Start by marking “My Own Nightmare (Shattered Lives Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Own Nightmare (Shattered Lives Series, #1)

My Own Nightmare (Shattered Lives #1)

One night a life changed. My life.

I used to write about chaos – about lives turning on a dime. Never once did I think it would ever happen to me. I went from a blossoming career to a prisoner in the span of a single evening. A living nightmare I was determined to escape.

The price of evil was high, but I wasn’t backing down. I knew in my heart the men in my life would be
Kindle Edition
Published November 26th 2016 by Barbara Shuler

To ask other readers questions about My Own Nightmare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Own Nightmare

SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
This book is defiantly not for the weak-minded. It has some graphic scenes about abuse and sexual abuse. I know that can bother some people.
Being a debut novel it was really good and I enjoyed this book.
World building was great and so were characters, there had a great development and a great backstory, so you knew what was going on.

You can find my full review here:
Emily Maynard
Dec 30, 2016 Emily Maynard rated it it was amazing
There is no way I can be unbiased about this book, because my bff wrote it. I have been privy to the idea of this book from way back when it was half formed little piece of fanfic, up until the fully formed novel it is today. I helped edit it, rooted for it, and begged for a particular scene in it. I called Drew by Dean Winchester's name the entire time she was writing it, because Jackson and Drew are Sam and Dean in my head. I couldn't be prouder of her for making her dream come true.

Be ye warn
Kelly
Nov 15, 2016 Kelly rated it really liked it
My Own Nightmare (Shattered Lives #1)
by Barb Shuler

☆☆☆4 stars☆☆☆

Received an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is the debut novel for new author Barb Shuler and it was absolutely everything. Drama, tragedy, loss and the epitome of what evil can do to a person. My mind is a mess of emotions and what a creepy ride I was taken on!

Dani Lynn had a good life, graduating college, and starting a career as a writer. She had some great friends and the love of her life beside her
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 07, 2016 Spunky N Sassy rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~~

I had always been nervous about my best friend's sister Nicole and there was a reason for it. I am an author who writes about chaos. During a celebration of my career and after announcing some personal news to my best friend. I made one mistake thinking I was safe. The horrors that I was facing and I knew I had to save myself but was I strong enough to save more than me? Even safe was I really? She changed me and that will never l
Jodie Scott
Nov 16, 2016 Jodie Scott rated it it was amazing
My own nightmare by Barb Shuler

WOW….. Just wow… What a ride this book has taken me on! I was hooked from page one and and wasn't putting it down for anything or anyone! The depth of detail and the intricacy of the storyline and characters were mind blowing and i wouldn't change a single part of it! It was very well planned out with many twists thrown your way that this author seems to be able to do for the fun of it! I could just imagine her sat there laughing as shit wrote this knowing her read
Missy Harton
Nov 28, 2016 Missy Harton rated it it was amazing
What a dangerously exciting debut work! Great detail and amazing dynamics! Look for my full review at Mommy's Naughty Playground
Books On Fire Tours
Mar 07, 2017 Books On Fire Tours rated it it was amazing
A gripping, but disturbing tale about obsession, compulsion and love. I loved this book, the writing and mostly the two main characters. Barb Shuler is definitely an Author we will be keeping a close eye on.
Kathy Wideman
This book was great. I was hooked from the minute I picked it up. Dani is an author and while at a book signing in her hometown her whole life changed. She had always been nervous around her best friend’s sister, Nicole. There was just something about her that put Dani on edge. Turns out she was right to be worried and nervous around Nicole. Dani knew should be scared but that she couldn’t back down. She had to survive. She knows the men in her life will be looking for her she just needs to hold ...more
Dolores
Nov 21, 2016 Dolores rated it it was amazing
Shelves: barb-shuler
I received this book to GIVE MY TRUE AND HONEST REVIEW

I'm honoured that I was one of Barb Shuler's first readers & I can honestly say that the first part of My Own Nightmare I didn't get straight into it so I did what I did, not to carry on reading it for that first day but early the next day I re-started again & I COULDN'T put it down and the intense suspense & the heart in mouth moments
I really enjoyed it & I think you might do also, as it's in the different characters scenario
Jo Dawson
Nov 30, 2016 Jo Dawson rated it really liked it
My Own Nightmare is the debut novel by Barb Shuler, it’s the story of jealousy and deception in a small town. As a young woman, primed to take on the world, has been abducted, no one can determine who or why. When the truth is revealed, the story takes more trips down the unknown, but very dark, path. This tale of mystery drag family skeletons out of the closet shattering families.

This was a really good read, I look forward to more books by Ms. Shuler.
Annie
Nov 28, 2016 Annie rated it really liked it
My Own Nightmare is a solid debut for budding novelist, Barb Shuler. The twists and turns in the plot kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat, I had to finish it all in one sitting. Plus, I think I need a Xanax after it is all said and done. At the very least a healthy swig of whiskey is in order. Holy crap! 4.5 Stars!
Jessica Garcia
Dec 04, 2016 Jessica Garcia rated it it was amazing
I really was impressed with how talented the author writing is. I had this chance to read this book before it came out and must say, I really enjoyed it and look foward in reading more books that this author writes!
Jessica Mcbee
Jessica Mcbee rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2016
Dee
Dee rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2017
Paula Shuler
Nov 23, 2016 Paula Shuler rated it really liked it
Excellent first book! The characters and backstory are presented clearly and in great detail. The story is a bit slow to start but picks up quickly and never slows down! I didn't want to put the book down, so I read it in less than a day haha :)
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG) rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2017
Jamie Bates
Jamie Bates rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2017
Laura  Redmon
Laura Redmon marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2016
Cheyenne
Cheyenne marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2016
Lynn Reynolds
Lynn Reynolds marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2016
Kinsey Taylor
Kinsey Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2016
Ash Stone
Ash Stone marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jaden
Jaden marked it as to-read
Lynn Johnson
Lynn Johnson marked it as to-read
Drei Delos Reyes
Drei Delos Reyes marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2016
Vickie Weeks
Vickie Weeks marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2016
Tina Wickham duckwald
Tina Wickham duckwald is currently reading it
Dec 15, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2016
Jennifer Ruble
Jennifer Ruble marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2017
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2017
Kellane Mitchener
Kellane Mitchener marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2017
loisa
loisa added it
Jan 26, 2017
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2017
Laurell A Millheim
Laurell A Millheim is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2017
Anne Milne
Anne Milne marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2017
Line
Line marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2017
Formeka Russell
Formeka Russell marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2017
I’m a Carolina Girl by right and a Texan by birth. Best of both worlds. I have the brass sass to keep up with my Texas sized temper. Living and working in both states I’ve learned a lot about hard work, adapting to your surroundings and making the best of the path that you have been led down. My grandma Dollie once told me I would know what I was meant to do when it happened. She was right, as alw ...more
More about Barb Shuler...