Start by marking “The Next Mrs. Blackthorne (Bitter Creek, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Next Mrs. Blackthorne (Bitter Creek, #6)

The Next Mrs. Blackthorne (Bitter Creek #6)

A lavish summer wedding is being planned at Bitter Creek ranch. In one month, Clay Blackthorne will wed socialite Jocelyn Montrose. But when she hears stirrings of a corporate takeover by the family's archrival, North Grayhawk, Jocelyn covertly heads to North's ranch to offer a valuable commodity -- herself -- if North will call off his plans. Striking a deal to spend the ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Next Mrs. Blackthorne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Next Mrs. Blackthorne

Jaime Atkins
Mar 30, 2010 Jaime Atkins rated it it was amazing
I'm a little disapointed that I read this book. It is the first book I've read by Joan Johnston and, therefore, the first of this series that I've read. I wish I had started from the beginning because I loved it. The drama and intrigue was like watching an episode of "Dallas" (does anyone remember that show?), but it was so much fun. I will probably be forced to return to the beginning and get to know these powerful rivals much better which I'm sure will be oh so painful. I usally go to the libr ...more
Tara
Aug 17, 2009 Tara rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who likes romance and Texas
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
This book was like watching a soap opera. It was highly entertaining and focused on two rival families in Texas. Its main story was a trial of Bomber Brown, a trial which Kate's father is presiding. Kate is one of the main characters who spends the book trying to concoct a plan to get her star crossed parents together. This plan was easier once Joss, her father's fiance, was in the arms of her uncle.
the author did a nice job making sure that even though this book is part of the series, I was ab
♥ Vonda M. Reid ♥
Dec 31, 2014 ♥ Vonda M. Reid ♥ rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: 4.75
Action: 3.0 / Emotion: 4.75 / Romance: 5.0 / Sensuous: 2.5 / Suspense: 3.5 // Laughter: 2 / Giggle: 2 // Tears: 2 / Teary: 1

The Next Mrs. Blackthorne: 4.75:
Since Joan Johnston is a favorite author, it was no surprise to find this book to be an enjoyable, easy, entertaining read. The story contained plenty of romance, action, and suspense to keep one tied to most of the characters from beginning to end.

Hero One: 4.5:
North Grayhawk: Although North was portrayed as a man with ic
Orla
Oct 04, 2016 Orla rated it really liked it
This one had alot of subplots
Jodi
Jul 09, 2010 Jodi rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Tonya Lucas
Mar 02, 2015 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing
The saga continues... And this one is not for the faint of heart. Clay's ready to marry and Kate's on the warpath to make sure it's her Mom & Dad, not Jocelyn & Clay who make it to the alter. But as in true Joan Johnston fashion, things go array and danger lurks close. Who will be saved? Who will fall in love? & Who will finally become the next Mrs. Blackthorne???
Winnernu
Sep 01, 2014 Winnernu rated it it was ok
I think I must be growing weary of this author or of this genre. I just didn't enjoy this one as much as I've enjoyed others by this author. I think I'll switch it up for a while then come back because I am interested in the stories of the other Grayhawks and Blackthornes.
Sandy
Mar 21, 2013 Sandy rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-books
I usually like when authors bring back characters from their previous books but I wanted to hear more about North and Joss. I wish it was more about them because really I didn't care about Libby and Clay's story.
Kathi
Feb 13, 2016 Kathi added it
I couldn't read this -- not really the author's fault, but it is book #6 of a series. I haven't read any of the preceding books. My head was spinning mid-way through the first chapter trying to keep characters and back stories straight -- even the names.
Hayesha Balogun
Aug 12, 2012 Hayesha Balogun rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK IS MAKING ME REALLY BELIEVE IN TRUE LOVE. WITH THIS BOOK, I FEEL THAT NO MATTER WHAT, LOVE WILL ALWAYS FIND ITS WAY
Sandy
Aug 26, 2012 Sandy rated it liked it
Got this book a library book sale. It is the 6th in a series. Wish I had started these books from the first one.
Brianon Sheffield
Sep 08, 2009 Brianon Sheffield rated it liked it
Shelves: trashy-novels
the real suspense part of the story didn't start until the last 50 pages, or so it felt to me. this is pretty much a blatant romance novel. ....but i still enjoyed reading it.
Valerie Knox
Valerie Knox rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2011
Robin L
Robin L rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Connie
Connie rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2012
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2012
Daniel Rivera
Daniel Rivera rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2015
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2013
Shyan
Shyan rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2009
Mel Emerson
Mel Emerson rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2013
Kelsey Moody
Kelsey Moody rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2015
Darlene
Darlene rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2010
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2009
Suzy
Suzy rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2013
Okinedo Oghenekome
Okinedo Oghenekome rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Anita
Anita rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Jolynne Otis
Jolynne Otis rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2015
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2013
Vicky Jackson
Vicky Jackson rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2013
  • The Rustler (Stone Creek, #3)
  • The Love of a Lawman (Callister, #3)
  • Lone Star Christmas (Hawk's Way, #11; Long, Tall Texans, #18)
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
  • Always Look Twice (Callahan Brothers, #3)
  • Getting Lucky (Lucky, #3)
  • Anywhere But Here (Anywhere, #1)
  • The Lonely Scarecrow
Joan Johnston (born Little Rock, Arkansas) is a best-selling American author of over forty contemporary and historical romance novels.

Johnston was the third of seven children born to an Air Force sergeant and his music-teacher wife. She received a B.A. in theatre arts from Jacksonville University in 1970, then earning an M.A. in theatre from the University of Illinois, Urbana in 1971. She received
More about Joan Johnston...

Bitter Creek (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Cowboy (Bitter Creek #1)
  • The Texan (Bitter Creek, #2)
  • The Loner (Bitter Creek, #3)
  • The Price (Bitter Creek, #4)
  • The Rivals (Bitter Creek, #5)
  • A Stranger's Game (Bitter Creek, #7)
  • Shattered (Bitter Creek, #8)
  • Sinful (Bitter Creek, #9)
  • Shameless (Bitter Creek #10)
  • Surrender: A Bitter Creek Novel