Start by marking “Devil's Hand” as Want to Read:
Devil's Hand

Devil's Hand (Robotech #13)

It was 2020. Six years had passed since the destruction of the Super Dimensional Fortresses 1 and 2, that final tragedy of the First Robotech War. But Earth was on the mend now, and from the wreckage of those ships the Robotech Defense Force had succeeded in fashioning a new battle fortress the SDF-3. Its mission: to cross the galaxy and make peace with Tirol's Robotech M ...more
Published March 12th 1988 by Del Rey Books

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Hand

Alyssa Denise
Oct 13, 2016 Alyssa Denise rated it liked it
took me pretty long before i got into it... there's a lot of political factions involving various alulien species as well as humans. edwards is such a self-serving, selfish bastard.
Timothy McNeil
Maybe it is all for the best that The Sentinels never made it to television. Where the duo that make up McKinney did an excellent job adding depth and maturity (to a degree) to the novelization of the Macross saga, they appear to have simply gone through the motions in trying to adapt the scripts for the follow-up series. They struggle to introduce characters in a smooth manner, have a worse time trying to represent the political scheming, and the action is almost non-existent (they choose to ...more
Scott Taylor
Jun 23, 2013 Scott Taylor rated it liked it
I'm not sure how many books 'Jack McKinney' actually sold in this series, but it has to be pretty stupendous. Nonetheless, the 4th, or Sentinels Series is another great example of finding a groove and sticking to it. McKinney is pressed for the first time with making it up as he goes, because unlike the first three Robotech Series this one never made it past initial production. He does, however, use his talent and knowledge of the universe to begin to cobble together a cohesive story that inspir ...more
Mzungo
Mar 29, 2011 Mzungo rated it really liked it
Great series of books for kids that enjoy or are interested in science fiction. I read these books in middle school (I'm now in my 30s) and loved each one. The stories are fun, engaging and relatively fast paced. I'd be tempted to reread them now just for old time's sake if I didn't have so many new books on my to-read list.

I knocked it down a peg because, in retrospect, there are some aspects that are a bit too cheesy. I'm sure when my kids are old enough, they'll get thier own copies.
Taddow
Mar 08, 2014 Taddow rated it liked it
I loved Robotech growing up and the Sentinels series was the series that I wanted to see animated the most after the original. Settling for the books instead, sadly the book doesn't match the appeal of a cartoon series. Nevertheless, it's good to see how the storyline progresses and learn about the events between the RDF and the Masters' home world.
Timothy Boyd
May 11, 2015 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it
Great SiFi series. Giant battlesuits battling outer space monsters, what more can you ask for. Very recommended
William T. Chromzack
Good read. Very nostalgic

Good read. Been a long time since I read this series. I watched and own all the episodes. Never read sentinels, this fills a lot of holes.
Keith Bowden
May 23, 2009 Keith Bowden rated it did not like it
Shelves: television, skiffy
Godawful. So disappointing, not worth the effort. Hard to believe Brian Daley was parially responsible for this tripe.
Butterflykatana
Jun 02, 2013 Butterflykatana rated it it was amazing
Read it back in the summer of 1991, and just reread it in 2011 still really enjoyed it. Though most of this series I admit to not remembering the finer details so it had it page turning moments.
Joshua Cash
Jan 04, 2015 Joshua Cash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good start

Nice to see what happened to the sdf3 after so many years. Glad I delved back into the lives of the old crew.
Jason Brooks
Jason Brooks rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Chris O'Mara
Chris O'Mara rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2010
M
M rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2010
Miguel
Miguel rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2011
Russell Goddard
Russell Goddard rated it really liked it
May 07, 2014
Larry Kenney
Larry Kenney rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2012
Kipjo Ewers
Kipjo Ewers rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Jeff
Jeff rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2010
Damion
Damion rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2012
Doug-w Warren
Doug-w Warren rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Jordan
Jordan rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2010
Daryl Nash
Daryl Nash rated it did not like it
Sep 17, 2008
Ruben
Ruben rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2009
Pantha
Pantha rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Robert Schneider
Robert Schneider rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Jeff
Jeff rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
May 21, 2010
Stewart
Stewart rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2011
David
David rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2012
  • Doctor Who: Snakedance
  • Turning Point (Sholan Alliance, #1)
  • The Wizardry Compiled (Wiz, #2)
  • Doctor Who: Galaxy Four
  • Doctor Who: Enlightenment
  • Doctor Who: Timelash
  • The Shadow Gate
  • Doctor Who: Logopolis
  • Divine Right (Merovingen Nights, #5)
  • Doctor Who and the Creature from the Pit
  • Ahistory: An Unauthorized History of the Doctor Who Universe
  • Doctor Who and the Daemons
  • Doctor Who: The Awakening
  • Doctor Who: The Twin Dilemma

Robotech (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Genesis (Robotech, First Generation, #1)
  • Battle Cry (Robotech, First Generation, #2)
  • Homecoming (Robotech, First Generation, #3)
  • Battlehymn (Robotech, First Generation, #4)
  • Force of Arms (Robotech, First Generation, #5)
  • Doomsday (Robotech, First Generation, #6)
  • The Zentraedi Rebellion (Robotech/Lost Generation #19)
  • Dark Powers (Sentinels, No 2)
  • Death Dance (Sentinels, No 3)
  • World Killers (Sentinels, No 4)