Start by marking “The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6)” as Want to Read:

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  321 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Stavros Denakis is furious when Tessa Marlowe turns up without warning. Weary and cynical through his experience with women, Stavros suspects the wife he hardly knows is a gold digger--surely she's here to claim her share of the Denakis millions. But Tessa is a temptation that he can't resist....Bedded by her gorgeous Greek husband, Tessa realizes she has fallen in love wi ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published May 13th 2008 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed)

Booklover
Tessa appears on the eve of Stavros Denakis engagement party and sets in motion a chain of events you won't want to miss

Stavros Denakis is the Greek alpha like no other who holds himself back when it comes to commitment and love. His father's past history with women have left him scared and resentful so when Tessa appears on his door step, he is not only furious but thinks she has an agenda. Tessa swears she is only here to return the "family" heirloom ring with the family crest.Is this really T
Jacqueline
Just okay. The first half of the story was a bit weak. The hero is almost stupidly insistant on believing that the heroine is out to extort money from him. Any reasonably intelligent man would have given her some sort of credence especially after he finds out so many times that she wasn't lieing about whatever situation had just come up that he was accusing her over. The second half after they start a physical relationship is better. And he does do some decent groveling at the end.
RLA
The hero Stavros is about to attend a party at his home where his engagement will be officially announced. Not that he is looking forward to it, after all it is simply a marriage for business purposes. However, he is shocked when he is informed that a woman called Tessa, the heroine, has turned up at his home. Four years ago Stavros had been doing aid work in a civil war torn country when he had heard about an Australian woman who had been imprisoned. In order to have her freed, he had pretended ...more
willaful
This made my fabulous wallbanger shelf, not because the hero is monumentally dickish -- this is a modern Presents, so it's kept relatively tame -- but because he goes on being dickish for so long. It takes 152 pages for him to stop believing Tessa deliberately disrupted his life to try and get money out of him for purely mercenary reasons and to start believing she deliberately disrupted his life to try and get money out of him because after her hard life she needs security.

There's some excellen
KatieV
I loved it up until the halfway point and then just liked. The H deserved more of a comeuppance and struggle than he got. Wow was he determined to hold onto his gold digger obsession! Even virginity wasn't a magic wand. Which, although I often enjoy the trope, I don't get how a hymen makes you a saint. I remember girls in high school (including myself) who were still virgins and managed to still have all sorts of faults and I don't remember anyone suddenly growing horns and a tail the moment the ...more
Edina Rose
Tessa and Stavros met in a civil war-torn South-American country. He was there for business when he heard of a foreigner held prisoner. He pretended she was his bride and married her in order to save her. But on their way out of danger zone, a bomb exploded and they got separated.

She thinks he died, and cherishes the memory of a wonderful, gorgeous and generous hero who gave his live saving her. He is the star of all her fantasies, the man of her dreams.

Stavros also believes she died and carri
Jasbell76
I usually check Goodreads' reviews and the rating of a book before read it. This has 3.5 stars, so I told myself let's give this book and the author a chance because Annie West is not of my top HP authors, but I have read some good comments of her books. Anyway, I finished to read this book only because I promised to myself from now on not abandon a book after I start it. So, I have to say I didn't like it.
1. The way the author describes how and when the h/H met, was very poor, weak, I don't kn
Victoria
This review is also published on Always a Booklover.

This was a rather disappointing read. Thing is, it should have been great. It had everything a book needed – likable characters, good plot, hot hero (hehe), sexual tension, etc. But I didn’t like it. Perhaps it didn’t come together for me. On its own, they were all good. But together, it didn’t work very well. But then again, it could also be due to my mood. I doubt so though. I read it over a few sittings because I was kinda bored with it.

The
Tonya Warner
Stavros Denakis had just announced his engagement when Tessa Marlowe apprears on the scene. The woman he had married to save from prison in a foreign country. The woman he had believed dead for the last four years. He can only believe she is after money from him because that is what his life experience has been.

