Start by marking “Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite. Food by Mark Sargeant” as Want to Read:
Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite. Food by Mark Sargeant

Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite. Food by Mark Sargeant

What you are is what you eat. Gordon Ramsay - super-fit chef, marathon runner and high-energy television presenter - is a great advertisement for eating well & staying in the peak of good health. In this book, Gordon presents over 125 dishes using fresh, vital ingredients cooked in the most healthy way.
Published May 2nd 2008 by Quadrille Publishing Ltd (first published January 1st 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite. Food by Mark Sargeant

Kimberly Ann
Feb 15, 2016 Kimberly Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this cookbook, mostly I like the fact that they are easy to understand.... 3-5 basic steps. The pages of the books are colorful but that does not interfere with the visibility of the words. The titles are in a large bold font, the ingredients are in a medium thin font, and the various steps are in a bold font. There are very many lovely & appetizing photographs.

Contents: Introduction; 9 sections of "Healthy" recipes; Healthy basics; Index; and Acknowledgements

Healthy Breakfast: Melon
MissAnnThrope
I guess "healthy" is all perspective, really. If you tend to indulge, then, yes, this is healthy. There are wonderful recipes in this book with fantastic combinations to inspire any cook. The directions are very well-written, and helpful tricks are sprinkled throughout the book. The recipes contain a few ingredients that one might not find easily in their neighborhood grocery store. For the average home cook, most of these recipes aren't simple enough to pull off after a long day of work. It ...more
Lucyzoe
Strange as this may sound, I didn't like the feel of this cookbook. The page weight is too heavy, the spine is really tight so the book won't stay open, and the recipes were boring.

I liked the section on "Healthy Suppers" but didn't really enjoy the rest. I love Chef Ramsay, but this collection of recipes didn't work for me.
Rachel
I liked a fair number of recipes in this book, although most of his approaches are not dieting (like he says in the book) but rather more common sense plus exercise. That being said, I am glad he included a recipe for Pho that I can use without using bones/marrow or tripe, that isn't too difficult to make. I give this book 3 1/2 stars.
Lynda
Jul 22, 2011 Lynda rated it liked it
Was glad I got it from the library. It was awfully pricy for about 100 recipes.

There is some really good information here. I do not like the layout. I got some good recipes. Have liked the ones I tried.
Kim Greenhalgh
Aug 09, 2012 Kim Greenhalgh rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those who want delicious food that is also healthy
Some of the best recipes I've eaten are creations of Gordon Ramsay. Taking that into consideration I jumped at this 'healthier' offering from him. Full of beautiful photos and yummy recipes it is sure to please.
Brenda1960
Jan 25, 2012 Brenda1960 rated it really liked it
This is a good book with tasty food.

I like the fact that they are healthy and not full of butter and cream as I sometimes find GR recipies too rich.

The food here is healthy and full of flavour.

I also recommend FAST FOOD by GR.
Iana
Sep 23, 2013 Iana rated it really liked it
An excellent basic cookbook. It oversells the "healthy" aspect of the dishes, but the dishes are indeed delicious and pretty straightforward to prepare. In any case the book fits my own perspective on things: eating healthily does not mean renouncing enjoyment - quite the contrary!
Beau Behunin
Dec 08, 2012 Beau Behunin rated it it was amazing
Everything I have made out of this book has been fantastic. Not overly complex, the only drawback is finding some of the ingredients in American groceries, not hard to make some substitutions though.
Marzena
A beautifully edited book with many recipes and wonderful photos. Made me bookmark some pages. On the sad note most of the recipes, even those for breakfast or lunch, are very time-consuming.
Stephanie
Feb 04, 2010 Stephanie rated it it was ok
His books are just gorgeous. Recipes aren't necessarily that useful for me, but I still love to oogle.
Katherine
Jul 03, 2011 Katherine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Beautiful layout and photos that really enhance the recipes. I particularly like the "5 Ways with ..." sections" and within that category the ones that covered oily fish and tomatoes.
Dave
Oct 23, 2008 Dave added it
Shelves: england, cookbooks
We've only had a chance to try a few recipes out of here so far, but they've all been excellent and have sparked some new ideas. Looking forward to doing a few more!
Julie
Feb 24, 2010 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
I don't like the way this book is organized. I know it was meant to be original and useful but I found it difficult to construct menus and put dishes together.
Sep 03, 2016 Jennifer rated it liked it
Not really what I would call diet food, with the exception of some fruit and salad. It is OK. Nothing looked interesting enough or tasty enough that I had to make it right away.
Katharine Eves
Jun 25, 2008 Katharine Eves rated it really liked it
a good family meal book, gives loads of great ideas, on healthy meals, not particuarilly good for large groups though - too fiddley
Books and Me Anyway
Nov 02, 2015 Books and Me Anyway rated it it was amazing
Great for beginners and pro. Very nice pictures. Delicious reciepes!
A must in your kitchen.
Wil
Apr 29, 2013 Wil rated it really liked it
I like the simple recipes, that would turn me to a new idea of flavors.
Beka
Jun 11, 2013 Beka rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Delicious pictures and doable recipes, but nothing that I had to have.
Eileen
May 24, 2009 Eileen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Interesting recipes, but a bit too too for my tastes (pun intended).
Denise
Aug 29, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
Simple recipes, easy to follow, mouth watering pictures, delicious food.
Hozan Abdullrahman
Feb 26, 2013 Hozan Abdullrahman is currently reading it
good book
William
Dec 25, 2011 William rated it really liked it
Nice assortment of healthy dishes. Not too hard to make, either!
Melanie Garrett
Jul 19, 2009 Melanie Garrett rated it liked it
Shelves: cookery
I wasn't overwhelmed with this one, but then haven't yet cooked all that much from it.
Miss Downtown NYC
Interesting to learn about Chef Ramsay's journey to living a healthy lifestyle. Too basic for the experienced cook. Really like the roast chicken recipe.
Hajohns1982
Hajohns1982 rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Donna Samphier
Donna Samphier rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2013
Lisa Stewart
Lisa Stewart rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2012
Lee Hunsaker
Lee Hunsaker rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2014
Kim S
Kim S rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
  • Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home: 52 Quick Meals to Cook for Family and Friends
  • Jamie Does...
  • Great Scandinavian Baking Book
  • How to Roast a Lamb: New Greek Classic Cooking
  • Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible
  • Paris Sweets: Great Desserts from the City's Best Pastry Shops
Gordon James Ramsay, OBE, is a British chef, television personality and restaurateur. He has been awarded a total of 16 Michelin Stars, and in 2001 became one of only three chefs in the United Kingdom to hold three Michelin stars at one time. Ramsay currently ranks 3rd in the world in terms of Michelin Stars behind Joël Robuchon and Alain Ducasse.

Ramsay is known for presenting TV programmes about
More about Gordon Ramsay...