Start by marking “Digging for Spain: A Writer's Journey” as Want to Read:
Digging for Spain: A Writer's Journey

Digging for Spain: A Writer's Journey

'There are two places for every one: The place we imagine and the one waiting for us when we get there.'
Here is a portrait of the growth of a writer, of the challenges of faith, and the route one woman takes to reach a better accommodation with herself, and her family. It's heartfelt and lyrical narrative - as the author questions her closest relationships, and some of the
Published March 14th 2008 by Longacre Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Digging for Spain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digging for Spain

Vanda
May 05, 2008 Vanda rated it really liked it
This was a book that resonated with me in so many ways. Many of the questions Penelope was asking and beliefs she was questioning were those that had been banging away at me. This book has encouraged me to be brave and take a closer look at my own life.
The author is honest and opens her heart and feelings to the reader in a quiet, yet tough way. You're left with the feeling of being grateful for going along and observing the journey, and for the questions it triggers in you.
Bachyboy
Apr 13, 2011 Bachyboy rated it liked it
This was a frank, very personal and honest account of a writer's search for herself, probably one that most women could identify with. She is a very good writer and I read the book in one day, following her attempts to make sense of Spain and her life.
Dorothee Kocks
Dorothee Kocks rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2011
Don Judkins
Don Judkins rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2013
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2012
Caroline Clifford
Caroline Clifford marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2010
Raewyn
Raewyn marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Otessa
Otessa marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Todd, Penelope (1958- ) spent her first thirty years in Christchurch, and now lives in Dunedin. She works freelance as a manuscript consultant and editor.
More about Penelope Todd...