) Close Enough To Kill (Griffin Powell, #6) Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)