Tessa had struggled for four years trying to escape from a country in crisis, dreaming of the man who she believed pretended to marry her for her to escape. Told she was the only one to s
Jenny
I couldn't finish it, the plot was too static and the characters were not compelling at all.
Aki
The sbook is one of the more uncommon HQ stories around and features some one-of-a-kind elements I've yet to have read in other HQ stories. Without giving anything anyway spoiler-wise I can tell you that the heroine's gone through a lot and is therefore easy to like. However I am not quite so fond of how she lets herself be steam-rolled by the guy. He treats her badly -even after being proven wrong several times about his assumptions. A girl should be clever enough not to let herself be held cap ...more
Amber
This is a bit of a facepalm book. It has so many promising elements, and the writing isn't too bad at all. But it's just like...The hero believes the worst in every situation and in the face of REPEATED proof that he's wrong about the heroine!! If I'd been his dad I would have been like "I need to tell you something, son. It's a secret, come closer. Closer. *WHAP* Don't be such an idjit!!" It got three stars instead of two because facepalm books can be entertaining in their own right.
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
3.5 Stars
The hero is really crass at times and I had a lot of trouble liking him pretty much throughout the whole book until the last couple of chapters. The heroine , well, I'm not really into malnutritioned, bony women but she had some redeeming qualities.
It's really the last chapter that sealed it for me as a 3.5 star rating. Stavros has to apologise more than once and make proper amends to his wife. I found this chapter and what was said very touching.
Leona
I debated giving this a 2 or a 3...... I finally went with a three, mostly because I liked the plot and the secondary characters..especially grandpa. I was surprised because Annie West usually delivers a much stronger heroine than she did here. Tessie Marlow just seemed a major contradiction. Though she was able to fight off guerilla warfare and survive a country in civil war, she couldn't stand up to Stavros?

Meg Kinch
I was waffling on whether or not to give this 3 stars instead of 2 or even one. I found the hero to be a bit over the top in the alpha, dominate male arena for what I like in a Harlequin book. The fact that he doesn't believe the heroine at all throughout almost the entire book and insists that she is after his money even going so far as to saying she is looking for stability towards the end really rankled. I found myself scanning quite a few parts of the book where I didn't have to read so much ...more
Rhonda
Oh I wanted to kick Stavros ass. He was so damn stubborn and set in his way. I never thought he would open his eyes and see Tessa for what she was. And Tessa loved him so much that she was almost willing to stay with him for just the tidbits of affection she got. Never having anyone in her life that was constant definitely went against her in this case.

This was a very moving story, with very strong and intense emotions. I loved how the author brought in each the hero and heroine's back stories.
Naomie
Nice ending though! Finished it weeks ago!
Wellga
heran, dari mana Tessa punya duit buat naik pesawat dari South America 'daerah konflik lagi!?' ke Yunani??? But, anyway it's a good story... seorang tycoon yang selalu mawas diri (ato lebih tepatnya tinggi hati) selalu berpikiran bahwa semua wanita itu gold digger?? Is it??? well, gak semuanya lho!
salut buat Tessa!
Sweety
Hmm, the hero have a lot of doubtful about the heroine, he feel that the heroine is gold digger, so he not trust the heroine that show up in the engagement party between hero and somebody else.

The heroine so weak, can not fight the domination from the hero
Lady Jaye
Loved this one and it remains one of my favorite harlequin presents till date. Stavros and Tessa were great fun to read about, and neither of them overbearing or TSTL.
Ana
the guy is a stupid jerk. he bullies tessa non stop plus he doesn't even know her and is soooo assured that she is a gold digger. and ofc sex is answer to everything.
Ladyacct
Heroine was in a very serious situation and hero saved her, but she found out her hero was not only human but could be a bit of a donkey's butt too.
Gege86
Loved the h, hated the H, He was so arrogant while the heroine had some backbone. Lovely read with a lot of angst.
Dee
I really liked this one- loads of angst which I like to see in my Harlequins :)
Arabella
Arabella marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
  • The Spaniard's Defiant Virgin (Modern Romance, #711)
  • A Passionate Marriage
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • Bought for the Frenchman's Pleasure
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • The Dimitrakos Proposition
  • The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester #1)
  • The Demetrios Virgin
  • The Sicilian's Christmas Bride
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)

USA Today Bestselling author Annie West loves writing passionate, intense love stories. She has devoted her life to an in depth study of tall, dark, charismatic heroes who cause the best kind of trouble in the lives of their heroines. Creating heroines who are a perfect mat
More about Annie West...
The Desert King's Pregnant Bride (Unexpected Babies) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #50) Prince of Scandal Imprisoned by a Vow Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3) Girl in the Bedouin Tent