Start by marking “Toot Toot Beep Beep” as Want to Read:
Toot Toot Beep Beep

Toot Toot Beep Beep

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Colorful cars beep-beep, toot-toot, vroom-vroom, and whoosh across these collage-like pages, inviting kids along on an entertaining trip. Little ones will love joining in with the sounds, reading them aloud as they watch a little red jeep, big blue van, sleek black sports car, long pink limousine, and big yellow taxi pass by. But what do you get when all these vehicles mak ...more
Published August 5th 2008 by Boxer Books

To ask other readers questions about Toot Toot Beep Beep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toot Toot Beep Beep

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Pete the Cat by Eric LitwinBark, George by Jules FeifferThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleFrom Head to Toe by Eric Carle
How to rock toddler storytime
64th out of 290 books — 133 voters
Fishing Into Potato Salad by Othen Donald Dale CummingsFetch by Adam Glendon SidwellChicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Silly Sally by Audrey Wood
Toddlers Ages 1-3
82nd out of 148 books — 66 voters

More lists with this book...

Caroline Barron
Although this onomatopoeic read-aloud book has several positive elements, the lack of a narrative would have it better suited to a board book for 0-3 year olds.

‘Toot Toot Beep Beep’ begins with ‘Look at all this traffic!’ and proceeds to use interesting language to describe what various vehicles are doing throughout the day.

The book supports learning through use of prepositions (up, down, around, in, out); onomatopoeia (beep, vroom, honk, toot); and colours, vehicles and adjectives (‘big blue v
Beth Chandler
Charming and colorful book of different cars driving around. Simple yet lively text and colorful illustrations (each vehicle has "eyes" for headlights!) makes this great for toddler and preschool storytime. Kids can make the sound along with the reader.
Emma
This book is pretty nice I guess, and it's nice to have something about the traffic, seeing as Ll is fascinated by it, but it annoys me that it tokenistically and in a really pc way makes only two of the vehicles female, which are a pink limousine (great, when are we ever going to see one of those?) and I forget some other one. Why not just go all the way and make half of them female? And at least one of the tough vehicles like a big truck. Why not?
*edit*
OK, three of the vehicles are female. Any
Vicki
A fun book for vehicle lovers. Fun noises and great pictures. Used clipart pictures to retell the story and the children loved be able to place a vehicle on the marker board using poster putty during storytime.
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at Preschool Story Time on 5/4/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Baby Time (at another branch) on 8/22/12:

Read at Preschool Story Time (at another branch) on 8/22/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Drop-In Story Time on 8/31/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Bambini Travel
From the first few pages, it is clear that Emma Garcia has a great understanding of young children. Toddlers love cars. Toddlers love car sounds. This colorful playful book catalogs a parking garage full of cars that "vroom vroom" "whoosh whoosh" and "brmm brmm" as they speed past. Garcia skillfully embeds a wide range of vocabulary from transportation words like "taxi" and "limousine" to color and size words like "pink" and "long". A perfect read aloud for the many of toddlers out there eager t ...more
Angela
Strong shapes and colors in the illustrations, and large letters with adequate white space. Good repetition in the text, without getting boring. It would be a great choice for teaching colors to car enthusiasts. Also, all the different action words are great for learning about synonyms.

I would have really liked this book if the headlights had been different. They look like eyes! I'm probably in the minority, but I found that kind of offputting (almost creepy).
Kelly
My son who loves cars loves this book! It is great for teaching colors. We've even used it to learn some sight words and letters. The sounds the cars make appear in big letter on the page, making it easy to use this book for the purpose of teaching some letters. My son asks for this book over and over again. Of course I'm sure he loves the funny sound mommy and daddy make while reading it.
Great Books
Beep, beep goes the little red jeep, vroom, vroom goes the black sports car. The littlest readers will love joining in, while the jeep, the big blue van that goes toot, toot and the other cars make their special sounds while rolling across the pages in this study board book. The colorful cars all join together to make a lot of noise, but wait they are all quiet in the parking lot! Reviewer 19
jacky
Natalie really likes this one. She has shown more interest in cars recently, so I got this out thinking she might like it. She has asked for it every night since we first read it. I like how it shows different types of cars and different colors. The sounds are fun.

