Start by marking “The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception” as Want to Read:
The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception

The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  10 reviews
“Get ready to get mad. Corn has cut through the spin and crafted an important and powerful challenge to Bush and his crew.” —Molly Ivins

“David Corn’s The Lies of George W. Bush is as hard-hitting an attack as has been leveled against the current president.” —Los Angeles Times

“George W. Bush is a liar. He has lied large and small, directly and by omission. He has mugged the
Published May 25th 2004 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Lies of George W. Bush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lies of George W. Bush

matt

When I was just starting to get political I picked this book up randomly at a Barnes after a huge fight with my republican father.

It's excellent. I learned so much from it. It's incredibly clear, informative, and well-written. He knows how to handle his material so that he doesn't get out of hand with his obvious anger and dissatisfaction with W. No mean feat, I can assure you, If you haven't already had the pleasure of getting red-faced mad with our POTUS. And I know you have....

Anyway, this is
Barry
Proves beyond all doubt (if anyone still had any) that G W Bush lies extensively, cynically, deliberately, and repeatedly. But it is a book desperately in need of at least some reflection on the question of why he has been able to get away with it, and what might be done to reduce the likelihood of such a person and such an administration getting into power again.
Lynn Vannucci
"Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions." Machiavelli explaining why Bush got a second term.
Franchesca Guerrero
I thought Mr. Corn did a great job of breaking down President Bush's lies and deceptions to the American people. I felt that even though he is a liberal he discussed President Bush's presidency in an objective way. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to know what did President Bush did for our country. It is a little long but he is thinking throughout his book and then answers his questions and makes you think. Bush is a very lucky and smart man who used his lies to get w ...more
Kai Palchikoff
Habitual lies as MO
Lynn Vannucci
Boyd
I thought this book did a good job at exposing the past administration. I hope what Mr. Corn says does not fall and deaf ears, and this does not happen again.
Barbara Brien
I just got sick of reading this - and I really had no reason to keep going. Bush did lie; but so does every politician, really.
Christopher Perez
about what I thought it would..W is a lucky dumb ass
Will Byrnes
There are so many it is hard to keep track.
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Joyce Williams
Joyce Williams marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Heather Santiago
Heather Santiago marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Julien Siino
Julien Siino marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Tyler Parksion
Tyler Parksion marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Cfi Canada
Cfi Canada marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Ola
Ola marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Blossom
Blossom marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Brock Huerkamp
Brock Huerkamp marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Lanea bittaye
Lanea bittaye marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
  • Big Lies: The Right-Wing Propaganda Machine and How It Distorts the Truth
  • A Tragic Legacy: How a Good vs. Evil Mentality Destroyed the Bush Presidency
  • American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush
  • Truth and Consequences: Special Comments on the Bush Administration's War on American Values
  • Tear Down This Myth: How the Reagan Legacy Has Distorted Our Politics and Haunts Our Future
  • F.U.B.A.R.: America's Right-Wing Nightmare
  • Had Enough?: A Handbook for Fighting Back
  • The Fall of the House of Bush: How a Group of True Believers Put America on the Road to Armageddon
  • Bushwhacked: Life in George W. Bush's America
  • The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power
  • Worse Than Watergate: The Secret Presidency of George W. Bush
  • Maestro: Greenspan's Fed and the American Boom
  • The Greatest Story Ever Sold: The Decline and Fall of Truth from 9/11 to Katrina
  • The Price of Loyalty: George W. Bush, the White House, and the Education of Paul O'Neill
  • Ulysses S. Grant
  • The Republican War on Science
  • Blinded by the Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative
Showdown 47 Percent: Uncovering the Romney Video That Rocked the 2012 Election Deep Background Blond Ghost: Ted Shackley and the CIA's Crusades The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception