Start by marking “Minnesota Impressionists” as Want to Read:
Minnesota Impressionists

Minnesota Impressionists

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  1 review
AN UNEXPLORED CHAPTER in American art is treated with eloquence in this beautiful book. The period covered is pre-1940. Twenty-seven artists including Nicholas Brewer, Elizabeth Chant, and Alexis Jean Fournier and their paintings are addressed in separate essays, arranged alphabetically for easy reference.
Published October 1st 1996 by Afton Historical Society Pr

To ask other readers questions about Minnesota Impressionists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Minnesota Impressionists

Daniel
I was surprsied at just how much I enjoyed reading and looking through this book. I tend to think of impressionists as being the Monet, pastel ponds and lily-pads types of paintings, but some of these works were very moving.

Outstanding to me were Brewer, Burton, Ericson, Fournier, Koehler, and Norstad. Their works were stong, moving, vibrant and full of the passion of the artist(s).

That each of these artists had ties to Minnesota (my home state) made it all the more interesting. I know many of t
Lindsy
Lindsy marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2011
Jeanne
Jeanne added it
Jan 08, 2012
The Red Man in Art Medicine in Art (Fine Art Books for Young People) The Black Man in Art The Old Testament in Art (Fine Art Books for Young People) Painting and Sculpture in Minnesota, 1820-1914