What Would Wonder Woman Do?: An Amazon's Guide to the Working World

What Would Wonder Woman Do?: An Amazon's Guide to the Working World

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Beyond saving the planet, let's not forget that Wonder Woman also holds down a full-time job. In this hilarious and empowering handbook, the most popular female comic book character unveils her secrets for being a super hero in the office and finding your inner Wonder Woman. Ace a job interview, combat a tyrannical supervisor, move up the corporate ladder, handle office ro...more
Published June 7th 2007 by Chronicle Books

Kat
*An extra star for featuring Wonder Woman* :)
(A birthday gift from my wonderful friend, and perfect considering how recently I began my new job.) The real advice about the workplace is basic common sense, which I expected. The gems here are the classic wonder woman comic panels. They are written in what I suppose is lifelike 40's dialogue, which today reads with definite hilarious, and often sexual, overtones. I breezed through it in one sitting, and got up delighted.
Rachel
This book is kind of sexist and embarrassing (like the way it suggests you should wear glasses to look smart, and leave work to buy shoes only if they are on sale), but the pictures of Wonder Woman are cool. Plus my dad gave it to me for Christmas, so that's another reason why I gave it two stars instead of one. Dad, I know you are trying to be supportive, and it's the thought that counts.
Stacey Costas
In looking for office/job hunting related books I found this one on the shelf. I've always been a fan of comics so I gave it a try. So of the interviewing tips are downright wrong and dangerous in this economy, but otherwise, it was a well balanced humor/helpful book that any comic fan will enjoy (not just women).
Amber
The book was so funny. I enjoy every page. Job advice from Wonder Woman. I loved the old comics drawings in the book too. I might vote might be a little high than other people. The reason being that I'm a huge fan of Wonder Woman.
Julie
Aug 29, 2008 Julie rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Wonder Woman devotees, cubicle slaves who need some superhero girl power
This was fun to flip through, but not something I would visit again. Cool art and cute layout. I might give this as a gift to an office drone female friend if they were having a shit time at work.
Jon
A fun book. Essentially an Ally-McBeal-esque take on Wonder Woman, using vintage comic excerpts. Oddly enough, even as a man, I did find 2 good corporate tips to take with me to work!
Heidi Larew
This was a fun book a great friend gave me for my 40th birthday. Wonder Woman was my favorite superhero when I was a kid.
Jeffrey
cute and funny take on wonder woman if she wold work in an office
Janelle
This is totally hilarious!
Lauren Coyle
Lauren Coyle marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Jeff Darling
Jeff Darling marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Kcjck
Kcjck marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Cecelia
Cecelia marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Katie Wilson
Katie Wilson marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Rebecca Schweitzer
Rebecca Schweitzer marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Ethan S.
Ethan S. marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2013
Amy Cleveland
Amy Cleveland marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jennifer Traig is a frequent contributor to McSweeney's and The Forward. She is the author of a series of young adult books and a humor book, JUDAIKITSCH. She has a Ph.D. in literature and lives in San Francisco.
More about Jennifer Traig...
Devil in the Details: Scenes from an Obsessive Girlhood Well Enough Alone The Autobiographer's Handbook: The 826 National Guide to Writing Your Memoir Judaikitsch: Tchotchkes, Schmattes and Nosherei Don't Forget to Write for the Secondary Grades: 50 Enthralling and Effective Writing Lessons, Ages 11 and Up