Start by marking “The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception” as Want to Read:
The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception

The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception

“Get ready to get mad. Corn has cut through the spin and crafted an important and powerful challenge to Bush and his crew.” —Molly Ivins

“David Corn’s The Lies of George W. Bush is as hard-hitting an attack as has been leveled against the current president.” —Los Angeles Times

“George W. Bush is a liar. He has lied large and small, directly and by omission. He has mugged the
Published May 25th 2004 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Lies of George W. Bush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lies of George W. Bush

G.R. Reader
Aug 21, 2015 G.R. Reader rated it really liked it
With his enviably economical style, Corn manages to dispose of the subject in only 368 pages. Nice work, David.
Matt

When I was just starting to get political I picked this book up randomly at a Barnes after a huge fight with my republican father.

It's excellent. I learned so much from it. It's incredibly clear, informative, and well-written. He knows how to handle his material so that he doesn't get out of hand with his obvious anger and dissatisfaction with W. No mean feat, I can assure you, If you haven't already had the pleasure of getting red-faced mad with our POTUS. And I know you have....

Anyway, this is
Barry
Jan 22, 2008 Barry rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Proves beyond all doubt (if anyone still had any) that G W Bush lies extensively, cynically, deliberately, and repeatedly. But it is a book desperately in need of at least some reflection on the question of why he has been able to get away with it, and what might be done to reduce the likelihood of such a person and such an administration getting into power again.
Lynn Vannucci
"Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions." Machiavelli explaining why Bush got a second term.
Will Byrnes
There are so many it is hard to keep track.
Franchesca Guerrero
Nov 13, 2012 Franchesca Guerrero rated it it was amazing
I thought Mr. Corn did a great job of breaking down President Bush's lies and deceptions to the American people. I felt that even though he is a liberal he discussed President Bush's presidency in an objective way. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to know what did President Bush did for our country. It is a little long but he is thinking throughout his book and then answers his questions and makes you think. Bush is a very lucky and smart man who used his lies to get w ...more
Kai Palchikoff
Habitual lies as MO
Lynn Vannucci
Christopher Perez
May 29, 2013 Christopher Perez rated it really liked it
about what I thought it would..W is a lucky dumb ass
Barbara Brien
I just got sick of reading this - and I really had no reason to keep going. Bush did lie; but so does every politician, really.
Boyd
Feb 08, 2013 Boyd rated it it was amazing
I thought this book did a good job at exposing the past administration. I hope what Mr. Corn says does not fall and deaf ears, and this does not happen again.
Lisa Bartley
Lisa Bartley rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2017
Dan
Dan rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2007
Derek Mcmillan
Derek Mcmillan rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2012
Andrew Alan
Andrew Alan rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2014
Duncan Meredith
Duncan Meredith rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Susan Decker
Susan Decker rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2014
Sheikh Tajamul
Sheikh Tajamul rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Roger Barbosa
Roger Barbosa rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2017
Amy Knowles
Amy Knowles rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Jeff Baas
Jeff Baas rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2013
Janet Gauthier
Janet Gauthier rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Juan
Juan rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Russ and Angie
Russ and Angie rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2017
David
David rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2015
Linsay
Linsay rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2008
Micah
Micah rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2007
robert.haas
robert.haas rated it did not like it
Oct 19, 2015
Cindy Loomis-Torvi
Cindy Loomis-Torvi rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2017
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Big Lies: The Right-Wing Propaganda Machine and How It Distorts the Truth
  • Supreme Injustice
  • Take It Back: A Battle Plan for Democratic Victory
  • A Tragic Legacy: How a Good vs. Evil Mentality Destroyed the Bush Presidency
  • Tear Down This Myth: How the Reagan Legacy Has Distorted Our Politics and Haunts Our Future
  • American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush
  • F.U.B.A.R.: America's Right-Wing Nightmare
  • Truth and Consequences: Special Comments on the Bush Administration's War on American Values
  • The Fall of the House of Bush: How a Group of True Believers Put America on the Road to Armageddon
  • Maestro: Greenspan's Fed and the American Boom
  • The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power
  • Shrub: The Short but Happy Political Life of George W. Bush