This could be a great tool for teaching older students how synonyms and adjectives really make a different in writing.
Joy
Very simple picture book about various vehicles and the sounds they make. The art looks like a mixture of painting and collage - lots of simple, strong shapes and bright colors. The text and concept is simple enough to use with toddlers; I'll be using this in a transportation-themed storytime.
Leah
Bright colors, fun illustrations, simple story, and lots of opportunities for kids to chime in naming the colors or even with car noises -- sure to be a storytime hit! Great for the younger set. Update: used in July 2012 storytime and it was great!
Guen
This is a realy fun book. It covers differnt types of cars, colors, and great new vocabulary words. My 5-year-old son and my 2-year-old daughter both enjoy it and I enjoy reading it too them. My kids also enjoy pointing out the bird on each page.
Kristen
A good toddler time read, especially for those kids who love automobiles. I enjoy the illustrations and had fun having the kids repeat all the car sounds with me in story time. The interactive possibilities with this book are fun.
Michelle Brandstetter
EL Skills - Print motivation, print awareness, vocabulary, & phonological awareness. Activities - Read, talk, & play. Different colors, cars, and sounds help young readers have fun while learning about the world around them.
Melissa
This would be great for a transportation OR colors story-time. Children will love making all the different sounds and identifying the bright colors. Not as long as some of the other transportation books I've used in the past.
Barbara
More appealing toddler fodder from the author of 'Tip, Tip, Dig, Dig', this time about different types of cars and colors. Each car has a different sound word to chant out loud. Big clear illustrations for storytime.
Heather
A very cute book for little boys. I especially like the ending, where you're prompted to say "nighty night" to the cars preparing to "sleep" in the parking garage.
Brindi
Great for a story time about nosies, the city, or cars. Kids will have fun making the noises, and this would be a great flannel board or apron/prop story.
Library Quine
An attractive book about traffic with a different noise and colour for each vehicle. Lots of noises and repetition, a fun book for car lovers.
Danielle
This is a good book to get children to participate by making the vehicle sounds with you but the pictures are not very nice looking.
Edna
"Look at all this traffic" prefaces a typical day of brightly colored vehicles and the unique sounds they make.
Betty
"whoosh whoosh" goes the long pink limousine...first time hearing my son "read" an entire book. It was awesome.
Amy Brown
Sequel to Tip Tip Dig Dig but not as good. Still a transportation story that can be used in storytime.
Angela
Christopher loves this book. We read it every night. He loves to make all of the car sounds.
Molly
Good choice for Bunny hop. Large, pictures, with bold colors, limited words and lots of sounds.
Prplpckl
Great book of onomatopoeia and action words. A great book for a child who love cars.
Lisa
Good adjectives and examples of various vehicles. A great book for toddlers!
Lolo
Dec 08, 2013 Lolo added it
he will say toot toot beep beep
Sylvester
2* art
2* story/concept

Not as great as Tip Tip Dig Dig - which is one of Squirt's favorites.
  • Hello, Day!
  • My Car
  • Clip-Clop
  • Wow! Said the Owl
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • If You're Happy and You Know It!
  • Say Hello Like This!
  • Shape by Shape
  • The Seals on the Bus
  • Under My Hood I Have a Hat
  • I Love Trucks!
NEVER GOOGLE HEARTBREAK is Emma's first novel very loosely based around her own experiences of being in her thirties and single in London, of being dumped, getting over it, and falling for it all over again. She has worked as a waitress, technical assistant, chambermaid, sandwich designer, product manager, illustrator and teacher, and spent a while traveling and working in Asia. She has also writt ...more
More about Emma Garcia...
Never Google Heartbreak Tip Tip Dig Dig Tap Tap Bang Bang OMG Baby! Der Anfang vom Happy End: Roman