Start by marking “More Stories to Solve: Fifteen Folktales from Around the World” as Want to Read:
More Stories to Solve: Fifteen Folktales from Around the World

More Stories to Solve: Fifteen Folktales from Around the World

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In this intriguing sequel to Stories to Solve, Shannon gives us 15 more short, timeless stories from many cultures. And there is a riddle--and an answer--to each of them.
Published April 1st 1991 by Greenwillow Books (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about More Stories to Solve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Stories to Solve

Jamie
A collection of short story riddles for children but even adults can have fun with this. A great activity to do with your child is even better. Read perhaps 1 a day with you kid and try to figure each one out. Some are logical, others are just plain silly. Either way you will have fun trying to figure them out.
Caitlin W.
Do you like outsmarting your opponents? This is a collection of short stories and riddles from around the world that display the cleverness of the characters within. Each short story or riddle ends on a page with a question, asking the reader to try to guess how the hero outsmarted everyone and attained victory. The solution is on the following page, so the reader can take as much time as he or she needs to try to work through the problem, or just immediately read the solution if he or she can't ...more
Fred Kohn
This book was recommended to me by a coworker because of my penchant for telling funny stories and riddles. Honestly, I dish it out more easily than I take it (I hate to feel dumb!) but these were pretty fun. The ones that I missed didn't (for the most part) make me feel very dumb because I thought the "answers" were just kind of silly.
Thomas Andrikus
I am starting to get more and more enchanted by these riddle-folktales~

My favourite one from this book is the folktale No.8: "Never Seen, Never Heard" which relates to Aesop of Babylon.
Julie
Stories that make you think. I read a short story, solve the puzzle and then feel clever, or my children feel clever with themselves.
Mike
Love these short story/riddles...now if I ever come across one of them on my travels I will know how to answer.
Ruth
Nov 12, 2010 Ruth marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Not as great as the first collection of folktales. I was disappointed.
Dee
Great for read-alouds and illustrated by peter Sis.
Shannon
I thought these books were absolute genius.
Mikanchin
大人でも楽しい。

ヒントをあげたらわかりやすいよ。
K.B.L.
K.B.L. marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Richard Mascarenhas
Richard Mascarenhas is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2014
May
May marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Jun 21, 2014
Loughlin
Loughlin is currently reading it
May 07, 2014
Vina Nguyen
Vina Nguyen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Leila
Leila marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Suzanne Jordan
Suzanne Jordan marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Rabbit's Gift White Is for Blueberry Who Put the Cookies in the Cookie Jar? Tomorrow's Alphabet A Very Witchy Spelling Bee